PDA

View Full Version : Morning at the range

Trav
08-29-2015, 12:48 PM
With my recent acquisitions of the .257 & .300 whby Mags and scopes I needed to get them sighted in so I loaded them up and grabbed my .270WSM and 25.06 and made a morning of it I love shooting but I have to admit every time I shot I could hear a cash register ding. I am not generally one for saving brass since I don't reload but after pricing Whby Mag brass, it's $30 a box I picked up every one. I might have to start reloading, seems like it might be fun.

They are all ready to go with a 200 yard zero except the .257 it's zeroed in at 300 yards. The only other gun I need to sight in is my .308 BLR but I am having a hard time finding any ammo it likes well enoug to shoot consistently. I have tried Barnes Vor-tx 168 gr TSX's, Federal Fusion 150gr and Winchester Ballistic Silvertip 150 gr and haven't been overly happy with any of them. Do you guys think it might just be that the BLR is never going to give me the accuracy of my bolt guns and I am expecting to much?

I have got a new sighting in set up and I will post a video later on.

Trav
08-29-2015, 01:21 PM
Here is the video, there is a plunger system that allows me to fire it without actually touching the gun.
http://youtu.be/pd0kefsJXB0

Arty
08-29-2015, 07:48 PM
That video reminds me of an episode of Breaking Bad.