PDA

View Full Version : Off to Wisconsin for two days.

jb
08-29-2015, 09:07 PM
386 miles and 6 1/2 hours per MapQuest unless I get tied up in traffic through Chicago. Hate that part of the trip as bad as I dislike going through Atlanta.
Nothing to see except to darn many cars, trucks and dirty expressways.
Could take the Northern Route through the UP but that would be 516 miles through the woods and along the lake, but an estimated 9 1/4 hours, and you never know if it will snow. :wink
Coming back Tuesday AM, get an early enough start and may miss the rush hour.
Going to pick up the shotgun I won a few weeks ago, I get to see it built, pick out the wood and have the gun fitted to this old fat body.
Won't see the finished product till early October, but I guess it's worth the wait.
Be good while I"'m gone.

Buckrub
08-29-2015, 09:08 PM
Can't.......I'll be gone while you're gone.

BarryBobPosthole
08-29-2015, 09:13 PM
don't forget to start the weekly fall pictures!

bKB

Thumper
08-29-2015, 09:17 PM
Heck, I'm ALREADY gone! ;)

No-till Boss
08-29-2015, 09:20 PM
That's gonna be a super cool experience JB, congratulations !

Buckrub
08-29-2015, 09:20 PM
Thump, I think you went to look for yourself but were out when you left. So, if you see yourself before you get back, let yourself know to wait and you'll return shortly.

Buckrub
08-29-2015, 10:18 PM
Dang.

Be careful, Bubba!

http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/video/michigan-police-hunt-sniper-targeting-vehicles-highways-33377328

Thumper
08-29-2015, 10:42 PM
I just dropped in to see what condition my condition was in ...

Yeah, yeah, oh-yeah, what condition my condition was in .... ;)

Buckrub
08-30-2015, 10:48 AM
Do you know I saw Kenny Rogers and the 1st Edition live, in college? 17 y/o guitar player, if I remember right (and I might not!!), and that was one of the numbers. I was in the 2nd row. That was when it was in an auditorium and everyone sat upright and quiet and applauded only when the tune was over.

And yes, they did have one place to plug in an electric guitar.

BarryBobPosthole
08-30-2015, 11:57 AM
I will never forget when the First Edition played that song on The Red Skelton Show. After the song, Red came out on stage with an autoharp and a long hair and bearded Kenny Rogers asked him 'What's that under your arm?" and Red replied very sarcastically "Hair, whatta you got, feathers?". I was probably thirteen and it struck me how much Red Skelton hated those guys and showed it openly.

BKB

Thumper
08-30-2015, 12:14 PM
That was when it was in an auditorium and everyone sat upright and quiet and applauded only when the tune was over.

Every auditorium concert I ever attended, joints were pased around the audience. Ya' hardly ever knew where they were even coming from! ;)