PDA

View Full Version : Edward....

Captain
09-03-2015, 04:40 AM
You got a dove field this year?
I'm gonna miss opening day cause I'll be playing in the big water. :-)
But I should be on they ass Monday...

Big Muddy
09-03-2015, 11:36 AM
Love the pic, Cap....fits me perfectly, too....yep, I fixed a dove field, but doesn't look to be a total success....tomorrow, will be our 61st straight day with little or no rain....I pumped some irrigation water down one end of the field, and it seems the birds are coming to the water, as much as the feed, especially, since 95 degree temps. have returned here....in addition, rice, late corn, and early bean harvest are underway, all around me, and it's hard to compete with that abundant waste seed on the ground.

No-till Boss
09-03-2015, 11:41 AM
Big M, we just got dry enough today, to think about watering soybeans for the FIRST time. this year.....how wild is that ?

Buckrub
09-03-2015, 11:43 AM
Big M, we just got dry enough today, to think about watering soybeans for the FIRST time. this year.....how wild is that ?

As I can attest this week.........1200 miles and counting. .....America is a big place!

Big Muddy
09-03-2015, 11:59 AM

Yep, I can believe that....for the past three years, this dry weather pattern has hit our immediate area....very unusual for us....yet, 50 miles north of us, around the general Tunica-Clarksdale-Batesville area, most farmers never flipped on an irrigation switch, either.