PDA

View Full Version : My follow-up colonscopy info......

Big Muddy
09-04-2015, 05:33 PM
Just received a follow-up note from my GI doc's nurse....to maintain better bowl movements, I am to swallow a minimum of 5-8 Metamucil pills, each morning....these are suppose to produce "floaters"....this is in reference to my turds....if they are "sinkers", that's a no-no bad turd....the ingredients in the Metamucil (psyllium husks) will inject enough fiber qualities in my turds, to cause them to become "floaters", which are the good turds.

I've never been much of a turd watcher, but I do remember several GH discussions in the past on the subject....I even remember the heated discussion we had about the proper direction for wiping....i.e., north to south or south to north....can't seem to remember the winner of that one....prolly Phole. ;)

In the meantime, I am to increase the recommended pill dosage, until I produce all "floaters", and continue at that dosage, daily...I got a feeling that I'm gonna be a "floater" failure. ;)

Buckrub
09-04-2015, 05:38 PM
I have taken 5 such pills every day for 20+ years. And 20 more other pills.

Big Muddy
09-04-2015, 05:46 PM
So, I assume that you are a successful "floater" producer....question---if you wipe before looking, and the tp covers up the suspect turd, how do you determine it's flotation qualities??? ;)

Chicken Dinner
09-04-2015, 06:01 PM
It, you could actually eat more fiber instead of taking a pill.

Thumper
09-04-2015, 06:08 PM
:tmi:tmi:tmi:tmi:tmi

Big Muddy
09-04-2015, 07:56 PM
No, Thump, this is just healthy conversation....I'm trying to spread the good news about those healthy floaters!!! ;)

And, CD, according to the nurse's memo, I don't think even several bowls of oatmeal will make floaters, acceptable to her standards. ;)

Yeah, I know, it's sorta dumb-sounding stuff, but funny as heck, while I was reading it to my wife....we had our colonoscopies the same day, and she got a letter, too. ;)

jb
09-04-2015, 08:06 PM
No pills, just a teaspoon of the powder in a glass of water makes for nice floaters. :happy

airbud7
09-04-2015, 08:15 PM
A pot of coffee every morning and i blow the back of the toilet off...

BarryBobPosthole
09-04-2015, 08:24 PM
You could chew the cork off your rod handles. That'd probably give your doo doo positive bouyancy.

bKB

Buckrub
09-05-2015, 08:15 PM
I tried the soluble powder for years. UGH. I take 5 pills now.

I have no clue. I don't look. I don't care what they LOOK like long as they keep coming daily. Without the pills, they don't.