PDA

View Full Version : Legit competition to the Yeti?

Arty
09-05-2015, 01:23 PM
Any of youse know anything about these? I'm thinking about gettin the big one... 1/2 the price of a yeti. Appears comparable

https://www.rticcoolers.com/

Chicken Dinner
09-05-2015, 01:41 PM
Not that one in particular. But, I have heard of others like Grizzly that are supposed to be comparable to Yeti. I haven't but the billet on a yeti cooler, but I do have one of their travel mugs and it's worth every bit of the $30 I paid for it.

Thumper
09-05-2015, 02:15 PM
Check your keyboard CD ... I think your "U" and "I" keys are reversed. :D

Buckrub
09-05-2015, 08:12 PM
They have tons of competition. I have a Yukon that's a bit bigger than the Yeti Roadie. Better handle, cools equally. I have a 55 qt Igloo Sportsman every bit as good as a Yeti and less than $200 at Sam's.

Pelican, Engel, Icey Tek (I have one of these I got used, cheap, from a guy that fits in back of my side by side and does great, not as fancy but cheap and works), lots of 'em.
http://www.thebestcooler.com/

Basically, they are all roto-molded coolers. The question is which handles do you like, how thick are they, what are the outside dimensions compared to capacity, hinges, that sort of thing. But there are lots of options other than Yeti, which is of course, very good.

No-till Boss
09-05-2015, 09:04 PM
Hell fire, buy a The Coleman Xtreme 75 quart for 50 bucks and the damn thing has wheels too. I laugh at all the dumbasses that bring those HEAVY expensive coolers that don't hold shit to lake and watch them struggle or have to have help to get it to the boat........SO STUPID !

Captain
09-05-2015, 09:33 PM
Seems like the Yeti is the standard by which all others are judged. I'll stay with them.

Thumper
09-05-2015, 09:35 PM
Could you imagine if Toyota started making coolers? :D

Arty
09-05-2015, 09:44 PM
Seems like the Yeti is the standard by which all others are judged. I'll stay with them.
Have to agree.... They are the standard. And I have a couple of the ones mentioned above in other posts.... And they ARE NOT comparable to Yeti's

Arty
09-05-2015, 09:47 PM
Hell fire, buy a The Coleman Xtreme 75 quart for 50 bucks and the damn thing has wheels too. I laugh at all the dumbasses that bring those HEAVY expensive coolers that don't hold shit to lake and watch them struggle or have to have help to get it to the boat........SO STUPID !

Won't hold ice.... Or hold up to wear and tear like a Yeti.
I've had two of those.

Captain
09-05-2015, 09:49 PM
On a serious note, it appears that is a cooler I would be willing to try. As far as I can tell it should be as good as the yeti. But until I give it a test all that would just be a guess. It sure looks like great construction. Might be worth throwing some bucks at?

Buckrub
09-05-2015, 09:50 PM
Tastes Great

Less Filling

Tastes Great

Less Filling

No-till Boss
09-05-2015, 09:56 PM
Won't hold ice.... Or hold up to wear and tear like a Yeti.
I've had two of those.

I've got one that I bought in 2011 and it still keeps ice just as well as any yeti on my boat.

Buckrub
09-05-2015, 09:59 PM
TASTES FILLING

LESS GREAT

TASTES LESS

FILLING GREAT

YADA YADA YETI YADA WHATTY

Captain
09-05-2015, 10:09 PM
The last thing you want on a boat is a cooler that has handles like the Yukon. Those stick out from the side and not only do they take more room on the deck those handles will put your ass in the water when you are fighting a reef donkey and having to chase him around the boat four or five times. I'm sure they are fine in the back of a pick-up but not on the deck of a boat. You need fold down or rope handles.

Trav
09-05-2015, 10:24 PM
This about all I will say about one of my 3 Yeti's. My 75 was in the bed of my truck when I rolled it. The cooler was about 150 feet from where my truck ended up. I had a retrax bed cover on so I know it was in the truck bed for at least a couple of the rolls until the cover came off. It had a little e bit of road rash but no cracks and never even opened. I don't know of to many coolers that would have survived that accident.

No-till Boss
09-05-2015, 10:40 PM
This about all I will say about one of my 3 Yeti's. My 75 was in the bed of my truck when I rolled it. The cooler was about 150 feet from where my truck ended up. I had a retrax bed cover on so I know it was in the truck bed for at least a couple of the rolls until the cover came off. It had a little e bit of road rash but no cracks and never even opened. I don't know of to many coolers that would have survived that accident.

Probably be good at keeping bears out too.......

Buckrub
09-05-2015, 10:51 PM
The last thing you want on a boat is a cooler that has handles like the Yukon. Those stick out from the side and not only do they take more room on the deck those handles will put your ass in the water when you are fighting a reef donkey and having to chase him around the boat four or five times. I'm sure they are fine in the back of a pick-up but not on the deck of a boat. You need fold down or rope handles.

I really like mine in my boat! Not trying to be confrontational at all......just really like it. I don't chase reef donkeys around the boat, so......... Mine sits down in the floor between the two decks. The handle folds down, I don't leave it up. I don't fish like you do.........if I did, it might be a problem. It's awesome for carrying when I'm in the back of someone else's boat. When I'm in mine, I have the bigger Igloo Sportsman, but for sitting in the back of someone else's, I like it a lot. Course, it's bigger than a Roadie, so my big honking Samsung fits it in it better, so there you go............. :)

AND, I can't afford a Yeti, so there you go again!

Buckrub
09-05-2015, 10:52 PM

Yeah, that's the reason I buy coolers, all right!!! '

:D