PDA

View Full Version : Slow day.

Captain
09-05-2015, 05:57 PM
Only caught about 30 of these slot redfish so far... ;-). But we are still out.

Big Muddy
09-05-2015, 06:15 PM
Go get 'em, bro.!!!....hotter than the devil's nutsack down here, but we are chasing doves, anyway....had a pretty fair morning hunt, until the temp hit about 100....it's finally cooled off a little, this afternoon, but birds are moving slow.

You look really happy and satiated !!!....enjoy yourself, bro. ;)

BarryBobPosthole
09-05-2015, 06:28 PM
You got onto 'em! Awesome! Looking good there pard.

bKB

Thumper
09-05-2015, 06:43 PM
Man, I used to love catching reds back in the day. I'd kill 'em on shrimp or finger mullet! It's a lazy man's fish, ya' don't even have to set the hook, they take care of that themselves! Have fun dude ... you have work to do when you get home! ;)

Buckrub
09-05-2015, 08:13 PM
I hear they are good. Looks like a carp. Way to go.........

P.S.
I have the short sleeved version of that shirt. Wanna buy it? :)

Thumper
09-05-2015, 08:27 PM
That's Cappy wearin' it ... it HAS short sleeves! :D

Captain
09-05-2015, 09:29 PM
Short sleeves are from people that want to look like they fish. Long sleeves are for fisherman. :D
Oh and bite me Thumper.

Thumper
09-05-2015, 09:36 PM
:toothy

Buckrub
09-05-2015, 09:54 PM
I swear, there are folks here that quote a LOT of 'rules' that I'm pretty sure are just made up on the spot!!!

I'm also pretty sure long sleeves are hotter than short sleeves, having worn both, and actually owning and wearing both in every condition, so I'm pretty much speaking first hand here.

:D

Captain
09-05-2015, 10:25 PM
You are wrong Bucky, but thats your opinion and you are welcome to it. I guess if the sun is shining on you and there is a shade tree near you, by your way of thinking you would be cooler in the sun.
I choose to keep covered and cool myself. And I realize you ain't on the coast and fishing off shore or near shore but if you were you would be wearing long sleeves.
In these parts you can tell the visitors in a boat from the folks that fish a lot by what they are wearing. I always shake my head at a guy burning up in a t-shirt in the sun.
Burn on.... And believe what you want. But keeping that sun off is cooler that letting it burn you up.

Buckrub
09-05-2015, 10:54 PM
I thank you. I do believe what I believe, and have 67 years of experience to prove it. Course, I am probably not sane, and always wrong, but hey..........I don't wear short sleeves deer hunting in December, and I don't wear long pants or shirts fishing in August. But that's just me...........and if that's 'wrong', write me up, Ossifer!

And no, I don't fish off the coast of this country. I did it once, and caught a danged sailfish! But prolly won't ever go again. But I do get the long sleeves if I did............but I ain't.

BarryBobPosthole
09-06-2015, 12:02 AM
I see the bobber but I didn't see the Folgers can with the worms.

Or was it strawberry soda pop and wheaties dough balls you caught that carp on?

BKB

No-till Boss
09-06-2015, 06:19 AM
I didn't know shirts even had any sleeves for the summer months.......hmmmm

Thumper
09-06-2015, 07:15 AM
http://thisisafrica.me/wp-content/uploads/sites/4/2014/06/TightClothes-ArabicClothing.jpg

Foreground: Men who spend their lives in the sun

Background: Dumb tourists

:stirthepot :biggrin

BarryBobPosthole
09-06-2015, 09:54 AM
Come to thnk of it, isn't 'sheik' arabic for 'captain'?

bKB

Buckrub
09-06-2015, 10:31 AM
http://thisisafrica.me/wp-content/uploads/sites/4/2014/06/TightClothes-ArabicClothing.jpg

Foreground: Men who spend their lives in the sun

Background: Dumb tourists

:stirthepot :biggrin

Yep! THAT is who I really wanna emulate! Smart guys. But............the wardrobe is not complete with JUST long sleeves is it? I mean, dontcha gotta wear a 'Doo on your haid?

Big Muddy
09-06-2015, 11:24 AM
Those dudes eat mutton, wipe their butts with their fingers, and never bathe....can you imagine the aroma under those robes in hot weather!!! ;)