PDA

View Full Version : Hey, Bucky, our Hogs are looking pretty good, huh?....

Big Muddy
09-05-2015, 06:03 PM
UTEP is by no means a powerhouse, but the Hogs are really executing well.

On behalf of the entire state of MS, I would like to make an apology for Ole Piss....besides being a bunch of arrogant preppy pricks, I think they chose the sorriest football team in the nation for their first game of the season, and embarrassed the rest of our state's population, by gleefully and openly wallowing in their 76-3 win over Univ. Tenn.-Martin. on national tv. ;););)

Thumper
09-05-2015, 06:34 PM
Oh man! I went to UT Martin! Heck, I didn't even know we HAD a football team! No wait! I DO remember making a boatload of money bootlegging booze out of Fulton, Kentucky back to Martin (which was in a dry county), for homecoming weekend. Isn't that always a big football weekend or sumpin'?

When I was there ... I don't remember many jocks ... us engineering nerds all walked around with slide rules hooked to our belts. 'Course I spent most of my time in the Dean's (Dean Stokes) office finding out the latest reason I was on probation. I was a bit of a brainiac, so it was never academic probation ... always social probation. In fact, at the time, I held the record for being the only student at UT to be put on DOUBLE probation. (I almost made it a triple, but I think I'd already served my time for the first offense.) ;)

True story, the Dean had me in his office for an ass-chewing. He said I could be charged with kidnapping of a State employee (long story). Anyway, he informed me I was being put on social probation. Since I was ALREADY on probation, I thought I was being expelled (normal procedure .. kinda like a parole violation, ya' goes back ta' jail), but I never heard the word "expulsion". After the ass-chewing, I was leaving his office and turned to ask what persactly this meant, as I was already ON probation. He thought it over a second, then said, "I guess you're on DOUBLE PROBATION!!!" (I think ol' Dean Stokes liked me) At least I can say I was always on the "Dean's List" while there. :D

Buckrub
09-05-2015, 08:02 PM
Drove by UT Martin last week.

Hogs looked ok against UTEP. Should be ashamed for scheduling these teams, but ok...........

No-till Boss
09-05-2015, 09:08 PM
UTEP is by no means a powerhouse, but the Hogs are really executing well.

On behalf of the entire state of MS, I would like to make an apology for Ole Piss....besides being a bunch of arrogant preppy pricks, I think they chose the sorriest football team in the nation for their first game of the season, and embarrassed the rest of our state's population, by gleefully and openly wallowing in their 76-3 win over Univ. Tenn.-Martin. on national tv. ;););)

The hogs play them also in October ........ and throw in a Toledo to boot !

Buckrub
09-05-2015, 09:52 PM
My beliefs on Div I football scheduling have been well chronicled. Scheduling patsies is embarrassing.

Big Muddy
09-05-2015, 09:57 PM
My beliefs on Div I football scheduling have been well chronicled. Scheduling patsies is embarrassing.

Ditto....but, everyone knows why it's done....the big boys are guanteed a blowout win, and the poor bastage team gets a bus load of money for getting their azzes massacred.

Buckrub
09-05-2015, 09:58 PM
I know all that.

I'm still a'gin it. I'd stop it if I were Commissioner of the NCAA!

Buckrub
09-05-2015, 11:21 PM
OU rolled. Bama and aTm beat good teams. LSU is afraid to play in the rain, so they never started. Stanford lost. TCU squeaked by. Ohio State Mon night..........

Too hot, but glad to see it started. College football in the South...........grits, blondes, heat, skeeters, and football!