PDA

View Full Version : Obnoxious Gen Y'ers

Buckrub
09-06-2015, 03:08 PM
We had a good trip last week, and always enjoy watching the Cardinals. That's a fun stadium and Ballpark Village across the street is always a fun place to spend a few hours before the game. We had great seats.

BUT...........

first night, Wed night.........there were four Gen Y bozos filed in behind us in about the end of the 1st inning. They proceeded to be the most foul mouthed, loud, obnoxious folks I've ever heard. There was a black couple next to us.......the guy used to be a vendor there.......and we enjoyed visiting with them. That lady was next to me and the eye rolling we gave each other all night over this....she was ready to pop 'em, and I was ticked off that they wouldn't let me have a gun in the stadium. One .380 pop to the kneecap, and that one guy who was most obnoxious would have changed the subject, I bet.

I finally turned around and asked them to at least hold down the language. One guy said 'Sorry' and that lasted about 2 batters at most. Right back to it. Nasty, foul, language. But mostly just obnoxious. Of course, the two guys doing all the talking to each other were on each end! They spent 10 LOUD and LONG minutes arguing over who was the best overall athlete, Serena Williams or Wayne Gretzky. I kid you not. The lamented over how wonderful they were as pitchers in high school, and how they were even better hitters, and then in college (I think they went to Lower Missouri School for Idiots..........honestly, they mentioned the college but it was smaller than I'd heard of......) they were 'hurt' and thus didn't make it to the big leagues. Loud, nonstop.

OK, I put up with that all night. I almost 'tattled' to an usher, but just couldn't bring myself to do it.

Fast forward to Fri night. We are in seats 3 and 4...........not on aisle. Nice seats. Row behind us is empty, and I think I finally got lucky!

NOT!

2nd inning starts, and in comes 2 couples, maybe 23 years old each. All decked out in their Cardinal stuff, and I think "Well maybe they're real fans." Nope! They commenced to be literally the most foul mouthed humans I have EVER been around. I can not even begin to repeat their language. Not just F bombs, though they were every other word. But discussing the............'breeding'.......of their dogs and how funny they were, and how they thought they (the kids) might join in, and on and on. One girl was either drunk or a Valley Girl, or both.....loud, complete idiocy, arguing over whether her boyfriend gave her a Bud or Bud Light beer, and SCREAMING. Quiet couple next to me in seats 1 and 2, and they were about to lose it. I finally turned around and told them that I'd had it once last game, and wasn't going to listen to such language this game.

One guy apologized, actually profusely, and for.........you guessed it.........two batters, it was quiet. Then they kept going.

Luckily, I noticed two seats in the section to my left that had no one in them, and it was the 4th inning by now, and still no one there........so we just got up and moved. They were laughing at us and making fun of us for doing that. I just ignored them. Cards were getting totally hammered to boot, and I wasn't happy. The usher came down twice and talked to them, but it did no good.

After we moved, it was fine.........and we had fun. But I am just amazed at how some folks think that this is THEIR planet and anyone on it needs to kowtow to them! I know I have grandkids that would NEVER act that way, and I am sure all y'all have kids and grandkids that never would, either. But to hit it twice...........in our ONLY two games of the year..........wow.

My luck. But more than that, it saddened me that these folks had such poor upbringing.............

BarryBobPosthole
09-06-2015, 03:38 PM
Its not only a gen Y issue. The lack of respect for others in public places was taught to them by our generation (not us but by some of our peers). And it shows in the comedies we watch, the way 'news' and media people act to others, the 'heroes' we worship that basically are disrepectful to others we love to hate, and even in our politics believe it or not. But regardless it makes for an unconfortable situation and you paid good money to have a good time. Our grandparents would never put up with such disrespect as we see daily and ignore because its become part of our expectations.
BKB

Buckrub
09-06-2015, 03:59 PM
Hmm. Cardinal fans are amazing at the games. It is one reason that venue is so great to go to. Every fan is willing, and capable, of discussing at length whether Garcia or Lackey should be on the 3 man Playoff Rotation. They are humble, and every Pirate fan was treated well (I only saw ONE Washington fan, but Pirate fans were everywhere). It's a great event, every single game. When the announcer has one of those "Every body clap their hands", well, EVERY BODY CLAPS THEIR HANDS! Well not me, but everyone else! :)

The Cardinals are not even rude. The "Cardinal Way" is a well established method, and one thing it involves is some degree of humility. The Greatest Catcher That Ever Lived, even gives all credit to his team mates and the fans. It's just how they do it. When you are GOOD and HUMBLE to boot, you have my utmost respect. Ego is something I cannot abide. False ego even more so.

So it was just..........well, bothersome........to see this, and to see it twice in two games!

I can NOT imagine that kind of behavior. There is only one way to view it, and that is that these folks know their are humans all around them, but simply do not care.

Thumper
09-06-2015, 04:33 PM
Curmudgeon. ;)

Buckrub
09-06-2015, 04:35 PM
Pot/Kettle.

Thumper
09-06-2015, 05:10 PM
OLD curmudgeon! ;)

johnboy
09-06-2015, 06:22 PM
I can put up with a lot of crap but 'rude' pretty much does it for me. I am seriously sick of rude people (meet them everywhere now) and would love to drop a brick on their heads.

DeputyDog
09-07-2015, 09:59 AM
I had a similar thing happen a few years ago in a restaurant. My wife, daughter and I were enjoying our meal when two couples were seated next to us. They were probably in their early 20's and the guys were dropping f-bombs and all kinds of other things. One of the girls with them actually said they should watch how they were talking, and the guys replied that they were all adults. That gave me my opening and I leaned back in my chair and I told him "They all may be adults, but my 4 year old daughter didn't need to hear that". It actually worked. The guys apologized and were fine for the rest of the time we were there.