PDA

View Full Version : The "Lady in Black" is gonna paint some stripes tonight!

Thumper
09-06-2015, 05:56 PM
Man, I can't wait! It should be a goodern on the track that's "too tough to tame"!

Dang, I'm a diehard Junior fan, but just don't think he has what it takes for Darlington. I think it may be a Kyle/Kevin show if they don't get taken out. But, at Darlington, it's anybody's game! I'm pumped. I can remember going there as a young kid and after the race, I made it a personal goal to find a car with clean paint on the right side. I don't think I ever met that goal! ;)

If ya' don't come in with a stripe, ya' ain't racin'!

A tribute to the "Lady in Black" and the "Man in Black"! :encouragement:

https://thefinallap.files.wordpress.com/2014/04/nascar_darlington_041114_adillon.jpg?w=566&h=372&crop=1

Captain
09-06-2015, 07:32 PM
How's that for timing. Home from 4 hard days of fishing to hear "drivers start your engines" as I walk in the door! :D
My life is good.

Captain
09-06-2015, 08:53 PM
Man they are getting their share of Darlington Strips ain't they!!!

Thumper
09-06-2015, 09:17 PM
Darn straight they are. I remember back in the day, if you brought your car in without a stripe, the crew chief would chew your ass 'cause it was obvious you weren't trying hard enough. :)

Thumper
09-07-2015, 01:23 PM
Well dang, looks like my picks at least finished in the top 10 (5th & 7th).

I watched most of the race, then a commercial came on. I closed my eyes a "few seconds" and when I opened them, there was STILL a commercial on. Then some show came on I didn't recognize. I looked at the clock and it was almost 1:00 am! Damn! I missed the last part of the race and never even knew I'd fallen asleep! Had to look up the results to see who won. :(

Ha! Toyota, Ford, Toyota, Ford, Chevy, Chevy, Toyota! :D