PDA

View Full Version : Hey, Thump, did I miss something???.....

Big Muddy
09-14-2015, 10:42 AM
What did you decide to do about your heart filter???....you posted about what Lynn wanted you to do....just wondering if you had any update....tough decision for ya'll....good luck with that.

LJ3
09-14-2015, 11:30 AM
We haven't heard back from him yet, I don't think. I'm guessing he's gonna do what Lynn tells him to do, I would!

He may still be crying in the back of that Ford.

Thumper
09-14-2015, 02:44 PM
Well, it appears they're all bad for ya' and there are about a bazillion lawsuits around the country. The ambulance-chaser attorneys are working overtime scrambling for people to join their class-action lawsuits. Problem is, ya' got's to die first so the family can sue! I'm kinda stuck with it I guess. I had a consult with the vascular surgeon and he said the problem with having it in so long is that it actually grows into the wall of the vein, in other words, the tissue grows around it and it becomes part of the vein itself. They said 5 years is the absolute maximum for removal and even then it's super risky and not worth the gamble. Guess what, mine's been in there 6 yrs! Story of my life. :(

It's basically one of those "the risk is higher than the reward" type deals. So, I guess I'm a walking time-bomb and may "go off" at any second ... OR (best case scenario), I'm a dud and will never have a problem. I'm sure you buttheads will agree with the dud part, but in this case, I suppose being a dud is a good thing.

I don't know what to think about all of this. I wish I'd simply never heard about it in the first place.

Buckrub
09-14-2015, 02:54 PM
Nowhere near the same, but there's been a lot of somewhat similar concerns about the two Stents in my heart.

Let's both keep breathing as long as we can.......ok?

Thumper
09-14-2015, 03:07 PM
Yeppers Buckster ... what alternative is there? Actually, I was a bit relieved at first ... the article I posted the other day was for the Bard IVC filter. After the consult, I found out I have a Cook Celect IVC. Cool! I dodged a bullet ... that is UNTIL I researched the Cook .. heck, it's falling apart also! Same persact problem as the Bard! I should'a known my luck wasn't THAT good. :(

When I Googled the Cook filter, this is the first thing that popped up. I'm not crazy about these odds!

Study Links Cook Celect IVC Filter to 43% Perforation Rate

https://www.schmidtlaw.com/study-links-cook-celect-ivc-filter-to-43-perforation-rate/

Herb2
09-14-2015, 03:19 PM
Thump and Bucky,

Please do me a favor and don't die.

I have PRECISELY the correct number of friends, so if I lose any more I'd have to go out and make new, and as I get older and older, that doesn't sound like fun.

Thanks for your help.

Buckrub
09-14-2015, 03:54 PM
My pleasure. I just lost a 55 year friend. I'm down to three........actually 2 1/2.

Thumper
09-14-2015, 04:02 PM
I have PRECISELY the correct number of friends

A casket only has 6 handles, so that's all the friends you need. Well, if you're a big ol' boy, there's also a handle on each end, so you may want to have a couple more friends on the sidelines, just in case. ;)

LJ3
09-14-2015, 04:10 PM
I have a pallet jack, we're good!

Thumper
09-14-2015, 04:31 PM
I have a pallet jack, we're good!

You need to bite somebody ... take your pick! ;)

Buckrub
09-14-2015, 08:39 PM
I'll need 8 friends.

I have two.

Herb2
09-14-2015, 08:42 PM
Bucky,

You have more than that it Tulsa County OK.

Buckrub
09-14-2015, 09:28 PM
Thanks, man.