PDA

View Full Version : Cap, you might be getting famous!!!....

Big Muddy
09-18-2015, 01:55 PM
At our Masonic Lodge meeting, last night, we got a letter from Grand Lodge about them, putting together a men's cookbook, as a fundraiser project....each Lodge throughout the state is to select a special recipe from it's members, to be included in the cookbook.

After the letter was read, everyone hollered out, "EDDIE'S PIG DIP"!!!....I had already told the guy's months ago that I got the recipe from a fellow brother Mason from South Carolina.

However, I've taken the Pig Dip and chips to so many of our eating functions, that everyone associates me with being the recipe inventor, which I am most certainly NOT.

Would you be so kind, as to allow me to enter your Pig Dip recipe in this upcoming Masonic cookbook???

Captain
09-18-2015, 02:06 PM
But of course Brother. And you are more than welcome to leave it "Eddies Pig Dip" since they all associate it to you. Or call it Deep South Pig dip or anything else you want to name it. That's an honor to be considered.
Take Care, Captain

Captain
09-18-2015, 02:10 PM
And send me the information (address) when the book is published and I'll send a donation regardless if the pig dip makes the cut or not! :D

Big Muddy
09-18-2015, 02:13 PM
You got it, Bro.....and I like the "Deep South Pig Dip" idea.

Thumper
09-18-2015, 02:30 PM
You guys need to get a room! ;)

johnboy
09-18-2015, 02:32 PM
How's about posting the recipe here? Heard about this stuff for years but never actually seen what's in it.

Thumper
09-18-2015, 02:40 PM
How's about posting the recipe here? Heard about this stuff for years but never actually seen what's in it.

Sorry Johnboy ... you waited too long and will have to buy the book now. :D

Captain
09-18-2015, 03:01 PM
Captain's Pig Dip Fry up one pound of sausage (hot or mild) drain off grease. Put one block of cream cheese in the microwave along with one can of Rotel 5635 and nuke for about a minute. Take out and stir and add the sausage. Back into the microwave for another minute (or longer) and mix it all together and serve.

Buckrub
09-18-2015, 03:07 PM
Captain wrote a recipe.

I'm going to go die now.

Bye.

Thumper
09-18-2015, 03:09 PM
That's the same recipe written on the back of the Rotel can! ;)

Captain
09-18-2015, 03:10 PM
Captain wrote a recipe. I'm going to go die now. Bye.

It's the drugs.
I've posted it before.
I can cook this and Rice Krispies marshmallow treats and work a Keruig.
So I'm good for the zombie apocalypse

Buckrub
09-18-2015, 03:11 PM
That sounds awesome!

Here's one you'd like I bet..............

Casserole dish..........bottom layer corn chips........add layer of homemade chili..........layer of cream cheese.........layer of shredded cheese..........keep going in that order till dish is 'full'............nuke it at your discretion. Eat with chips, like dip.

Buckrub
09-18-2015, 03:11 PM
It's the drugs.
I've posted it before.
I can cook this and Rice Krispies marshmallow treats and work a Keruig.
So I'm good for the zombie apocalypse

I'm impressed. I can't even cook Rice Krispie treats.

Captain
09-18-2015, 03:13 PM
That sounds awesome! Here's one you'd like I bet.............. Casserole dish..........bottom layer corn chips........add layer of homemade chili..........layer of cream cheese.........layer of shredded cheese..........keep going in that order till dish is 'full'............nuke it at your discretion. Eat with chips, like dip.

You were in my wheelhouse until "homemade chili". I'm out. That sounds hard.
Needs to be out of a can of jar.

Thumper
09-18-2015, 03:15 PM
Yep, Hormel works just fine. ;)

Buckrub
09-18-2015, 03:15 PM
It's terrifying, trust me.

johnboy
09-19-2015, 10:44 AM
Does sound tasty. Gonna give it a try. Thanks.