PDA

View Full Version : Going crazy

Captain
09-18-2015, 07:57 PM
Sitting in the house is for the birds. I'm going bananas...
Got home and tried to rest but could not take a nap, I guess that knock out mess got me all jack up like Mt. Dew...
Posted my Captain's Pig Dip recipe now that I'm a published world famous cook...
Try to take a nap again to no avail. When out to the shop to see if I could do anything out there. Found out real quick I was still woozie...
Watched a western,
Got up and went outside and water plants and Mrs. Captain pulled weeds. The only place they can grow is in flower beds where we have been watering.
Going to The hunt club in the morning for a meeting, and got to move cows at the SC farm so the man spreading chicken shit can spread the pastures.
Hope I'm up to it. David is on Night shift so I'm on my own... :-(
Wish me luck.

Thumper
09-18-2015, 08:13 PM
Hey numbnutz! Take it easy for a couple'a days dufus. Pull a stitch and you could end up like my dad. That chicken shit spreader-outer can wait. Dang you're stubborn. The lack of sleep will catch up to you sooner or later. Get some!

Captain
09-18-2015, 08:20 PM
All I got to do is get there. Take the Gator and move the cows. They will follow me no problem. Hardest thing I got to do is open a gate. Should be a non-issue. The spreaderman does all the loading and spreading. I'll probably go in the house and kick back while he does the spreading, as long as the doves do t call me out to the field. :D

Thumper
09-18-2015, 08:33 PM
Hard-headed dang Tarheel! What did your doctor tell you to do? (or better yet, NOT to do?)

Actually, I think they want you to get up and moving around after a hernia repair these days ... AS LONG AS IT DOES NOT HURT! If you have pain, PAY ATTENTION and check it out.

Captain
09-18-2015, 08:40 PM
Oh, I got pain, like a knife in my lower belly and when I get up out of a chair or cough someone twist that knife. Not taken Anything for pain yet. I MIGHT take something when I go to bed. Going to try to sleep with out it if possible.

Buckrub
09-18-2015, 09:13 PM
Man. Stubbornness might cause you some issues! You need a month to heal! I promise you one thing, neither hunger nor boredom is fatal.

Ok, maybe hunger........ :)

TRY to chill.............and heal.

Captain
09-18-2015, 09:57 PM
It ain't stubbornness, it's doing all I can do that my body will let me. I cannot "sit around". My body will tell me what I can and cannot do. And the main thing for me is to NOT sit around and get lazy. I have all plans to be back in the Gym Monday morning. I will not lift, but I will be on the treadmill at 5 AM Monday. Unless something happens.

LJ3
09-19-2015, 09:46 AM
So... did you get the hernia from being constipated?

Are you able to sit still when you hunt?

Have you considered xanax as par of your every day life?

Just razzin ya dude. I hope you get healed up before you pop that bad boy again!

quercus alba
09-19-2015, 11:38 AM
Sitting around watching Netflix or reading a good book is no problemo for me. The idea of getting on a treadmill makes me nauseous even on a cool day.

Big Muddy
09-19-2015, 12:37 PM
Sitting around watching Netflix or reading a good book is no problemo for me. The idea of getting on a treadmill makes me nauseous even on a cool day.

Day'um, QA, I got worn out just reading your post ;)....it's naptime, then football all afternoon for me.

Auburn/LSU----Ark./TTech----MS State/Nwest St----OleSiss/Bama

quercus alba
09-19-2015, 04:55 PM
I'm not sure what the question was but Jeremy Johnson is not the answer at qb for Auburn. Worst qb in the SEC maybe the country

At least until they play Arkansas then he'll look like a young Peyton manning

Big Muddy
09-19-2015, 05:20 PM
Yep, Johnson is sucking hind titty, today....N. Illinois is giving Urby's boys all they want...tied at 10 at h/time....Urby dang near lost this one.

Big Muddy
09-19-2015, 05:59 PM
It's gotten plum embarrassing, now....Johnson needs to find a spot on the bench.

Auburn will drop outta the top 25, after this game.

quercus alba
09-19-2015, 09:40 PM
Arkansas coaches are absolutely scared to death to take even mildest risk on either offense or defense. I'll bet the bus is baby proofed.

Buckrub
09-19-2015, 10:25 PM
Train wreck!

Again.

No-till Boss
09-19-2015, 10:35 PM
BAD hire from day one, won't get any better either.....

quercus alba
09-19-2015, 10:44 PM
Silver lining, my Saturdays freed up for the rest of the year

Thumper
09-20-2015, 07:45 AM
Leave it to the Good Hunting crowd ... from Cappy's "hysterectomy" ;) ... to football in the blink of an eye!

Captain
09-20-2015, 08:18 AM
Feels more like a C-section this morning. :-(
PAINFUL !

Thumper
09-20-2015, 09:42 AM
With the bazillions of times I've been cut on ... it seems the second day was always the worst. Surgery on Friday ... Saturday ... ehhhh, ok ... Sunday ... OUCH!!! Not sure why it works that way. 'Course, not resting YESTERDAY may be biting you in the ass, but I've never been one to say, "I told you so!" ;)

Seriously, I hope it eases up a bit. Take it easy today and watch Chicagoland.

Buckrub
09-20-2015, 10:15 AM
QA and NTB, the deer kill in Arkansas this fall will increase at least 5%............

Cappy, hang in there. Chad said the first week was awful............but if you do too much, it's worse. Just take the pain pills and relax, if you can.

Trav
09-20-2015, 10:01 PM
Cappy I know what you mean about being bored, I have been stuck in this bed for 2 weeks and I don't think I am getting out of it any time soon.

Captain
09-20-2015, 10:13 PM
Well I for damn sure over did it yesterday. I've done nothing today but watch the race and football.... Don't know when I'll be able to get out again.... :-(
But I have a new respect for "soreness" just damn!

Buckrub
09-21-2015, 08:50 AM
Man. I KNOW how bad an active guy like you must hate this. But I also know that if it wasn't bothering you a LOT that you'd never have had it done. So try (hard, I know) to look on the bright side and realize that in a little while you'll be rid of that issue and be good as new.

Praying for you, and Trav.......... y'all get better. Be glad they didn't operate on something important, like a brain, or heart, or your Johnson, or your hair..........

Ok, wait.....

Chicken Dinner
09-21-2015, 09:12 AM
With the bazillions of times I've been cut on ... it seems the second day was always the worst. Surgery on Friday ... Saturday ... ehhhh, ok ... Sunday ... OUCH!!! Not sure why it works that way. 'Course, not resting YESTERDAY may be biting you in the ass, but I've never been one to say, "I told you so!" ;)

Seriously, I hope it eases up a bit. Take it easy today and watch Chicagoland.

I had an Anesthesiologist explain this to me one time. Basically, they all have their favorite "cocktails" they use when they put people under general anesthesia. Typically, the mix includes some king rat pain killers that last about 24 hours along with the stuff that knocks you out. That stuff has warn off by day 2 and pain increases accordingly.

At any rate, listen to the damn Doc and take it easy for a couple of days.

Thumper
09-21-2015, 09:27 AM
Interesting. That's always how it was after surgery for me.

But it also works that way with me with no surgery or pain killers involved also. I remember back when I raced motorcycles, we'd always race on Sunday. I'd be pretty sore when I'd go to work on Monday, but it was no big deal. On Tuesday, I'd be so sore I could barely function. And THAT was when I was in good shape! If I goofed off during the off-season and didn't stay in shape, I'd be in REALLY sad shape on Tuesdays once race season kicked in!

Nandy
09-21-2015, 07:49 PM
Larke, stay in bed and dont be stubborn. BTW, if someone calls telling you they are hearing a 7mm rm barking at the SC farm dont mind them, is just their imagination... :rockets