PDA

View Full Version : the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for...

Buckrub
09-21-2015, 10:50 AM
....grievances.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/cancer-stricken-children-parents-ejected-from-park-near-white-house/ar-AAey59A?li=AAa0dzB

Herb2
09-21-2015, 02:56 PM
I have two very disparate comments about this.

I. While I don't care for the current President all that much, I find it hard to believe that he is so politically blind and deaf to allow this. Even the most callous, unfeeling politicians on Earth know you don't harm (however that may be defined) sick kids or pregnant women. Maybe none of the sick children "could have been Obama's son" I certainly hope that he, and all of his dirty and corrupt party, pays a severe price at the polls whether for President, Congress, State office or dogcatcher.

II. On an entire different note has any one ever noticed how the original Constitution was an agreement on how to govern between the States and the Federal government but IMMEDIATELY with the Bill of Rights, the "parties" change so that THEY appear to be agreements between the Federal Government and the People? This can cause major controversies (2nd Amendment; Electoral College) that could have been avoided by making both of the "parts" agree with each other as to who is agreeing to what.

LJ3
09-21-2015, 04:25 PM
Well, as messed up and disappointing as that is for the sick kids there to protest, I can say from experience that sudden changes in security around the White House is very common. It's a very fluid thing that can change in a second. I've seen it happen more than a few times. It just so happened that this change affected some sick kids trying to have their voices heard which makes it seem tragic. It's really just business as usual down there. Security decisions aren't based on which group's turn it is to protest.

Lordy... it is HARD to type out an opinion that support our messed up gubmint!

Buckrub
09-21-2015, 05:18 PM
Oh. I misread it. Now I see.............

..... the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for grievances, except where the current administration and their minions think that it would be a security concern..........

Thumper
09-21-2015, 05:42 PM
I have to lean in the same direction as Ticboy. I'm sure there's more than meets the eye. Security situations can change by the minute and I have a feeling that's what this was. It could just have well been the weather ... who ya' gonna blame if it storms? God? I sincerely doubt the Secret Service was just sitting around b/s'ing and someone said, "Hey, let's go fuck with those kids!"

“Closures of Pennsylvania Avenue and Lafayette Park on Saturday, September 19, 2015, were performed in accordance with security protocols for protectee movements in the vicinity of the White House,”

Closures of Lafayette Square have occurred periodically since the attacks of Sept. 11, 2001, and during security incidents at the White House.

Brian Leary, a spokesman for the Secret Service, said the closures on Pennsylvania Avenue and Lafayette Square were “put into place based on standard [Secret Service] protocols prior to protectee movements in the vicinity of the White House Complex.”

My guess is, if you want to hold a prolonged event, Lafayette Park may not be the best place to plan it. Was it a sucky situation? Yes. Is Obama an a-hole? Yes. Is this his or the Sec. Serv. fault? No, not IMO.

Buckrub
09-21-2015, 05:44 PM
Did anyone read the article????????

Thumper
09-21-2015, 05:46 PM
Yes. I quoted parts of it.

Buckrub
09-21-2015, 05:50 PM
Then we didn't draw the same conclusions from the article. SS admitted error, and apologized, and they had days to let these people know about what they would do.

I don't agree with y'all's assessment of this. The Constitution was trampled in this case, and that's my worthless opinion.

Thumper
09-21-2015, 06:32 PM
You're entitled to your opinion ... but I disagree with some of your assessment. They didn't "admit error" ... they simply fell all over themselves apologizing for the inconvenience and wished they'd communicated better. No matter what is posted here about the incident ... the general consensus will be about as unbiased as FOX's so-called "No Spin Zone". Ha! ;)

Like Ticboy ... I'll jump at any LEGITIMATE chance to trash this POS President we have right now ... but this deal is whatever you want to make of it.