PDA

View Full Version : Cell Phone Question

BarryBobPosthole
09-23-2015, 12:20 PM
When you're out of country, do you get charged for roaming even if you arent using your phone? I made ONE voice call and posted ONE picture from Canada while I was there and have a bill for a hunnerd bucks for it. And the call was like three minutes long.

BKB

Captain
09-23-2015, 12:23 PM
Prolly whet through Hillary's server... :D

BarryBobPosthole
09-23-2015, 12:32 PM
No. No it didn't. She'd have a record of it if it did.

BKB

Captain
09-23-2015, 12:51 PM
No. No it didn't. She'd have a record of it if it did. BKB Maybe and maybe not.... The only thing I know for sure is its a non issue to Yogi....

BarryBobPosthole
09-23-2015, 01:06 PM
And likely to Boo Boo as well.

BKB

Big Muddy
09-23-2015, 01:07 PM
When my German friends travel back to their homeland, they purchase some sorta cellphone international cellphone pkg. from their local provider for $10 bucks....unlimited texts worldwide for the duration of their trip.

Chicken Dinner
09-23-2015, 01:15 PM
I usually add an international plan. Prorated for a few days it's not very expensive.

johnboy
09-23-2015, 02:06 PM
Whenever I cross the border into the States I buy a 'roaming plan' before I go otherwise you will get nailed big time for roaming charges.

BarryBobPosthole
09-23-2015, 04:43 PM
So you get charged regardless of whether you used it or not?

bKB

Buckrub
09-23-2015, 05:03 PM
I made ONE voice call and posted ONE picture from Canada while I was there

You apparently used it.

I incurred no charges when I was on Saskatel (even though I was a few miles into Montana). I didn't use it at all.

johnboy
09-23-2015, 05:12 PM
http://www.crtc.gc.ca/eng/info_sht/t17.htm

This should answer your questions. I believe you actually have to use your phone in some fashion but if it downloads updates automatically, for example, you could see a big bill if you don't have roaming coverage.

BarryBobPosthole
09-23-2015, 05:30 PM
My phone was turned off and in my bag the entire trip. The first day up there I posted a pic on Facebook and made a three minute call to Julie to let her know we made it okay. And made another one the day I left. All because I usually don't call at all from the time I leave the states until I cross the border coming home and she gives me shit because 'all the other wives get calls'. And that cost me 75 bucks. Fuck 'em. Goddamned phone companies suck.

I going back to not calling. I don't care if all the other wives get called or not.

That's two cases of Candian beer!
BKB

johnboy
09-23-2015, 05:32 PM
Get one of the other wives to call yours. There, just saved you $75!

Hombre
09-23-2015, 05:33 PM
You could B charged for data if you didn't turn it off since that runs background. Not voice.

Buckrub
09-23-2015, 05:37 PM
Yeah they suck. I'd cancel my pension check if'n I was you.

Ok, wait.

Never mind.

BarryBobPosthole
09-23-2015, 05:38 PM
Yep, my phone was turned off. There's some data usage on there that are for days it was definitly urned off so something ain't right. I'll call 'em.

And I guess I'm not the only one that's a bad communicator. Hombre made me think of it. His FIL goes on this trip with us. One Janiary we were leaving for the White River to go trout fishing and he called Kathy from Arkansas to let her know he was going fishing! That was a three day trip.

BKB

Buckrub
09-23-2015, 05:41 PM
My wife, and my kids, know to call my cell phone when I'm hunting or fishing under the following conditions:

1) The fire truck is leaving and the insurance guy has made his rounds and left a number to call.

2) The funeral is over.

3) The bank stopped calling and sent someone out to the house.

4) Her libido has blown the top of her head off and she is on the way to meet me "someplace".

5) We won the Lottery. This one is last, because we don't play.

That's it. The phone better not ring for any other reason.

Nandy
09-24-2015, 06:01 PM
Barry, call your provider, play stupid, get the to drop the charges....

Captain
09-24-2015, 06:13 PM
Barry, call your provider, play stupid, get the to drop the charges....

PLAY?????
He goes to another country and uses his cell phone without checking what the charges might be after a lifelong career in the PHONE business and you say "play stupid" Hahaahahahahhaha that's rich!

Buckrub
09-24-2015, 06:33 PM
It was apparently a bad billing month over at Verizon.........

http://www.msn.com/en-us/money/companies/verizon-wireless-charges-couple-dollar2m-for-a-month-of-service/ar-AAeJqPY