PDA

View Full Version : I'm glad I don't own a wrist clock!

Buckrub
09-24-2015, 08:47 AM
http://www.foxnews.com/tech/2015/09/21/bad-timing-experts-skeptical-cool-clock-that-led-to-texas-boys-arrest/?intcmp=hpbt3

I don't want to get invited to the White House for making a bomb replica and claiming it's a neat clock!! I mean, the audacity of a teacher stopping a kid for having such a neat invention!

Course, I'm totally prejudiced and irrational, so I can say anything I want. :)

Arty
09-24-2015, 09:07 AM
If the teacher(s) REALLY thought it was a bomb, why would they have sent him, ALONG WITH THE CLOCK, to the school office to wait on the police, or bomb squad, or whoever it was they called ??

Wouldn't they have evacuated the building, put everything on lock down, and gotten everyone (especially the kid that could have the trigger for said "bomb") as far away from it as possible???

Buckrub
09-24-2015, 09:09 AM
Maybe. Maybe not. Maybe they had some discretion, or some idea. The point is, this is not some genius kid who made a clock from pig guts and wheat straw. Not in my opinion anyway. As one here says, there's always another side to an obvious story.

Thumper
09-24-2015, 10:28 AM
When I was in my mid-20's, I worked with a guy who was a big practical joker. I swore I'd "get him good" some day. On his birthday, I made a fake bomb and slipped it into his desk drawer before he got to work. It was super cool (and authentic) looking. I used three road flares, a (dead) 6-volt lantern battery and a Baby Ben alarm clock, then mounted everything solidly to a board (approx. 1"X10"X12"). I drilled two small holes in the case of the clock and ran a wire into each hole. The wires were coiled and one led to one battery post, then one from the other battery post was inserted into the end (drilled another small hole) of one flare. The other wire from the clock went directly to the other end of the flare and the flares were wired together. I'm telling you, that thing looked REAL and "professionally" made! When he got to work, I acted really pissed off, told I was sick and tired of his his sick jokes and I was finally going to "get even" with him ... then told him to expect to "stumble" upon his "birthday" present sometime during the day. It couldn't have turned out any cooler as there happened to be a bit of a crowd close by when he opened his desk drawer! Needless to say, it scared the bejeebers out'ta him and if he didn't actually crap his pants, he came mighty close. These days, I'd end up in jail if I got caught with that thing! :hair

LJ3
09-24-2015, 11:41 AM
I'm identifying as a swiss clock maker today. The level of feigned outrage I feel is immeasurable!

quercus alba
09-24-2015, 12:16 PM
I'm identifying as an unemployed timex employee outraged at swiss clock makers for discriminating against the poor. My outrage has no bounds

Thumper
09-24-2015, 03:10 PM
I'm identifying as an ex-sundial manufacturer who was forced out of business by youse dufes' modern technology. Thanks for nuttin'! :angry1

Nandy
09-24-2015, 05:44 PM
Im identifying myself as a guy that virtually) surrounds himself with crazy duffes!!!!