Restrictions Apply
Priority Mail Insurance info icon

Date & Time

Status of Item

September 20, 2015 , 11:00 am

Shipping Label Created

ANDERSON, IN 46012

__________________________________________________ __________

Two day priority mail, sent Sept 20. Today is September 24 and mailman just left. No package.

USPS website has the above information as the LATEST tracking info. Not one word past this after it left the original location. This is what it still says today.

Glad Thump loves 'em!

Buckrub
09-24-2015, 12:49 PM
P.S., Jimbo, don't bother telling me yet again how wonderful they treat YOU! YOU apparently don't have B.O. or something. I get it that YOU love them and YOU have no issues.

But this is real.......and it is terrible service and nonexistent tracking.

Big Muddy
09-24-2015, 12:55 PM
Heck, that's an easy one....don't be so cheap....Thump just bribes the mail man with raw squid and sushi.

Buckrub
09-24-2015, 01:00 PM
Mine would need ribs and watermelon.

Lord forgive me, and bless the pygmies in New Guinea.

LJ3
09-24-2015, 01:53 PM
Lord, I apologize

Thumper
09-24-2015, 02:23 PM
First off, have you called the sender? All that shows is that they printed a label (on SUNDAY) ... but it does not show the package ever being actually shipped. If they ship it from their house/business, the carrier validates it when picked up (acceptance). If they take it to the Post Office directly, the PO validates it at the counter.

Example: Here's an item I just shipped on Monday and it was delivered in New York yesterday.

Delivered, In/At Mailbox
Sep-23-15, 15:05 PM, AMSTERDAM, NY 12010

Out for Delivery
Sep-23-15, 07:53 AM, AMSTERDAM, NY 12010

Sorting Complete
Sep-23-15, 07:43 AM, AMSTERDAM, NY 12010

Arrived at Post Office
Sep-23-15, 05:20 AM, AMSTERDAM, NY 12010

Arrived at USPS Destination Facility
Sep-23-15, 02:35 AM, ALBANY, NY 12288

Departed USPS Origin Facility
Sep-21-15, 23:31 PM, TAMPA, FL 33605

Arrived at USPS Origin Facility
Sep-21-15, 21:33 PM, TAMPA, FL 33605

Departed Post Office
Sep-21-15, 16:34 PM, LAKELAND, FL 33805

Acceptance
Sep-21-15, 10:00 AM, LAKELAND, FL 33805

Have you ever considered that maybe they just don't like you because your feet stink? ;)

I just checked my seller dashboard and here are my sales/shipments for the past 30 months. I've lost ONE package (it was insured and paid for promptly). One package (envelope actually) got caught in a piece of sorting equipment and destroyed (I got reimbursed) and one package was lost somewhere in France (or Spain maybe?) after USPS turned it over to a foreign carrier. Not a bad track record considering how much I ship.

(Through August 2015)

Total sales amount: $41,205.06
Total transactions: 1478

Buckrub
09-24-2015, 02:26 PM
hahaha.

As I said, don't bother telling me how well YOU do. It's like you think I don't believe you. I BELIEVE YOU MAN!! I DO!!!

Just simply telling you that every time I get told "This package will arrive Thursday", which is what this one says, I can't find the package (yet) and I can't find one single item of worthwhile tracking information. UPS? I know every step of the way. USPS is not worthless. But they can't track a bear in the snow, not for me.

If you don't believe this is happening to me, fine...........but it is. And I understand it's NOT your experience.

quercus alba
09-24-2015, 02:35 PM
My tracking message was " package cannot be left unattended. Contact UPS at such and such a number."

My wife was home all day and the car was in the driveway. ????

Thumper
09-24-2015, 03:15 PM
We're mixing UPS with USPS here. ;)

I do very little with UPS. I do ship FedEx from time to time ... usually very heavy/bulky items.

Nandy
09-24-2015, 05:38 PM
I learned than that little scanner the usps has that they scan your package while at your porch has a gps enabled in it. So if they miss placed the package they can go and see the coordinates and know if they screw up or not... Never thought about that...

Buckrub
09-25-2015, 12:31 PM
Big laugh here.

Package was delivered (3 days late), which I knew it would be sooner or later. Actual delivery issues are not my contention with USPS, though out here in the hinterlands it's often slower than big cities. That is not a problem.

But.........

The tracking data STILL says the same thing it said day one, as stated above!!!! On day two, UPS would have contacted someone and said "WHERE IS THIS PACKAGE?" and put something on the tracking info. USPS? They have no clue. This is what I have wrong with them, and is the SOLE complaint I've had since day one. When UPS delivers a package, the tracking info says "Delivered. On Front Porch" within 30 seconds!

If it's different in some big city, fine. I'm glad others have great service. I don't.

I hear many folks in NE Arkansas complain about UPS and say they love Fed Ex. Fed Ex here is awful, and uses contractors who are clueless, lost, and usually late. UPS is never late, always up to date on tracking info (to the MINUTE), and cordial and professional. Clearly it's the other way around elsewhere.

Just a fun thing to discuss. Nothing's gonna change...........in Lakeland, FL OR Conway, AR!

:)

Thumper
09-25-2015, 04:08 PM
Did the thought ever cross your mind that you're simply an old curmudgeon? :D

LJ3
09-25-2015, 05:45 PM
Thump must live in a some USPS sweet spot My experience has been much closer to bucky's. Their tracking has been worthless to me.

Thumper
09-28-2015, 11:41 AM
Ha ha ha! For the record, you're right (did I really admit that?) ... the USPS tracking sucks big weenies. I have no complaints about their shipping shipping in general ... but their tracking is totally inconsistent. I can mail two packages the same day ... one will have minute by minute tracking info posted and the other may not have squat listed until the package gets delivered .... IF then even!

But it's my job to disagree and wreak havoc ... so youse dufes are still nuttin' but a bunch'a whiney-ass curmudgeons. ;)

Buckrub
09-29-2015, 07:01 PM
Hahaha.

I'm right! Yep! Why? Cause its a fact.

Thumper
09-29-2015, 07:17 PM
Damn! Where'd you come from? You're not supposed to be here. I take it all back ... I didn't mean ANY of it! ;)

Buckrub
09-29-2015, 08:52 PM
I'm not here.

Honestly, I'm nowhere.

Thumper
09-30-2015, 08:45 AM
I had a crazy weekend and shipped NINE packages Monday. ALL nine had play-by-play tracking info posted that evening and it's been updated regularly. Go figure! They must have read that I was agreeing with you here and decided to buckle-down! That's my main complaint ... inconsistency. I have no real problem with Priority Mail ... they seem to be good about tracking those, but 1st Class Mail is all over the map as far as consistent tracking goes. (I have tracking on 100% of what I ship) I even talked to a manager at my local PO and was told, "Yeah, we realize there's a problem and we're working on it!" Ha! Yeah right.

As for delivery times, I have no real problem and most everything gets delivered within their advertised shipping time. As for loss or breakage ... GLASS is a BITCH to ship. I need a refrigerator box filled with bubble-wrap AND popcorn to ship a shot-glass ... even then, I hold my breath until it's delivered!