PDA

View Full Version : Gimme my chicken wangs, biatch!!!!.....

Big Muddy
09-24-2015, 01:02 PM
Hey, Thump, this happened down your way....give dat fat gal some of yo wangs, man!!! ;)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tRZ8MpnBbQU

Thumper
09-24-2015, 03:06 PM
Ha ha! Yeah, that's pretty close (Tampa area)! Publix is a GREAT grocery chain and was started right here in town back in 1935 (their headquarters is here) and was started by a guy named George Jenkins (which is actually our own Lenster's name). I know most of the family (both sides) and have done work for many of them through the years. Most of that time they were in Florida only, so most non-Florida residents have never heard of them. Just recently, they decided to expand into Georgia and in the past few years (since 2011 I think), they've opened a handful of stores in North/South Carolina, Tennessee and Alabama. As limited an area as they cover, they still win nationwide awards for their outstanding customer service. "Mr. George" was always the first in town to try new innovations. When I was a kid, everyone would do their grocery shopping during heat waves as his were the first stores to have air-conditioning. I remember when automatic doors were a brand new thing and he had the first ones (controlled by an "electric eye")!! He was one of the first to install scanners, bakeries in the store, fresh flowers, etc etc etc ... that sort of thing. They fill prescriptions for many drugs like B/P meds (I get mine there), diabetes drugs and antibiotics, etc. for free! Their bag boys have NEVER been allowed to accept tips ... they're paid higher than average and I've heard they can actually be fired for accepting tips. If you ask an associate where an item is located, they drop whatever they are doing, walk you to the item, pick it off the shelf and put it in your hand (WITHOUT FAIL). None of this, "Oh, check on isle three ... or maybe four".

They are our biggest employer in town and the company is actually owned by the employees (past and present) as part of their pay plan is company stock. (largest private company in Florida) If an employee leaves the store and wants to sell his/her stock, they are not allowed to sell to an "outsider", it must be offered to be bought back by the company at the existing stock price (not discounted).

It's a fantastic company and is always on Fortune magazine's list of 100 Best Companies to Work For. I could go on and on, but you get the idea. I'd have to say this scuffle will be a major embarrassment and some heads will most likely roll over this!