PDA

View Full Version : Damn! Where did I go wrong?

Thumper
09-24-2015, 03:39 PM
My uncle is in town (here from Orlando) visiting my mom and I spent the day with him. He said he just ran into one of my old buddies whom I grew up with. When this guy finished H/S, he went to a small community college in town. We moved away and I eventually lost contact with him (haven't seen him since the late 60's). When he finished school, he went to work for the Martin Marietta Corporation (electronics and guided missile plant) in Orlando. (About 20 years ago, they merged with Lockheed to become Lockheed Martin)

Anyway, my uncle told me he was driving a brand new Lamborghini and said it was a retirement gift to himself ... a frigging $265,000 car! (He just retired a few months ago). He said his last project was developing drones for the military. It seems he received a nice little severance package when he retired. Other than all his retirement benefits and investments, etc. ... his severance package includes $1,000,000/year for three years!

Just DAMN! :(

Big Muddy
09-24-2015, 04:39 PM
Just think about it Thump....if you had all that money, you wouldn't even speak to our sorry azzes, anymore....so, look at all the companionship you're getting for free, here at GH ;)

For example:

Captain
09-24-2015, 04:44 PM
That's worth MILLIONS right there Muddy....

Buckrub
09-24-2015, 04:47 PM
You do drones, man. Sometimes you drone on, and on, and on, and on, and on............. :toothy