PDA

View Full Version : John Boehner

No-till Boss
09-25-2015, 10:38 AM
Is stepping down at the end of October. I guess the Pope really got to him.....

Buckrub
09-25-2015, 11:25 AM
That........and why wouldn't he? He represents the Liberal arm of the GOP, and the natives are wanting to stew a missionary, not compromise. He's being hammered for giving in too often and being too weak and unprincipled. He's a devout Catholic and I suspect the Pope's visit was important to him, and he wants to go out high as he can, not low.

LJ3
09-25-2015, 12:02 PM
....and he wants to go out high as he can, not low...

Pretty sure that train left the station last year :) God forbid a politician actually DO something about trying to find compromises and working with opposing politicians.

Buckrub
09-25-2015, 12:25 PM
Those days are long gone, LJ. Neither side will ever compromise a single thing, ever again. That's WHY the masses are so high on folks who claim they'll do some radical new thing regardless.........because they know that is the ONLY way to get anything done......it's Win....or Lose.........but it's never again Compromise. I've said this day was coming for many years. Here it is.

"Getting something done" is no longer the criteria for success. Finding the right agenda, and crushing anyone who stands in the way, is the only way to move along now.

Many find that sad. Many are excited. Most don't care.

But that's the way it is, September 25, 2015 (apologies, Walter).

LJ3
09-25-2015, 01:19 PM
I'm not sure I care any longer. I do, but at the same time I don't. Depends on what's being discussed, I spose.

Hey, aren't you sposed to be diskingue?

quercus alba
09-26-2015, 11:46 PM
just you prove I don't lie about my political apathy, Who is John Boehner? I have no earthly idea

LJ3
09-27-2015, 08:23 AM
You're way ahead of the game, QA. I need to do more of whatever it is you're doing.

He's the Speaker of the House. Or will be till end of October. Then he's going to work on making himself more orange and crying more openly.

BarryBobPosthole
09-27-2015, 09:30 AM
Boehner is a good man, bit politically he's as guilty as the rest as far as unwillingness to compromise. He didn't lead doodley squat.

Let the Tea Partiers have the House. Then we'll see what screwball ideas they come up with. They're agenda is all about imposing their beliefs on others all the while claiming someone is trampling on their precious religious freedom.

The GOP is imploding from lack of real leaders while they won't even listen to the few they actually have.

BKB

quercus alba
09-27-2015, 03:03 PM
Len, I work when I have to, fish and hunt when I can and stay away from the news. As a matter of fact, I think I'll go and take a nap right now

Thumper
09-28-2015, 11:23 AM
Ya' might recognize the name easier if it were spelled here as "John Baner". ;)

quercus alba
09-28-2015, 11:42 AM
At first glance I thought it said John Bonham. I'm thinking he's been dead since the early eighties.

DeputyDog
09-28-2015, 01:27 PM
The GOP is imploding from lack of real leaders while they won't even listen to the few they actually have.

BKB

That's pretty much the reason he gave for leaving. He indicated that he was going to wait until the end of the year, but decided that day that it was the day to do it.

LJ3
09-28-2015, 01:30 PM
Oh yeah? Well The Donald has a detailed tax plan now, so eat a bag of dicks!

Lord, I apologize for that'n and God bless the pygmies in New Guinea, amen.

Buckrub
09-29-2015, 06:57 PM
The GOP is exploding because of Tea Partiers?

Hahaha.

Your bias knows no bounds.

So what are the donkeys exploding from, then? Radical stupidity.......Democrats leaders? Clinton? Sanders? Joe Dumbass? Obama The Least?

Hahaha