PDA

View Full Version : Papelbon, Harper, and Rizzo

BarryBobPosthole
09-29-2015, 03:26 PM
The three stooges. I'm sure the Nats and Nats fans will rally behind their 22 year old spolied brat player with the MVP year. And he may well win the MVP. But Papelbon can't be totally wrong. Clubhouse shit like this almost always has a cause. I am not a Bats fan but Williams, Harper, and Papelbon would all be gone next year if I was manager instead of a milquetoast Rizzo.

What a season of disappointment. Maybe they should move over to the American league where this shit is everyday stuff.

Harper's story won't end nicely, mark my words. And Rizzo will probably ask for his okay when they choose their next manager at the rate he's kissing his ass.

BKB

LJ3
09-29-2015, 03:40 PM
Should have Harper run it out? absolutely and I think that's the general consensus around here. How Papelgone handled the situation given his performance this year is why he'll be papelgone. Pull Harper to the side in the locker room and tell him what's what. That's how you handle it.

Williams is history.

And I think you're wrong about Harper unless he gets injured. He's cocky and young but if you see him play live you'll see he's actually pretty humble and just a kid. He'll learn his lessons and be just fine.

BarryBobPosthole
09-29-2015, 04:14 PM
I watched him this year a few games and it is true that the game almost revolves around him when he's in it. And his baseball skills are pretty well honed so he's defnitely not a raw talent. He's a historic player.
To be fair, his arrogance may just be his defense mechanism against what must be a very strange reality at a really young age. I'd be willing to give him the benefit of the doubt except for what seems to be a pattern of behavior (Tee Dub would say 'behaviour') that seems to say he doesn't have to play by the same rules as everyone else. And once that is out there, then every time he argues a call with an ump, every time he doesn't do it perfectly no matter how small, and every time he gets into it with a teammate in a matter that should have been handled internally rather than the fucking general manager picking a side, then the perception will get distorted a little bit more. And is he stronger than e megative crap that perception will bring him? He'd have to be Barry Bonds type arrogant to not care that much. So that's why
i think he'll self destruct. I hope he doesn't. To prove himself the good guy would be the best of all possible worlds. It don't look good for that though.

BKB

Chicken Dinner
09-29-2015, 05:15 PM
Much like the National media, you've got it half right.

Buckrub
09-29-2015, 06:54 PM
Or more.

LJ3
09-29-2015, 08:08 PM
I used to share some of your opinion BBP. But having seen him play up close a couple times now and be genuinely humbled by the appreciation shown to him, interacting with kids and fans he looked much different to me after that. None of it was forced, or sure didn't seem so. I can't argue with your point of sometimes behaving as if there's a set of rules for him but I honestly chalk that up to maturity.

Of course, if he was on the redbirds I'd just think he was a huge arrogant asshole. So there's that :)

Buckrub
09-29-2015, 08:56 PM
No. If he was, he'd change.

Sorry......know that doesn't sit well.....but it's true.

LJ3
09-29-2015, 09:19 PM
As my grandma would say... P'shaw.

Chicken Dinner
09-29-2015, 10:12 PM
Much like the National media, you've got it half right.

And, Bucky knows even less.

BarryBobPosthole
09-29-2015, 10:26 PM
One thing is certain: he didn't proclaim himself the 'savior of baseball' as much of the media did in 2012 and thereafter. And I probably dislike him as much for that, fair or not, as anything.

At least I' an honest asshole. I'll stab ya in the front.

BKB

Buckrub
09-30-2015, 07:43 AM
And, Bucky knows even less.

You're far too kind and optimistic towards me!

Buckrub
09-30-2015, 07:47 AM
But....he'd change or leave. Ozzie had to. Even LaRussa did. But it's not just the Cards. No magic there. It's simply any well run organization.....which was Posty's original point, I think.

But......I don't know much.