PDA

View Full Version : I'm usually very critical of my creative work... but

LJ3
09-29-2015, 09:17 PM
I NAILED this damn pose, shot, setup. Technically, creatively, blah blah blah I was firing on all cylinders on this one :) I had a radio triggered remote flash behind them which provides the the rim lighting. We're gonna get them all dressed up in their wedding attire in the spring and do a night time cheery blossom shoot. It'll be awesome!

Big Skyz
09-29-2015, 10:12 PM
Count me as a big fan of your work. It's photos like this that make it easy to be a fan. Very nice Len!

BarryBobPosthole
09-29-2015, 10:29 PM
Sounds like you're having fun with this. LOOKS like you're having fun with it too!

Nice stuff, Lenster.

BKB

Nandy
09-29-2015, 10:55 PM
Wow, just wow!

LJ3
09-30-2015, 09:16 AM
Sounds like you're having fun with this. LOOKS like you're having fun with it too!

Nice stuff, Lenster.

BKB

Welp... as fate would have it. Actually not fate at all, I'm about 88% decided to shut down the wedding bidness after next year. I'm missing out on too much life by losing almost every Saturday when the weather is nice. I miss out on family stuff, camping, fishing, hikes, running errands with Lucia on weekends, all the things most people do on Saturdays. I may take an odd one here and there but that's about it. It's been a hard decision to come to because I really do enjoy wedding photography. It's hard to be around that much happiness and not be affected by it. It's a good way to really challenge myself too.

Conversations with people I care about go like this "We're gonna do _________ this weekend, it's gonna be a ton of fun. Do you have a wedding?" Me (sad face)

I'm going to focus more on family portraiture and things like that. See how it goes. With a portrait session I'm done in 90 minutes and have about 1.5 hours post production work. With a wedding I have about 6 hours before the day, up to 12+ hour day shooting, then at least 20 hours post production. Big difference :) Of course, the revenue streams are different but the disparity can be lessened as I build my portrait reputation in the area.

BarryBobPosthole
09-30-2015, 09:21 AM
So you're not going to become like Sean Penn's character in Walter Mitty and go photograph snow leopards?

Regardless what you do, you have a real talent!
BKB

Thumper
09-30-2015, 09:21 AM
That's a toughie Lenster ... and I can say, "been there, done that". When I started my business I was on call (the old pager days) 24/7 and was working 7 days/week with an "occasional" Sunday off (BUT ... I still had that pager on my belt, so even days off were iffy)! I finally had to change gears and decided the weekends belonged to ME ... to do with as I pleased. Tough call, but I know where you're coming from.

LJ3
09-30-2015, 09:27 AM
If Snow Leopards lived in the tropcis I'd consider it :)

Bwana
10-02-2015, 04:40 PM
How about sand cougars? ;)