PDA

View Full Version : Dang it! Sometimes I'm just too passive.

Thumper
10-01-2015, 11:05 AM
I went to an estate sale this morning. It wasn't one of my regular sales, but was put on by a couple of little old ladies. They said they had to clear the house to get it ready to sell. I asked what the deal was and they said their 91 year old mother just went into a nursing home and they were the daughters. Heck, the daughters were in their 70's! Anyway, there wasn't much "man stuff" in the house OR the garage, but there were a few goodies around. As I was about to leave, I noticed an attic access in the garage ceiling. BINGO! It was just one of those lift-up cover thingies, not one of those ladder type thingies that pulls down from the ceiling. I did notice an aluminum ladder in the garage, so I asked the ladies if they happened to look in the attic. All they said was, "Oh, there's nothing up there ... mom couldn't get up there to store anything anyway." I then said, "Well, how about dad?" They said, "Oh, no way, he died over 50 years ago!" That's when my eyes lit up! ANYTHING that "might" be in the attic would have to be over 50 years old! But, my dumbassery kicked in and I simply backed off. Now I've been kicking myself in the butt all morning for not at least "asking" if I could take a peek anyway. There may have been nothing at all up there, but the wondering what "might have been" is killing me! What a dumbass! :(

LJ3
10-01-2015, 11:12 AM
Agreed.

Why didn't you put the jimmy-charm on them?

No-till Boss
10-01-2015, 11:30 AM
Sounds like you could go back over there if you wanted to.

quercus alba
10-01-2015, 11:48 AM
Ah jimmy, that jaunty devil may care attitude is going to get you in trouble one day. As you move toward curmudgeonhood you need to develop some cynicism to temper it or you'll never grow up be like Bucky and posthole

Thumper
10-01-2015, 12:49 PM
LJ .. they were fugly ... or I'd have thought about it.

Yeah NTB ... I could. It's no biggie. I have two more to hit tomorrow. I'll get over it.

QA, I have a LOT of time ahead of me as a Junior Curmudgeon before I can even come close to matching those two!