10-02-2015, 05:27 PM
I don't get it.....

Arty
10-02-2015, 05:38 PM
Great balls of fire!

Thumper
10-02-2015, 05:59 PM
Ha ha ha! Sheesh! I hate to say this ... but ... I knew Jerry Lee Lewis! :D

He was a regular customer in Memphis. Remember, in THOSE days, we were the ONLY Cadillac dealer in Memphis and anybody who was anybody, drove Caddies back then. (Before Mercedes, BMW, etc. became the hot ticket.) The dealership was across the street and maybe a block down from Sun Records. I don't remember persactly, but Jerry Lee was kind of a "has been" at the time due to marrying his 12 year old cousin (or some silly shit like that). I think in those days, the only gigs he could get were little beer joints and crap like that. Sam Phillips sold Sun Records ... I think the summer between my Jr. and Sr. year of h/s ... and the new owner (forgot his name) pulled some sort of magic out of his hat and Jerry Lee again became a huge star almost overnight. I couldn't tell you how many times I stood b/s'ing with the dude, but I always thought he was kinda creepy. I think he was a drunk ... or maybe a druggie, not really sure. I was never much of a groupie and didn't pay much attention to most of those dudes.