PDA

View Full Version : I got a question for ya....

Captain
10-03-2015, 07:04 AM
If you were the Captain of a big ass ship and there was a Cat 4 hurricane where you needed to go would you continue to go that way or find safe harbor for a couple of days until it passed?
I just cannot get my head around why someone would sail INTO such a powerful storm? I mean it ain't like it just "popped" up all of a sudden like.

No-till Boss
10-03-2015, 07:37 AM
My dad was in the navy, he said if a hurrricane came up while they were in port, they always took off. He always though there was more damage to be done in port than at sea .

Captain
10-03-2015, 08:07 AM
My dad was in the Navy also and he has some stories to tell. I can see leaving port if the hurricane is coming toward THAT port. My question is they sailed INTO the hurricane. This was not a matter of leaving a threatened port to seek safe water. This was a matter of leaving safe water and sailing into a hurricane. That don't compute with me.

Thumper
10-03-2015, 08:44 AM
There are 5 Polacks in the crew. Maybe they were driving. ;)

Arty
10-03-2015, 08:54 AM
There are 5 Polacks in the crew. Maybe they were driving. ;)
Bingo

Big Muddy
10-03-2015, 03:42 PM
Dang, just found out there were 28 Americans on the ship.

Nandy
10-05-2015, 05:00 PM
Well, the 28 "americans" might just be puertorricans since this is an puertorrican owned fleet. That right there will explain the bravado and stupidity on heading on into such a powerful animal... My condolences to the families, I bet they are never found....