PDA

View Full Version : Junior Got In

BarryBobPosthole
10-04-2015, 10:36 PM
By the skin of his teeth.

Into the next round of the Chase that is.

Not sure how I feel about this format just yet.

BKB

Captain
10-05-2015, 04:06 AM
I'm in the boat with you. Not sure this is a good format or not.
Glad to see junior made it.
Jimmy had a bad day, as good as he is that has knocked him out.
Jeff is still in and it would be cool to see him finish the year off good since he is retiring.
Harvick and his team have their mess ALL together.

Thumper
10-05-2015, 09:10 AM
All this is starting to make me feel old. Tony Stewart is retiring next year also. As far as Jeff is concerned, I can't get it out of my mind that he's not a kid anymore. I watched him come up through the ranks when I was in California. I had a buddy whose son raced go-karts (BAD ASS go-karts!) and I'd go to the kart races with him (he was also my partner while I was racing motorcycle enduros). Anyway, we'd go to quarter midget races and watch Gordon race. That kid had more talent than any kid I'd ever seen. I couldn't believe it when he decided to quit racing and started water skiing. I don't remember persactly what he did ... some sort of professional skiing. It didn't last long and he eventually went back to racing. I moved to Florida in '89 and I'll be darned if he didn't get into NASCAR right after I got here! The rest is history.

But back to feeling old. I used to run around the pits with Dale Earnhardt when we were kids (we were the same age) and his dad (Ralph) was racing. So, I've watched Ralph, Dale and Jr. throughout their careers. Now that these "kids" like Gordon and Stewart are retiring ... I'm REALLY feeling old. But you know, it reminds me of my motorcycle racing days. I remember hauling ass through the desert mountains of Nevada during one race and the whole time I was thinking how well I was doing and that it would be mighty dang hard for anyone to go any faster than I was riding at the time. That's about the time some 15 year old kid blew by me like I was standing still! I was "only" 30 years old. Jeff and Tony are getting their asses pretty much handed to them lately. NOT that they are bad ... I just think it's really turning into a young man's sport and the mid-40's seems to be the "wall" these days (to be CONSISTENTLY competitive).

Chicken Dinner
10-06-2015, 09:29 AM
Who!?!

Thumper
10-06-2015, 09:36 AM
Who!?!

Ha ha ha! Touché butthead .... ;)

Thumper
10-06-2015, 10:47 AM
Ummm, wrong thread you Okie bozo! ;)