PDA

View Full Version : Trip report, sort of

Bwana
10-05-2015, 06:05 PM
Last night the missus and I went to a concert in town with some other friends and I have to say I was pretty impressed.

Tesla was the opening act but I can honestly say I only recognized maybe 3 of their songs. Also have to admit I thought the lead singer was an ugly girl when he walked onto the stage but imagine my surprise when he started singing. Pretty sure a good North Dakota breeze would blow that boy away.

Next was Styx and to say I was impressed is an understatement. I had no idea they had so much talent in one group as three of them acted as lead singer at one time or another. If the concert would have been over after they performed I would have felt I had gotten my money's worth.

Next up was Def Leppard. Though the lead singer's voice wasn't all that it used to be he still did a pretty darn good job and the guitar players definitely knew what they were doing.

Given the good seats we had and the wonderful entertainment the 3.5+ hours the concert last went by in a flash.

Good stuff even if my hearing is a bit off today.

No-till Boss
10-05-2015, 06:18 PM
Glad you had a great time. I saw all those 25 plus years ago. I can't imagine going back now. However I have a good friend, who NEVER went to a concert as a kid, you couldn't have hogtied him and made him go. Now he never misses a Def Leppard tour.......seems odd to me.

Nandy
10-05-2015, 06:20 PM
do they still have the one arm drummer in Def Leppart?

Thumper
10-05-2015, 06:32 PM
Nandy, unless something has changed just recently, "The Thunder God" still plays for them. He does a lot of work with military veterans who are amputees. I can't remember persactly, but I think he has his own drum line ... or maybe it's an endorsement deal ... I can't remember. I've always respected his tenacity.

BarryBobPosthole
10-05-2015, 06:34 PM
Styx sounds just like Rush!

Ladyyyyyy......

BKB

Thumper
10-05-2015, 06:37 PM
Styx sounds just like Rush! BKB

Limbaugh? ;)

Trav
10-05-2015, 06:54 PM
Styx sounds just like Rush!

Ladyyyyyy......

BKB

you shut your whore mouth

BarryBobPosthole
10-05-2015, 07:35 PM
Hahahahaha...

old inside joke Thump.

BKB

Bwana
10-05-2015, 08:25 PM
Yep Nandy, he lost his arm in a car accident in the late '80's if I remember right. He has a custom trapset that uses extra foot pedals. Quite amazing.

Nandy
10-05-2015, 11:52 PM
Yup, vince neil was driving, which happens to be the singer for motley crew which was my favorite band until they went commercial... Another guy died but I dont remember which band...

Thumper
10-06-2015, 01:19 AM
Hahahahaha...

old inside joke Thump. BKB

Yeah, I know. I remember the last time youse dufes went a couple rounds. In fact, it was prolly in another thread when Bwana first announced they were going to the concert. (at least I think he did)