PDA

View Full Version : Anybody else seeing this?

Thumper
10-12-2015, 08:21 AM
For the past few days, the title to posts I've already read are remaining highlighted ... which is "normally" an indication I haven't read them yet. Sometimes I'll read a thread and the highlight goes away, others, it remains. There seems to be no rhyme or reason as to which ones stay highlighted and which one's don't. Is this a site glitch, or something on my end?

Note: Sometimes previously read threads will clear the highlighting normally, sometimes they'll clear after re-loading the page a few times and others may remain highlighted all day. There seems to be no pattern and it's never done this until just a few days ago. It's nothing major, but kind of a PITA.

Captain
10-12-2015, 09:14 AM
I think you are seeing things again, or your cookies are messed up one... ;)

BarryBobPosthole
10-12-2015, 09:28 AM
I'll sometimes use my back button to return to a forum after reading a post. That of course, marks it unread as it was before I read it.

Or maybe you got chicken grease on your keyboard.

BKB

quercus alba
10-12-2015, 09:39 AM
If it has 2 pages you have to open the second page. Then again you might be seeing things

airbud7
10-12-2015, 09:42 AM
I'll sometimes use my back button to return to a forum after reading a post. That of course, marks it unread as it was before I read it.

Or maybe you got chicken grease on your keyboard.

BKB

This^ The back button

Thumper
10-12-2015, 10:03 AM
Ha ha! You bunch'a dufebutts! After all this time, I think I know how it's SUPPOSED to work ... this just started a few days ago. (for me anyway)

I may go ahead and reboot just for shits & grins ... maybe that'll change sumpin'.

BarryBobPosthole
10-12-2015, 10:11 AM
Well I haven['t seen this issue. Of course, I have Apple products which aren't prone to any of that nonsense.

BKB

LJ3
10-12-2015, 10:19 AM
You should be rebooting your PC every single day. They're not designed to be "always on" appliances.

Thumper
10-12-2015, 10:53 AM
You should be rebooting your PC every single day. They're not designed to be "always on" appliances.

Yeah, prolly so. My 'puter stays on 24/7 and I usually reboot maybe once a week or so ... usually only when things start slowing down.

Thumper
10-12-2015, 10:54 AM
BTW ... it appears the reboot didn't change anything regarding my problem with the site. I can't imagine what may have changed ... I sure didn't change anything (at least, not that I'm aware of).