PDA

View Full Version : Bad News and Good News

LJ3
10-12-2015, 10:18 AM
Well I posted a while ago about cancer visiting more than we'd like in our family. My father-in-law passed away yesterday at home. I've never seen cancer advance so quickly. He was truly a great man and I'd say that even if it wasn't sick. Godly, family first, huge heart, kind, I never heard him speak a harsh word about anyone, always putting his family first above all else, and a husband I wish I could be. He was surrounded by his wife and 3 kids for his final days and I can't imagine he'd want anything else. It will be a long road for his family, they are very very close.

So for good news, my Mom got all her test results back and even though she has 3 tumors on her lungs, they are isolated and nothing has become lymphatic. They can treat her externally with targeted radiation.

Trav
10-12-2015, 10:20 AM
Prayers to you and the family, cancer sure sucks balls.

Thumper
10-12-2015, 10:52 AM
You're right about the good news/bad news. Sorry about the FIL and condolences to Lucia and her family. Great news about your mom ... that sounds promising!

Bwana
10-12-2015, 11:19 AM
AS Trav said earlier, cancer SUCKS!! I sadly know too many either dealing with it now or who have lost their struggle with it.

Prayers to you and yours Len.

BarryBobPosthole
10-12-2015, 11:28 AM
Sorry you all have such a heavy load to carry right now. I hope you get some peace to gather your strength for the next time.

BKB