PDA

View Full Version : Deer moving, finally ...

Nandy
10-13-2015, 11:22 AM
after not seeing deer for 2 days, not in the field, not while driving, not anywhere, we finally got some movement this morning. seems that early shower did the trick.
saw one Doe bout 50 yards from me, she was not as big as I wanted and let it walk. 20 min later another doe 150 yards, moving away from me and it got me interested. dead on its track but once i got closer it looked as small as the one I let go. oh well, 75 lbs of jerky.
one of the guys killed a nice buck this morning. 150 lbs....

http://i305.photobucket.com/albums/nn215/nandy_temp/20151013_100735-1.jpg

I still on vacation until Tuesday. lets see what follows.

cappy, if you see any rem or win 22-250 brass at the store hollar at me. I need to work a load for this gun. maybe get it to draw some blood this year.

Bwana
10-13-2015, 11:40 AM
Not sure what happened here - deleted by me.

Bwana
10-13-2015, 11:42 AM
Glad to hear you got some meat for the pole Nandy.

Just curious, are the weights you are giving field-dressed weights or whole critter? Either way, if you can get 75 lbs of jerky off of a deer, the deer down there are WAY bigger than anything we have up here.

Thumper
10-13-2015, 12:38 PM
Ok Nandy, what's with that bag of corn in the bed of that pick-up? ;)

Captain
10-13-2015, 01:05 PM
Congrats Nandy! NC or SC???
I'll be on the look out for some 22-250 brass...

Nandy
10-13-2015, 05:06 PM
bwana, whole deer weight, I think I get about 30 lbs of jerky.
thump, not sure if that is corn but baiting is legal so no problem. he killed the deer on a foodplot while crossing it.
sc Larke, I don't hunt anything but sc. NC land is too pricey for me. thanks for keeping an eye on the brass. I think all they have is nosler which is like 50 pieces for $50. too pricey for my needs.

Nandy
10-17-2015, 09:54 PM
this morning was missing morning. 3 of us went out, one of the guys missed a buck, the club Pres missed 3 times..... I missed the opportunity to connect with a nice buck... by the time I noticed it and got the gun up all I could see was it's rump disappearing in the tree line. this evening another member beat me to that stand and killed a similar buck. I killed an 85 lbs Doe. lots of movement.

BarryBobPosthole
10-17-2015, 09:58 PM
We always had a tradition in deer camp that if you shot and didn't bring in meat, you got your shirt tail cut off and hung up in camp. That curbs that shit pretty quick!

BKB

Nandy
10-21-2015, 04:28 PM
Monday was a bad day for us. No deer seen and one of the guys had a heart attack. He is fine, as fine as a person with a heart attack could be and undergo some procedures but I have not heard anything back. he was not afield when it happened which is a great thing since it could have been hours before any of us would have gotten worried that he was not back.... Same day, on my way back I hit a deer with the Altima, we end up in a shoulder not too far from the ditch. The deer took the hood grill that I replaced back on this summer and cracked the bumper liner. This is a beater so I am not worry about the card but it was a very "exciting" situation. I was going 50 mph in this 2 way country road and there was no avoiding that deer... I looked for it but I doubt I had caused any real damage on it.

Yesterday there was another doe killed, today was my resting day so i went to work, ;). Going back tomrrow thru saturday, maybe even sunday morning then im back to work and no hunting vacation. I can still hunt the mornings and Saturdays so we shall see....

Nandy
10-24-2015, 08:03 AM
Esteban "called" this one in for me last evening. http://i305.photobucket.com/albums/nn215/nandy_temp/20151023_194011.jpg
dead on spot, 132 lbs typical 8 pointer for the area. He was fighting that day. you probably can't see it but his neck got a good nick where even the hide was gone and it seeks it had just cloth hours before I shot it. ears are messed up, neck swollen and stinky, stinky.... yup, they been chasing ... those 2 dehydrators and the jerky gun have work to do!