PDA

View Full Version : Eli Manning

BarryBobPosthole
10-19-2015, 08:37 PM
He's looking Superbowlish this year. The guy can look so bad one minute and look like a hall of famer the next.

I remember watching his daddy play against Alabama in one of the first televised college games I ever saw. Alabama had a great qb too named Scott Hunter, I believe. Man, that makes me feel old.

BKB

Captain
10-19-2015, 08:52 PM
You ARE old... :D

Thumper
10-19-2015, 09:02 PM
I have no clue who Eli Manning is, but I remember as a kid in Mississippi the big thing to say was "Archie Who??" I don't remember why that was the saying of the day, but it was about a dufe named Archie Manning. Are they related?

Obviously I don't follow football.

Big Muddy
10-19-2015, 09:45 PM
HA!!!.... yep, obviously you don't....Archie has two sons....Peyton and Eli, both are MVP QBs, who own three Super Bowl rings between them....a 3rd son, Cooper, is the oldest, and was diagnosed with spinal stenosis, which ended his football career, as a wide receiver....he's in private business in NOLA.
And, I think I mentioned this before....I played football against Archie from grammar school thru high school....he was just an average player, until his sophomore year at Ole Miss....his father was a poor sharecropper, and committed suicide that year....Archie became the "man of the house", and blossomed as a star QB.
And, he and his family are some of the nicest people you could ever meet.

Thumper
10-19-2015, 11:30 PM
Ok, that's the Mississippi connection then. I just Googled him ... he played for Ole Miss while I was going to high school in Mississippi. It's all coming back to me now. He was the local hero at the time. It was something I heard a bazillion times back in the day ... "Archie Who?" ... I assume because he was an "unknown" who "came out of nowhere".

Big Muddy
10-19-2015, 11:45 PM
Yep, you got it.

Hate to say it, but Eli got taken to the woodshed, tonite.

Chicken Dinner
10-20-2015, 08:48 AM
He's also a frustrating guy to have on your fantasy team this year. Last week he was huge. This week, bupkis.

Captain
10-20-2015, 08:57 AM
He's also a frustrating guy to have on your fantasy team this year. Last week he was huge. This week, bupkis.
Should'a picked Cam... ;) :D