PDA

View Full Version : Halloween Humbling...

Big Skyz
10-21-2015, 09:13 AM
Frankly I don't give a whole lot of thought to Halloween other than I think it's fun to draw creepy things and monsters without parents getting all up in arms about it. So in the classroom we do a few Halloween drawings each year. However I did get a real humbling surprise the other night. As my wife was walking through the living room she asked me if I had seen what our youngest son was drawing. I hadn't, so I went downstairs to his room to see what he was up to. I was blown completely away. Not only is this drawing 100% freehanded, it's also completely out of his imagination. I'm talking, he didn't look at anything to draw this, and even the text is his own original idea. Folks he is only 12 freaking years old. Frankly this is pretty humbling, the fact of the matter is, I cannot with my 40+ years of experience draw like this just out of my head. I can look at something and draw it just as well as this, but not without some kind of reference. This is professional level work here!

http://i254.photobucket.com/albums/hh113/Huntzz/Hunter%20Adams%20Halloween%202015_zpsprwyqivt.jpg

Cards01
10-21-2015, 09:36 AM
wow... just simply amazing

airbud7
10-21-2015, 09:39 AM
Agree^... Amazing stuff right there^

Bwana
10-21-2015, 09:45 AM
His talent is simply unbelievable!!

LJ3
10-21-2015, 10:35 AM
For a 12 year old to understand and see light in that way is astounding.

Nandy
10-21-2015, 04:32 PM
Well, the acorn..... whatever it goes. I looked at the picture before reading the message, I figured this was something a caricaturist put up online or a news paper, then I read your post and went "wow, just frikking wow!" your kid's are so talented and you too need to be very freaking proud!!!!!