PDA

View Full Version : How dry is it here???.....

Big Muddy
10-23-2015, 02:18 PM
Still no rain here....this is a pic of one of my cypress holes for ducks....usually about 3 feet of water in it....cypress knees are exposed, and the knees are the only green food source for the rabbits, squirrels, and varmints, so they are eating the bark.

Thumper
10-23-2015, 02:28 PM
Maybe you should change your moniker to "Big Dusty". ;)

Big Muddy
10-23-2015, 02:29 PM
You got that right !!!
Sunday will be 120 days-4 months of this drought....unbelieveable!!!

airbud7
10-23-2015, 02:33 PM
If Cappy could, I'm sure he would ship you some from his Carolina farm.

jb
10-23-2015, 03:53 PM
As Cappy can attest, be careful for what you wish.
Maybe that bigass storm hitting the west coast of Mexico will bring you some relief.
Things do look tuff down there, good luck

BarryBobPosthole
10-23-2015, 03:57 PM
You getting anything yet out of this latest system Eddie?

BKB

Captain
10-23-2015, 05:46 PM
Other than the 1000 year flood we had, we have not had a drop since. I've got all my food plots in and fixed some bare spots in the yard at the farm with new dirt and roto-tilled.
Everything here is needing a drink! I hope you get some rain soon. That looks awful, are you pulling ticks off crappie yet?

Big Muddy
10-23-2015, 06:57 PM
Day'um near it, Cap....I'm not wishing for anything like ya'll got in SC, but seriously, it will take 5 inches just to fill up the cracks....I had to disk and landplane nearly all my turnrows last week because they had buckled so badly that they were like driving across a rub board.

Phole, we haven't gotten any rain outta this system, yet....well, I guess I could count the 14 drops on my windshield, coming over to the Chicot lakehouse. ;)

Big Muddy
10-23-2015, 11:18 PM
If the remnants of Patricia track like they think, then I might get some rain out of it....a couple of those tracks, travel right over my house.

Captain
10-24-2015, 06:33 AM
I'm going to do my dangest to finish drilling fescue and rye grass in the pastures by Monday or Tuesday. Looks like we have a decent shot at some rain Wednesday.... Hope you get it before we do, but leave a little water in them clouds for us. :D

jb
10-24-2015, 09:06 AM
Thanks Muddy, the route farthest north passes over my part of the state, by the time it gets here it could be white instead of wet, but then, it is Nov. next week. :>(

airbud7
10-25-2015, 09:18 AM
So y'all getting any rain yet?

Big Muddy
10-25-2015, 09:42 AM
YES, Airbud, finally!!!!....and, thank GOD for it.....it took a day'um messican hurricane, but we finally broke the 4 month drought.
We got 1-1/2" inches last night, and suppose to get 2-3 inches more, over the next few days.
Thanks for asking.

airbud7
10-25-2015, 10:07 AM
Good Deal Muddy

Captain
10-25-2015, 11:00 AM
So glad you are getting some rain Muddy! Be kind and leave a little of that water in them clouds and send our way...
When I was a little boy, I remember we were going through a drought much like the one we had this year. Anyone that knows my dad knows he likes to joke and pick with folks. One Sunday at church my Dad went up to Preacher Keith after the service and said "Preacher we need some rain or all our crops and pastures are going to be a loss, you ain't praying hard enough". Preacher Keith looked at Dad and said "Don't worry Evan, it always rains after a long dry spell"
I bet I've said that a zillion times since that day!

Thumper
10-25-2015, 11:08 AM
Ha ha! Yeppers .. that quote reminds me of searching for something that's been misplaced ... "you always find it in the last place you look". ;)

BarryBobPosthole
10-25-2015, 11:45 AM
So glad you are getting some rain Muddy! Be kind and leave a little of that water in them clouds and send our way...
When I was a little boy, I remember we were going through a drought much like the one we had this year. Anyone that knows my dad knows he likes to joke and pick with folks. One Sunday at church my Dad went up to Preacher Keith after the service and said "Preacher we need some rain or all our crops and pastures are going to be a loss, you ain't praying hard enough". Preacher Keith looked at Dad and said "Don't worry Evan, it always rains after a long dry spell"
I bet I've said that a zillion times since that day!

Hahahahaha thats a goodun.

BKB

Big Muddy
10-25-2015, 10:38 PM
Thanks to the Good Lord and the messicans who sent this my way....this rain system has been sitting on top of me all day, and suppose to be here all day tomorrow....makes me feel all "wet and juicy" just looking at it. ;)

BarryBobPosthole
10-25-2015, 11:11 PM
^^^TMI

BKB

Big Muddy
10-25-2015, 11:15 PM
Whatchu talkin' bout, Willis??? ;)

Thumper
10-26-2015, 08:25 AM
Ya' could'a left out the "wet & juicy" part. Ewwwww! http://www.sherv.net/cm/emoticons/sick/puke-smiley-emoticon.gif