PDA

View Full Version : So you think you got some guns???

Captain
10-25-2015, 09:49 AM
Seems like maybe Posthole or JB have been with me to the likker store near the farm. The fellow that runs the store is someone I've known for 30 years. He has cows and hunts all the time. He has actually bought one of our old farm dump trucks from my dad.
Well I was very surprised yesterday when I went by his house and there were 2 tractor trailers backed up in the front yard and police everywhere.
Seems like he has been hoarding guns for all these years (probably a lot of them stolen) I think the last count is up over 10,000 long guns.

http://www.wcnc.com/story/news/crime/2015/10/24/deputies-seize-thousands-of-guns-in-chesterfield-county/74529856/

Thumper
10-25-2015, 10:01 AM
WTF??? That's CRAZY! :crazy

airbud7
10-25-2015, 10:13 AM
"We're still finding guns in safes and hidden under beds and stuff so we'll be here another couple of days," said Sheriff Brooks.

Wow!

jb
10-25-2015, 10:28 AM
I'll bet there are some real collectable guns hidden in all that mess and will be destroyed.
What's the dept. going to do with them?
Maybe some folks will finally get there stolen guns back.

Captain
10-25-2015, 10:38 AM
I would hate to be the evidence tech on this search warrant. Can you imagine recording the make, model, caliber and serial number of 10,000 plus guns? Much less running them all through NCIC to see which ones are reported stolen.
I've known this old boy for a long time. Always friendly and quick to ask how my mom and dad are. He came in Bass Pro a few weeks ago and bought some ammo. Nothing excessive just a couple boxes of 30-06 for hunting and we happen to have some .22's at the time and he bought 500 rounds which is the limit and what everyone buys when we have them.
His dad owns the liquor store and when you walk in it's like a hoarders house. Boxes stacked from floor to ceiling. Just one little path to walk through the boxes up to the counter. It very "different" than anything you've ever been to.

Captain
10-25-2015, 10:41 AM
I'll bet there are some real collectable guns hidden in all that mess and will be destroyed. What's the dept. going to do with them? Maybe some folks will finally get there stolen guns back.

JB I'm sure any that come back stolen will be returned to the owners (or their insurance company). Can you imagine the shape they will be in after being stacked in that tractor trailer and driven around for awhile?

airbud7
10-25-2015, 11:33 AM
Over in richmond county Ga (augusta) the Sheriffs Dept has a gun sale open to the public for such guns as this and uses the money for bullet proof vest/new cars/exc...

BarryBobPosthole
10-25-2015, 11:44 AM
There's one positive thing though about this story. And that is I'd sure as hell rather my stolen guns end up with some guy like this than in the hands of somebody else. (eddie would say some Democrat!)

And a gun hoarder owns the liquor store and a serial killer owns the hardware store. No wonder I thought the old feller boilng peanuts was the sanest person I met. (and that likely includes Larke!)

BKB

airbud7
10-25-2015, 12:08 PM
Agree 100% Barry^....

Nandy
10-25-2015, 12:19 PM
Goes there to say you never know a person completely... Wow!!!! That is an insane amount of guns....

Captain
10-25-2015, 03:21 PM
No wonder I thought the old feller boilng peanuts was the sanest person I met. (and that likely includes Larke!) BKB

HEY!!!!

Big Muddy
10-25-2015, 03:34 PM
I wonder how many of those guns the guy acquired because the customer didn't have any cash to pay for the liquor....just saying.

Captain
10-25-2015, 03:37 PM
I wonder how many of those guns the guy acquired because the customer didn't have any cash to pay for the liquor....just saying.
It would be my guess a lot of them. I was thinking that same thing. But that's just a guess I have no clue for sure if any were.

jb
10-25-2015, 05:19 PM
I think I remember the place, so much stuff in the store you could hardly walk around.
Let us know when they have a police sale. :wink

Captain
10-25-2015, 05:52 PM
That's it JB. You could/can barley walk between all the stacks of boxes from floor to ceiling.

Thumper
10-26-2015, 09:56 AM
I guess it went national as I just saw this on our local news this morning. They said there are more than 100 law officers involved. Where did they all come from???

Big Muddy
10-26-2015, 11:05 AM
Democratic Committee. ;););)

Thumper
10-26-2015, 11:10 AM
Or the Republican Presidential candidates!