PDA

View Full Version : I wish Bucky still liked us....

Captain
10-25-2015, 06:36 PM
So I could give him a hard time about the latest modification to his fishing boat. :D 5932

Thumper
10-25-2015, 06:45 PM
Where is he? Did he and No-Till elope?

Buckrub
10-25-2015, 07:02 PM
Bucky doesn't unlove nobody.

Bucky is now in Colorado Springs. Odd as heck......but I just now started this computer. Ironic. Been at State Band Competition all day yesterday (home at 2:00 am!!), and another Jr. Symphony Orchestra all afternoon. Going to a wrestling match tomorrow or Tuesday, I forget. Been at the farm during Muzzleloader Season week.......going back Gun season and alternate from there to deer camp till first of the year.

BUT.........it's unfair to not say this, I suppose.......I am not getting much enjoyment out of posting here anymore. Lots of great folks and people that I love and who have treated me and my family like gold. I can't ever repay that. And I enoy(ed) talking here. But not lately. I do notice, and sometimes read, most of the posts-----

And the reason is not some estrogen filled b/s as has been said. The real reason would take about 11 pages (seriously) to type out, and it would do me no good and it would blow up (not just burn) a bridge or two, that I don't want to do. So, I'm just not going to do that. Not trying to be 'mysterious' but I just am not going to explain it all........I'm too blunt for one reason!

And now I'm summoned to go help with 9th grade math homework, and help the older one start filling out college applications. So......sorry, but maybe check in some other day.

Buckrub
10-25-2015, 07:02 PM
BUT........the only thing I saw wrong with that boat is that there is no trolling motor.

airbud7
10-25-2015, 07:07 PM
haha^ love you Bucky...I feel the same way in life sometime!...

Captain
10-25-2015, 07:07 PM
BUT........the only thing I saw wrong with that boat is that there is no trolling motor.
Or satellite dish.
And don't R-U-N-N-O-F-T

Thumper
10-25-2015, 07:23 PM
I must'a missed sumpin'. :confused:

Wouldn't be the first time.

Big Muddy
10-25-2015, 09:37 PM
Well, since you're helping out with the 9th grade math homework, do you know anything about that Common Core bull sheeit???

Captain
10-26-2015, 06:32 AM
I must'a missed sumpin'. :confused: Wouldn't be the first time.
I think this is the post that broke Bucky's back and made him R-U-N-N-O-F-T Read carefully.

http://www.goodhunting.info/showthread.php?7645-Boy-did-I-get-an-education-Saturday&highlight=Emergency

Thumper
10-26-2015, 08:01 AM
Oh ... I guess I DIDN'T miss it after all ... just didn't realize the result. So, is it MY fault for starting the thread? Or P-hole for being a nasty, curmudgeonly, commie-pinko-fascist-pig-bleeding-heart-Liberal? :D

Are there TWO "N's" in RUNNOFT?? :confused:

BarryBobPosthole
10-26-2015, 08:04 AM
I guess I apparently shot at you and hit him. And he went off saying I called his son a liar or something, which I didn't do or at least didn't intend to, I was aiming for the Pumphead.

Whatever.

BKB

Captain
10-26-2015, 08:09 AM
Are there TWO "N's" in RUNNOFT?? :confused:

Yes- pUMpHEAD http://youtu.be/tsAZ0RweVxk

Thumper
10-26-2015, 09:00 AM
Ha ha ha! Hey, I just ASKED. Redneks doen't spel to gud. ;)

Buckrub
10-26-2015, 11:37 AM
OK, I didn't need this brought up.

But since it was.......

Yes, Barry, you called me and my ambulance driving son "Dishonest" and that's the same as a liar. Ticked me off, for sure. The reason you did is that you think that any reality that conflicts with your Liberal Agenda view of the world has to be false, and anyone who states it is dishonest. Turns out that you are the dishonest one for not accepting multiple first hand accounts from all over North America, but I realize that being an Egotistical Elitist, you can't abide admitting your view of the world might be wrong and skewed. And I'll tell you what..........Cappy basically said the same thing I did, and if you had called HIM a liar I would have liked to have seen what happened next. But you won't do that, you only do that to me. You call that "feeling persecuted", but I call that statement B/S. No one here is gonna sit around and allow their personal experiences to be called a lie, not and like it. Then you used racial language that I find abhorrent, and never, ever use.......and then you told me that somehow you knew that I DID use it , and that your use was not bad like my alleged use is (another Elitist belief that you know more about me than I do). And I just realized I wasn't interested in having continued dialogue with that kind of stuff.

But that thread didn't do anything but tick me off. Big deal.

It was simply a combination of things. That thread made me realize that this place has taken a left turn, and apparently America has too. Love of big government as the solution to our problems, acceptance of things I believe are bad for our country and our culture, and the fear your thoughts might offend some goober. Couple that with the false notion that Tolerance is a virtue held only by the Left, yet being totally intolerant of anyone who has Conservative views.........that's hypocrisy and elitism. I suspect there are indeed Conservatives here, but they don't banter much.......and just throw out a tidbit here and there, and not often. That leave the printed word pretty left leaning.

I've argued with Posthole for years. I always thought he was honest and intelligent and a good person. But lately, I don't quite see that. But it's totally unfair of me to single him out completely. Totally, and I apologize, but his stuff is just an example. He's just the most verbose here of those kinds of beliefs, but mostly this place has just turned away from what interests me. I believe I know what y'all think of me, and I realize you equate "open mindedness" with virtue, and that you all think I don't have such qualities. Truth is, I sometimes don't but often do........on things that are right or wrong I pretty much don't waver unless proven wrong. I have said all my life that there ARE black and white issues, and there ARE gray issues, and wisdom is knowing the difference. To say that every issue and every thought is gray is a wimpy, incorrect, invalid, and actually a pretty stupid way of viewing the world. But that's what my world has become, and it is as evident here as it is anywhere. I also know y'all think I'm much the klutz that can't accomplish anything, and it's my fault I've let that view persist. I know who I am, and what I can do, and lately that's enough. To whatever life I have left, I am going to try and be content with who I am.

So, I don't love anyone less than I ever did. I just am not having the enjoyment out of posting here that I used to. If you need to put the 'blame' for that on me, then do so and feel good about it......if you need.

I haven't run off, I'm just not as interested in this as I used to be. If you want to argue and be honest, fine, look me up. But there are two things I cannot abide in this world.......Liberals and Elitists. I don't hate them, I just don't like their attitudes and views and have just enough life left that I don't want to spend it getting my blood pressure up for no reason. I've read posts from folks who admit to almost choking to have to agree with me on stuff. I've seen 'stirring the pot' more than honest discussions. If you make a statement that you don't believe is true, just to bring the discussion to a boil, you are the one that's dishonest, and I don't care for that. It's hard enough online to figure out what folks mean without your intentional attempts to obfuscate. I love to discuss, or even argue......but you have to be honest and state your true opinions and admit when you are wrong.......and that seems to have waned around here.

And my personal life has taken some turns that are.......stressful is the word I guess, but it doesn't do it justice. Yet, I know others here have terrible things going on also and they weather it better than I. Still, it is weighing me down, like never before, and I simply try not to add more straw onto the camel's back. I stay busy best I can, on other things.

And I said I wasn't going to say all that.........but I guess I did.

Nandy
10-26-2015, 12:12 PM
So, I don't love anyone less than I ever did. I just am not having the enjoyment out of posting here that I used to.

Bucky, I felt that way 10some years ago when I took a break. First I stopped posting, then I stopped frequenting the side and got interested on other activities. I always wondered what was going on at Goodhunting and the good people there. Then one day I decided to check it out again and such Im back.... Many things have not changed some have but what hurt me the most was finding out those members that passed and those that had have or still having hard time and I was not here to at least say a word... It bugs me...
Hope you wont be gone 10 years too, take your time to decompress, it is not worth getting your pressure boiling....
Later!

LJ3
10-26-2015, 12:27 PM
Life's too short to take this place so seriously Bucky. We're friends. Friends fuck with each other. We may not always like it but try to be keen on the context of what's going on in contentious conversations... You get picked on. Most of us get picked on. This site isn't about left or right. The world is not as absolute as some of us would like it to be. BBP was stating his opinion in spite of people who actually work in the profession stating facts contrary to his perspective. See that for what it is and move on. You don't have to dissect and counter every thing that's said so you can win an argument or prove your point. If someone's mind is set, you're not going to offer any sort of argument that will sway them. Every single human being makes a moral judgement at a level they may or may not be aware of. Then, they reason their way toward shoring up that moral leaning. That's simply human behavior. We can never sway another persons viewpoint in that way. After that, all that's left is the personal element. We are all friends. We are going to say shitty things to each other sometimes.

Honestly, if this is how you argue and try to settle things, how can you have been married so damn long? :) Either your wife rolls over on every single argument you have (doubtful) or you know when to disagree and move the hell on from a subject.

If I overstepped, I apologize.

Buckrub
10-26-2015, 01:41 PM
No reason to apologize whatsoever. But you missed the point entirely.

LJ3
10-26-2015, 01:43 PM
I think you may be the one missing the point entirely but I still love you in spite of yourself :)

Captain
10-26-2015, 01:52 PM
Well I brung it up so there. I felt like enough time had gone by for two friends to talk to each other. Didn't like the way it was hovering around like a hanging chad... :D

Buckrub
10-26-2015, 02:05 PM
That made me laugh...

Sitting outside Kohls waiting

Buckrub
10-26-2015, 02:06 PM
I think you may be the one missing the point entirely but I still love you in spite of yourself :)

No, you really did.

jb
10-26-2015, 02:28 PM
Bucky, I still love you !!
And I"m sure you notice I never get involved with some of the BS arguments that go on here, I'd rather just sit and watch the leaves change color.

LJ3
10-26-2015, 02:28 PM
But... You just proved my point.

Thumper
10-26-2015, 02:32 PM
But... You just proved my point.

Ha ha ha ... Touché!

BarryBobPosthole
10-26-2015, 05:02 PM
Bucky, ya know, there was a time I honestly did think you and I were friends. I spent countless hours on the phone with you trying to talk you through some pretty rough patches you had. Once I figured out that you didn't want to feel better, it finally dawned on me that was a total waste of time. And then I got in trouble because I didn't want to talk on the phone with you. Forget the fact I spent ten hours a day on the phone, and didn't talk to anyone, your persecution complex I guess just made me the bad guy. I invited you to my house where you stayed and ate with us, and my wife set you up with job interviews. But that didn't work because at the dinner table you badgered her about whether you got the job to the point that she asked me if I was crazy for even considering having you over. That was the nd for her. You'd have gotten that job if you'd have just relaxed and enjoyed the hospitality that was offered to you. Then you told me you could never live in Oklahoma. The state is awful. Which is fine I guess, but an odd thing for a guest to say to someone who's trying to help you find a way to put beans on your table. I invited you to my family's farm. I drove over to meet you at Beaver Lake to fish and you didn't like my boat. Even though you were fishing out of it and never offered a penny for gas or anything. I wouldn't have taken it, but that's not the point.
I am certainly willing to overlook a lot of stuff, and have, but your last post put an end to any of those thoughts.
But even that isn't why I'm calling it quits. I'll try to wrap this up so I'm not too 'verbose'. I'm calling it quits because You think any person who has liberal ideas about something as small in priority as politics isn't American enough. doesn't love America enough. Is plotting to destroy our way of life. That anyone who disagrees with you is an elitist. And while you're busy putting those labels out there, if someone doesn't agree with you they're being dismissive. So I guess it boils down to I'm not 'good' enough to be your friend. And I accept that. It comes with the turf.
So you go enjoy your life and I'll enjoy mine. I wish you the best.
BKB

Buckrub
10-26-2015, 06:20 PM
Some of that isn't true in the least. In fact.......well, never mind. There's some old sores there......

But it's fine. Let it lay.......lie.....whichever.

I can see why I haven't enjoyed it around here much, though. I appreciate your list of my faults. I won't give mine of yours. But you can certainly be an asshole at times! And that one took the cake. And yes, you are an Elitist, and you use hyperbole to try and be right every time......you did it above. I realize you've never been wrong, and I'm sure you believe you are not now either.

I guess I know how history will be written of all this. No point in trying to correct it now.

And Len, you just proved mine. Holler sometime if you want an explanation.......

Later.

Nandy
10-26-2015, 06:23 PM
Hmm, is it time to step away from the pc, take a few days breather before we continue saying things we might find unnecessary later? Just wondering, I have no dog in this fight and I realize no one is asking for my opinion but I thought I get my big brown nose in this melee....

Buckrub
10-26-2015, 06:29 PM
Hmm, is it time to step away from the pc, take a few days breather before we continue saying things we might find unnecessary later? Just wondering, I have no dog in this fight and I realize no one is asking for my opinion but I thought I get my big brown nose in this melee....

I had been trying to do that.

I appreciate everyone's concern. Nothing that occurred is anyone's fault but mine.

Later.

Captain
10-26-2015, 07:34 PM
Well Shit! Maybe the hanging chad was not all that bad...

Sunshine
10-26-2015, 08:05 PM
Quoting the old guy on the program: Edge of Alaska...... "Change is coming, by golly change is coming!"

Only thing is, months ago, I already said this place had changed!

The only reason I came back and posted, was a few of you actually asked, and care, about me.

The other reason was it really ticked me off Airbud made that "GH Video" and not one pic of me in it!

Didn't surprise me, as I expected it from him, even though I've been here for a VERY long time. Probably as far back as when he was in diapers! lol

There's fishing and gator pics of me, in the archives, so no excuse! If you are actually serious about making that video, you need to include ALL GH members.

Now that I've had time to cool off, about it and Airbud, I wish Airbud the best and hope he continues to fit in at GH, but we will not be friends.

So that's why I decided to come back and posted, what I have been up to.
Knowing very well someone will quote me at some point, and of course someone did.

It's ok , I knew it was going to happen and didn't post anything I didn't want quoted.

CAPT made it perfectly clear, if I pulled up a stump in GH again, quoting would happen.

My question is who made Capt the boss of this place?
When did it become alright to censor language in my post months ago to Airbud, and no one else gets censored?
Profanity, nudity, vulgar language is accept by everyone, and I got my ass chewed out, because I told Airbud off?

And Capt, you might be right: "Shoot, Shovel and Shut-up!"

So I know how Bucky is feeling about the atmosphere in GH.
He feels the same way I do, about GH has changed. Just no one else can see it.

I did noticed, after I stopped posting, things really dropped off here.
Heck just my one recent post, has over 200 views.

Some of you might not like me, heck I don't like a few of you, but I do bring traffic to this site.
You never know what I'm going to post or do and I usually tried to make it something funny.

And for those that do not know, I have been one of the biggest financial supporters of this site, but no more.

I am around, like Bucky!

Once in awhile I'll check in, but this place has changed, even if you don't want to see it.
Not as much laughter, in this place, and way to serious.

Captain
10-26-2015, 08:29 PM
Quoting the old guy on the program: Edge of Alaska...... "Change is coming, by golly change is coming!" Only thing is, months ago, I already said this place had changed! The only reason I came back and posted, was a few of you actually asked, and care, about me. The other reason was it really ticked me off Airbud made that "GH Video" and not one pic of me in it! Didn't surprise me, as I expected it from him, even though I've been here for a VERY long time. Probably as far back as when he was in diapers! lol There's fishing and gator pics of me, in the archives, so no excuse! If you are actually serious about making that video, you need to include ALL GH members. Now that I've had time to cool off, about it and Airbud, I wish Airbud the best and hope he continues to fit in at GH, but we will not be friends. So that's why I decided to come back and posted, what I have been up to. Knowing very well someone will quote me at some point, and of course someone did. It's ok , I knew it was going to happen and didn't post anything I didn't want quoted. CAPT made it perfectly clear, if I pulled up a stump in GH again, quoting would happen. My question is who made Capt the boss of this place? When did it become alright to censor language in my post months ago to Airbud, and no one else gets censored? Profanity, nudity, vulgar language is accept by everyone, and I got my ass chewed out, because I told Airbud off? And Capt, you might be right: "Shoot, Shovel and Shut-up!" So I know how Bucky is feeling about the atmosphere in GH. He feels the same way I do, about GH has changed. Just no one else can see it. I did noticed, after I stopped posting, things really dropped off here. Heck just my one recent post, has over 200 views. Some of you might not like me, heck I don't like a few of you, but I do bring traffic to this site. You never know what I'm going to post or do and I usually tried to make it something funny. And for those that do not know, I have been one of the biggest financial supporters of this site, but no more. I am around, like Bucky! Once in awhile I'll check in, but this place has changed, even if you don't want to see it. Not as much laughter, in this place, and way to serious.

That's the biggest self serving bunch of horse crap I've read in awhile. And it actually started out by you QUOTING someone. How ironic is that!
"CAPT made it perfectly clear, if I pulled up a stump in GH again, quoting would happen.
My question is who made Capt the boss of this place?"
I did when to took ownership of the domain and run this place off my credit card. You have helped a lot as have many. All is appreciated but never required.
This site had been around for MANY years and was within minutes of loosing all archives and stories, pictures etc. I didn't want that and did what I had to do to save it.
Thanks for your input and support over the years.
If I'm your problem, you've got one, cause I ain't going away.

Arty
10-26-2015, 08:32 PM
Quoting the old guy on the program: Edge of Alaska...... "Change is coming, by golly change is coming!" Only thing is, months ago, I already said this place had changed! The only reason I came back and posted, was a few of you actually asked, and care, about me. The other reason was it really ticked me off Airbud made that "GH Video" and not one pic of me in it! Didn't surprise me, as I expected it from him, even though I've been here for a VERY long time. Probably as far back as when he was in diapers! lol There's fishing and gator pics of me, in the archives, so no excuse! If you are actually serious about making that video, you need to include ALL GH members. Now that I've had time to cool off, about it and Airbud, I wish Airbud the best and hope he continues to fit in at GH, but we will not be friends. So that's why I decided to come back and posted, what I have been up to. Knowing very well someone will quote me at some point, and of course someone did. It's ok , I knew it was going to happen and didn't post anything I didn't want quoted. CAPT made it perfectly clear, if I pulled up a stump in GH again, quoting would happen. My question is who made Capt the boss of this place? When did it become alright to censor language in my post months ago to Airbud, and no one else gets censored? Profanity, nudity, vulgar language is accept by everyone, and I got my ass chewed out, because I told Airbud off? And Capt, you might be right: "Shoot, Shovel and Shut-up!" So I know how Bucky is feeling about the atmosphere in GH. He feels the same way I do, about GH has changed. Just no one else can see it. I did noticed, after I stopped posting, things really dropped off here. Heck just my one recent post, has over 200 views. Some of you might not like me, heck I don't like a few of you, but I do bring traffic to this site. You never know what I'm going to post or do and I usually tried to make it something funny. And for those that do not know, I have been one of the biggest financial supporters of this site, but no more. I am around, like Bucky! Once in awhile I'll check in, but this place has changed, even if you don't want to see it. Not as much laughter, in this place, and way to serious. 1) no one censored you. iii) you weren't chewed out for your words to Airbud. You were put in your place, about comments you had no right saying, about a belated, loved member of this site. 2) Going by memory... Airbud is in his 40's maybe pushing 50. Unsure why you think otherwise. D) Cappy ain't the boss of anyone. b2) 99% of the active people on here AGREED with Cappy when he replied to your post. 81) WHY would he (Airbud) include any pics of you in that video when YOU PLAINLY stated that you were *poof gone*. Never to be seen again. ??? J) your financial contributions were appreciated by all to help keep this running but it's Always been an "at will" or "if you can" kind of system. Your contributions however big or small buys no special seat here. CAPTAIN OWNS THIS SITE, and even he'd tell you that (short of him being able to pull the plug out of the proverbial wall) that even he has no special say here. Free country. Do as you wish. You gotta be the brother of a pump head to get the ban hammer. z) I'm glad you are back. Matters not if I you like me. I'm not so obtuse to think that everyone thinks like I do. Nor that I will agree with everything that is posted here.

LJ3
10-26-2015, 08:32 PM
Well Shit! Maybe the hanging chad was not all that bad...

I gotcher Chad right here, skippy.

The world changes, people change, things change, change is kinda like a promise we have no say about.

Chillax my fellow fucksticks.

LJ3
10-26-2015, 08:34 PM
correction. Cappy is the the boss of my heart.

Arty
10-26-2015, 08:35 PM
correction. Cappy is the the boss of my heart.
And you sir are the boss of mine.

BarryBobPosthole
10-26-2015, 08:36 PM
Boss, chief shit disturber, and chairman of the non partisan antichinese league.

Our good Capitaine is a man of many parts!

BKB

Arty
10-26-2015, 08:39 PM
D) Cappy ain't the boss of anyone.

your financial contributions were appreciated by all to help keep this running but it's Always been an "at will" or "if you can" kind of system. Your contributions however big or small buys no special seat here. CAPTAIN OWNS THIS SITE, and even he'd tell you that (short of him being able to pull the plug out of the proverbial wall) that even he has no special say here. Free country. Do as you wish. You gotta be the brother of a pump head to get the ban hammer.

This was Said in the sense that Cappy did not ban you, censor you, limit you to posting, nor run you off. He simply put you in your rightful place.

Sunshine
10-26-2015, 08:40 PM
For you and everyone else info, I cleared that post with Mrs. Niner BEFORE I posted it and she agreed with every word I posted.

Glad this is all cleared up now!

Captain
10-26-2015, 08:47 PM
For you and everyone else info, I cleared that post with Mrs. Niner BEFORE I posted it and she agreed with every word I posted. Glad this is all cleared up now! Last warning Sunny! You leave Mrs Niner out if this. You were playing on her emotions at a time when you should have been just supportive of her needs. Not discussing with her what to say in one of your little pissing matches with someone over your stupid (yep stupid) non-quoting requirements. You have no right dragging her into that crap. Good Lord she had just lost the love of her life you really think she thought enough about the politics and history of this place to come to YOUR support.
That's all I got to say about it.
Keep playing that card and you will join the ranks of Mulewriter.

Buckrub
10-26-2015, 08:57 PM
I am so very sorry to have started anything like this. I said what I needed to say, and the chips will fall. I never said I was leaving, just that I didn't get enjoyment out of posting like I did, and stated why. I don't make stuff up and I don't lie and I don't twist facts (if my memory works, which it doesn't always I admit). But geez.......

Man Alive!!! Don't lump ME in some basket I didn't sign up to be in!! OK? I stay in enough hot water in life without help.......

LJ3
10-26-2015, 09:11 PM
I'm about to ban half of ya just because you're ugly. The other half cause you're dumb. I just can't figure out at what point I'll ban myself. The former, or latter? And before anyone sees that as an invitation to comment further. I would invite you go out to your garage/shop and build yourself and industrial strength stool.

Captain
10-26-2015, 09:25 PM
I'm about to ban half of ya just because you're ugly. The other half cause you're dumb. I just can't figure out at what point I'll ban myself. The former, or latter? And before anyone sees that as an invitation to comment further. I would invite you go out to your garage/shop and build yourself and industrial strength stool.

If you go by ugly I'm out... :D
But I guess you could go out either way... ;)

Nandy
10-26-2015, 09:28 PM
This is turning better than the last episode of The Walking Dead..... How can they kill Glenn!?!?!?

Chicken Dinner
10-26-2015, 09:55 PM
I think everybody might want to sleep on it before posting any more in this thread.

Nandy
10-26-2015, 10:12 PM
Sleep with who? :thumbsup

HideHunter
10-26-2015, 10:25 PM
hey! I'm done combining.. damn, it's good to be back. ;)

Thumper
10-26-2015, 11:40 PM
Well, I just deleted a LOOOOOOONG post because, as has been suggested previously, I think "sleeping on it" is good advice and I was getting WAY too specific regarding certain people. To put it bluntly without going back into a Thump post, let's just say you're now a bunch'a crotchity old farts ... this place hasn't changed any, YOU have. You're older (some of us have been hanging out together for almost 20 years if you go all the way back to the A/O days). You're more curmudgeonly and MUCH more thin-skinned than you were as "youngsters". Get over it. Tomorrow is another day and it's getting to the point, any day we wake up on the top side of the grass should be considered a good day.

That said ... I'll share a personal story here that some of you may want to think about. We all remember Tony (Gator) and he was very well liked and respected here. I would have to say, I knew him a million times better than anyone here and we became VERY close ... closer than brothers IMHO. That all changed at one point and we basically became more like mortal enemies than friends. Although NOBODY here (well, Cappy witnessed some of it in the early stages) knew the whole story, I was severely chastised for some of the things I said to him when we had our little sparring sessions on this site. Tony was a VERY lovable guy and nobody here had any reason at all to dislike anything about him ... but, like many of us, he had two sides and nobody here ever saw the other side of him the way I did. It started out with a gal he was living with and things went to shit pretty rapidly. I can't even begin to tell you how bad it got, but at one point, I even had him arrested and dragged off to jail kicking and screaming from his own bedroom. Even his family was behind me and actually encouraged me to follow through. BUT ... once he was released, the family pretty much turned on me (except for Curt) and sided with Tony because he was "family". Tony had problems and Booger is probably the only other one "here" who had witnessed them. Even HE got caught up in Tony's web at one point ... but that's another story that won't be told here. Let's just say, when it came to Tony, there was a Jekyll and Hyde that nobody here knew about, but I caught hell from a LOT of people here because all they knew was one side of the story (his side) and I was the bad guy as far as anybody here knew. That's the closest I ever came to leaving this place for good. But enough of that.

The only reason I brought that up is the fact that nobody ever knew how shitty I felt when he passed away before we ever mended our broken fences. He died while we pretty much hated each other. Just keep in mind, when things get nasty here it may seem fine today, but we're not getting any younger and some of you (us) may regret certain broken friendships that will never have the chance to be re-instated. NOT because you didn't want to ... but because it became impossible. There's nothing worse than going through the rest of your life wishing you'd had the chance to say, "I'm sorry, shake hands and go fishing!"

But ... on the flip-side ... there are some assholes that when they start shoveling the dirt on top of their casket, all you can think is "good riddance" ... in that case, ignore everything I said above. (sorry, but as you know, I always like to take BOTH sides of a situation into account) :D

Captain
10-27-2015, 04:14 AM
And THAT was your short reply? :D

Thumper
10-27-2015, 06:18 AM
You should have seen the one I deleted.

Captain
10-27-2015, 07:18 AM
Let's don't and say we did. :D

Thumper
10-27-2015, 08:14 AM
Read my lips .... BITE ME!! :biggrin

Nandy
10-27-2015, 06:10 PM
Hush cappy, I want the long version...

Captain
10-27-2015, 06:20 PM
Hush cappy, I want the long version...
You're a sucker for pain Nandy!
YOU musta got the spanking last night.

Nandy
10-27-2015, 06:42 PM
You're a sucker for pain Nandy!

Nope but I nominate myself: :GH Shit Disturber

YOU musta got the spanking last night.

You bet your butt I did!!!!!:happy

LJ3
10-27-2015, 06:58 PM
Sounds like it was YOUR butt that was up for the bidding last night, Nando... Some things can't be unseen but I'll be right back after I try to wash my eyeballs.

Nandy
10-27-2015, 07:03 PM
At least I did not made you puke in your mouth a little.....