BKB

LJ3
10-26-2015, 09:13 PM
I see what you did there.

Although hairy bud conjurs up something completely differnt

airbud7
10-27-2015, 09:07 AM
I dam sure was...Hangovers hurt more than they used to... :banghead

BTW: I turn 52 on Jan 1 yes I'm a new years baby(1964)

BarryBobPosthole
10-27-2015, 09:09 AM
Well look what the cat drug in.

airbud7
10-27-2015, 09:16 AM
I had to screw down roof on a pole barn 16' up too...I was sure glad when it started raining/no slip in slide for us...

Thumper
10-27-2015, 09:25 AM
BTW: I turn 52 on Jan 1 yes I'm a new years baby(1964)

You just ruined Sunshine's day. ;)

I assume you had to go through the same thing I did as a kid. Since my birthday was in January (18th) I had to start school a year later than my friends the same age. All through school, I was always a tad older than many of my classmates.

BarryBobPosthole
10-27-2015, 09:30 AM
well, that and repeating third grade all those times.

BKB

airbud7
10-27-2015, 09:36 AM
yea thump^...I think you had to be 6yo before dec 31 to start 1st grade...

Thumper
10-27-2015, 09:56 AM
yea thump^...I think you had to be 6yo before dec 31 to start 1st grade...

Yessir ... I didn't know if that had changed over the years, but that's how it was back then. My friends went into first grade, but I went to kindergarten instead. Kinda sucked. :(

And bite me P-hole ... it was 4th grade ... and 6th ... and ..... ;)

Chicken Dinner
10-27-2015, 10:00 AM
I think it's earlier now in most states. My sister is December 18th and started when she was 5. My older boy is December 20th and had to wait. The cut off here is now September 30.

DeputyDog
10-27-2015, 10:21 AM
It's a September cut-off here too. My son's birthday is June 2, and could be in Kindergarten this year, but with my wife being a teacher, she made it clear that he would be starting Kindergarten at 6, so he's in his second year of pre-school. He'll be one of the oldest in his class instead of one of the youngest.

Thumper
10-27-2015, 10:43 AM
The sucky part for me was that I had 3 close buddies I grew up with and we were all the same age (all 4 of us within 6 months of each other). They ALL started school a year before me and I went through school a year behind them. Odd, but after all those years, we've remained close. One is actually my "brother" in a way. His dad was an abusive alcoholic and his mom was a real angel. My buddy practically lived with us anyway (to stay away from his dad) and when his mom came down with cancer, her dying request was for us to take care of her son. I think we were about 12 or 13 when she died and he lived with us full time from that point forward. He's a little less than 6 months older (July 29).

The other dude is still a very close friend to this day. He retired last year and he's the one who hits the estate sales with me every weekend. Our birthdays are persactly 90 days apart (him Oct. 18 and me Jan. 18).

The third buddy was killed 8 years ago when he was hit by a car while riding his bicycle. RIP "Stevie Wonder". :(

August 24, 2007

Orlando -- A 55-year-old Orlando man died Wednesday from injuries he suffered in a traffic accident earlier this month. The death of Stephen A. Hankins was Orlando's 23rd traffic death of the year, according to the Orlando Police Department. Hankins was on his bicycle when he pulled in front of a car going south on Bumby Avenue on Aug. 8. The car's driver, 25-year-old Keith Richard, tried to avoid a crash but struck Hankins with the front of his car. Hankins was taken to Orlando Regional Medical Center, where he died this week from his injuries.

When he was killed, his sister took an old photo and made coffee mugs for us. Problem is, my buddy (who hits the estate sales with me) took the pic, so he's not shown. That's my "brother" on the left, "Stevie Wonder" in the center and me on the right. Lifetime friendships are precious.....