PDA

View Full Version : World Series Thread

BarryBobPosthole
10-27-2015, 09:38 AM
This oughta be a good one. Two teams whose fans are annoying as hell but you have to give them credit for hanging in there.

I think I'm pulling for KC, mainly because I like to watch Zobrist and Cain play and I like it that Ned Yost is winning and all the people who criticized his managerial skills are not. I'll pull for them at least on the nights Cueto isn't pitching. I can't stand that asshole.

On the Mets, its always fun to see Viola pitch. Did he make their post season roster? Other than that, they only have the best dad gum pitching staff in baseball.

Oughta be interesting.

BKB

Chicken Dinner
10-27-2015, 09:45 AM
You know you really summed it my problem with this match. I hate the freakin' Mets for obvious reasons and I live around a bunch of annoying Royals fans. They're good people and all. But, they're all from KC and I never heard a peep about baseball from any of them until late last season when KC started making a move. I just can't find a rooting interest for either side. I was really hoping the Cubs would make it so I could bust your chops.

On a baseball related note, I think the Nats are bringing Black and Baker back for second interviews. I honestly don't know much about either one of them. The talking heads are giving Black the edge as of now. Aren't you a big Dusty Baker fan Barry?

BarryBobPosthole
10-27-2015, 09:59 AM
Oh yeah, I just love Dusty Baker.

Bud Black might be a good choice. He got shafted at San Diego.

BKB

Chicken Dinner
10-27-2015, 10:02 AM
Oh yeah, I just love Dusty Baker.

Ha!

BarryBobPosthole
10-27-2015, 10:07 AM
Dusty Baker needs to go to Miami where he can dodder around the dugout until he retires.

I' e been wondering why the Dodgers haven't looked at Kirk Gibson. He didn't do that terrible at Arizona and has some good Dodger tradition in him. Strangely, I haven't heard his name come up.

BKB

Captain
10-27-2015, 10:26 AM
This needs to be moved to the Base-a-ball forum. ;)

DeputyDog
10-27-2015, 10:28 AM
I always loved watching Gibby as a Tiger and that World Series at-bat as a Dodger was one for the ages.

BarryBobPosthole
10-27-2015, 10:29 AM
Sad news. I just read where Kirk Gibson was diagnosed with Parkinsons.

DD, that walkoff was one for the ages.

BKB

Chicken Dinner
10-27-2015, 10:30 AM
That's a good question, Barry. It seems to me that Management, sports team management in particular, seems to be very reactionary. They will typically do the opposite of what didn't work last time figuring that what they "need". For example, the Nats hired Matt Williams who was a first time manager. Now, they're going to go out and find themselves a grizzled veteran. The Dodgers probably figure they need someone other than a former MLB star player. So, no love for Gibson.

Chicken Dinner
10-27-2015, 10:31 AM
And, bite me Larke. We'd start a baseball forum, but the NASCAR forum took up our last slot on the site.

BarryBobPosthole
10-27-2015, 10:38 AM
Speaking of new forums, I do have a recommendation for the site. Airbud's titty posts got me to thinking about it. We should have a, for lack of a better word, NSFW forum where folks can post those kinds of posts. It doesn't bother me, but I think there's some who'd rather not see it and it might be a good idea to put them somewhere other than the main forum. We could set it up where the forum would be normally closed and we'd give access to it only to people who wanted access to it.

Please don't take this as a criticism. Just something I thought of as I was trying to figure out if it was the left one or the right one was deflated.

BKB

Chicken Dinner
10-27-2015, 10:47 AM
We could just use the Fishing Forum based on how much activity that place sees.

BarryBobPosthole
10-27-2015, 10:58 AM
Speaking of, I'm liking what's going on now with those posts. Everyone can post them here and the we move them to the forum they belong. Maybe we do that with the NSFW stuff too. We still mark it NSFW and then we just move it after a day or two on the main forum. I dunno. Its no big deal to me but it might for some. They can speak for themselves.

BKB

Captain
10-27-2015, 12:11 PM
Speaking of, I'm liking what's going on now with those posts. Everyone can post them here and the we move them to the forum they belong. Maybe we do that with the NSFW stuff too. We still mark it NSFW and then we just move it after a day or two on the main forum. I dunno. Its no big deal to me but it might for some. They can speak for themselves. BKB
You are welcome! :-) I try to move the hunting and fishing post once a month. One thing that would help me would be if everyone would somehow work in the wording of hunting, or fishing or trip report or anything that can help me find them. Contrary to what Sunny thinks there are a LOT of post each month, especially when I have to view so many because I cannot remember if it is a hunting or fishing thread. That sure would be helpful.
As far as the Nekkid post go, there ain't no male walking that enjoys seeking a pretty Nekkid woman as much as I do, But we have always pretty much limited the nekkidness to some picture that sorta went along with something we were taking about at the time usually as a joke or poke at a member (usually Thumper) ;) Like Barry I'm not saying we should restrict the post, even though Airbuds post the other night seemed out of place to me. No issue. I mean the Internet is FULL of every Nekkid picture on the world and I just don't see a need to really post it here unless it's done in a picking manner or some funny offhand picture.
That's just MY thoughts, and worth nothing but that. Thoughts. If we want NSFW room I'll be glad to move those in there just as I'm doing the hunting and fishing threads. Please label them NSFW and I'll move them as soon as I see them.

LJ3
10-27-2015, 01:25 PM
Speaking of new forums, I do have a recommendation for the site. Airbud's titty posts got me to thinking about it. We should have a, for lack of a better word, NSFW forum where folks can post those kinds of posts. It doesn't bother me, but I think there's some who'd rather not see it and it might be a good idea to put them somewhere other than the main forum. We could set it up where the forum would be normally closed and we'd give access to it only to people who wanted access to it.

Please don't take this as a criticism. Just something I thought of as I was trying to figure out if it was the left one or the right one was deflated.

BKB

We'd have to get permission from the little dicktater that controls our every move around here in all his spare time. ifyouknowwhatimean

BarryBobPosthole
10-27-2015, 01:35 PM

Thumper
10-27-2015, 02:01 PM
I gots yer dicktater right here Ticboy! ;)

http://20771u4biuu92ycq56s35ln19op.wpengine.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/5/uploads/scanner/RTPYv.jpg

BarryBobPosthole
10-27-2015, 02:03 PM
Oh high and mighty birdbrain. He was talking about Birdbraiin#2 around here. The LITTLE Dicktater

BKB

DeputyDog
10-27-2015, 02:05 PM
That second one is closer. He's wearing Carolina blue.

Thumper
10-27-2015, 02:22 PM
When it comes to the nudie shots, I'm kind of on the same page as youse dufes. I guess there's been basically an unofficial line in the sand around here on what's deemed acceptable and it's been fairly well followed. Of course newbies would have no clue where that line is. It's kinda like back in the day, Playboy would fit here ok ... Penthouse if careful consideration is taken into account before posting and Hustler would probably cross the line. BUT ... we really have no defined rules and we've pretty well self-regulated ourselves. When I saw those pics the other day, the first thing that came to mind was ... maybe a bit much. For example, I wonder what Mrs. Niner would think if she still checks in here (Sunny is used to it by now). Just the other day we had a thread going about Hillary Clinton and I had a pic I was itching to post, but it was sketchy (IMO) and after some thought, I figured I'd pass.

Tough call. I don't mind the pics personally ... I'm just not accustomed to seeing them here I guess and I get an odd "uncomfortable" feeling when the imaginary line is crossed. Kinda like I get with Ticboy's "F-bombs". :D

LJ3
10-27-2015, 03:00 PM
I already created the forum so it's a thing now.

Captain
10-27-2015, 03:41 PM
Bite me all youse...

BarryBobPosthole
10-27-2015, 09:27 PM
This delay is a product of replay in baseball that most people (including me) didn't think of. If the TV production truck goes down, they can't play because they'd have no feed for challenges or replays.

Wow.

Play friggin ball. we played for a hundred years without instant replay.

BKB

Chicken Dinner
10-27-2015, 09:31 PM
I only had one eye on it. Is it one of the local feeds they're showing now instead of Fox?

Nandy
10-27-2015, 09:59 PM

BKB

Writing NSFW or whatever like that is fine with me. If we establish a forum for such risque activities i guess it is an invitation to partake on it and an unofficial "is ok to post whatever". AND, let me be clear, them pictures does not offend me at all, I love to watch the female body, what worries me is the other people that will be put off by such nudity...

Nandy
10-27-2015, 10:00 PM
oh well, I see Len got it rolling. Now that we have it y'all better use it!!!!! lol!

BarryBobPosthole
10-27-2015, 10:05 PM
Can we set it up so you have to be given access to it to see the posts there? That way nobody can accidently view what's in there.

BKB

BarryBobPosthole
10-27-2015, 11:05 PM
Ben Zobrist is goong to make a lot of money next year. Man I'd love to see him in a Cardinal uniform.

BKB

BarryBobPosthole
10-27-2015, 11:05 PM
And I mean that in as much a non gay way as possible.

BKB

Nandy
10-27-2015, 11:32 PM
And I mean that in as much a non gay way as possible.

BKB

kaboom!

BarryBobPosthole
10-27-2015, 11:33 PM
And Alex Gordon will be a free agent as well.

BKB

Nandy
10-27-2015, 11:33 PM
Can we set it up so you have to be given access to it to see the posts there? That way nobody can accidently view what's in there.

BKB

Yes, len can assign that board to be seen just to the, lets say, NSFW user group, then he can assign whoever wants to be able to see that forum to that user group and it is all done....

Lenster, you got work to do!!!!! lol!!!!

BarryBobPosthole
10-28-2015, 09:25 PM
Okay, so here's another opinion of mine y'all can call me a leftist foodie for.

Last night, the Royals pitcher, Edinson Volquez's father died before the start of the game. The Royals decided not to tell him and even told some of their staff to keep the secret from him until after the game.

I'm not sure why people aren't telling the royals to go fuck themselves for treating theor guy this way. That just frigging sucks if you ask me.

But nobody did.

BKB

LJ3
10-28-2015, 09:31 PM
Wow. That's fucked up. Seriously fucked up. no sport or game is more important than family.

Chicken Dinner
10-28-2015, 09:33 PM
First I heard about it was tonight and they were saying that the family asked them to keep it from him. If that's not true, the Royals have some explaining to do.

LJ3
10-28-2015, 09:34 PM
I'll give them a pass if it was from the family. They would know the right thing to do and should have been the ones making the call.

Chicken Dinner
10-28-2015, 09:41 PM
Post is reporting that the Nats have hired Bud Black.

BarryBobPosthole
10-28-2015, 09:43 PM
Good choice and good guy. Glad to see him get a good post after getting fucked over royally by the Pods.

BKB

Chicken Dinner
10-28-2015, 09:46 PM
What happened there? I don't really know the history. I read the players really liked him and I know Williams list the clubhouse in the second half this past year. So, makes sense from that perspective.

BarryBobPosthole
10-28-2015, 09:54 PM
Here's little bit about it. Basically he wasn't left to manage.
BKB

http://www.latimes.com/sports/sportsnow/la-sp-sn-padres-fire-manager-bud-black-20150615-story.html

Chicken Dinner
10-28-2015, 10:02 PM
Link?

Your boy Johnny Cueto is on a roll tonight.🙀