PDA

View Full Version : My daughter would be proud...

Nandy
10-27-2015, 09:17 PM
2 Dehydrators at the same time.... last batch... I was kinda choosy with the meat. I got close to 20 lbs of meat out of that doe for the jerky and end up with a bit over 7 pounds of dried jerky. I have 3 different recipes (2 commercial, one home made) and so far I am sticking with the home made one which I will probably make a few changes but it is great as it is. Those commercial packages are just too expensive.

http://i305.photobucket.com/albums/nn215/nandy_temp/20151027_164045.jpg

I will get a taste of this one tomorrow...

BarryBobPosthole
10-27-2015, 09:23 PM
I was up in the attic room getting the high chair out for young Noah and saw my dehydrator sitting neglected on a shelf. I need to go down home and pop a doe on my parents place I guess.
And my pepper plants made a late summer comeback and it looks like I'm going to get enough tabasco peppers to make a gallon or so of red pepper sauce. Not sure if I'll make green this time or not, but I'm gonna try!

BKB

Nandy
10-27-2015, 09:51 PM
I can do stuff that hot anymore. Best I can is 2 tablespoons of flaked hot peppers. Next try I think I am going to actually grind the hot pepper flakes and see if the spice is more consistent. right now every strip will have some heat but it tends to vary. Not sure it will help but I will give it a try if I remember.
Now, talking about neglect, my smoker has not been used I believe in over a year....