PDA

View Full Version : Thump, quershun for you.....

Big Muddy
10-27-2015, 11:13 PM
During your estate sale escapades, do you ever run across any duck calls???....the older ones have become a hot item, down here....however, even some of the newer ones bring good money, but it just depends on the call maker.

Thumper
10-28-2015, 12:38 AM
Very, very few Muddy. I've run across some of the usual, common Wally World type calls ... in fact, I have a couple of those around here someplace. I have found a few old decoys and I know some of those bring good money, but every time I've found them, the sale was put on by companies who are generally priced too high for my liking. I'm a re-seller, so I have to be able to buy "wholesale" in order to sell "retail" and make a profit. I run across MANY items that would be a good deal IF I were buying for myself to keep and use, but to re-sell, there sometimes just isn't enough room to make a profit. I have my time/travel/gas (to/from sales as well as Post Office/FedEx), cost of the item itself, my store fees, my eBay fees, my PayPal fees, my shipping costs (including postage/boxes/bubble wrap/mailing labels/ink carts/etc.) to take into account. It's like any other business ... there are expenses that have to be covered. But back to the calls, so far I haven't found any that excite me. I'm not so sure duck hunting is that big a deal in this area anyway, but if I run across any, you can bet I'll check 'em out!

Big Muddy
10-28-2015, 01:40 AM
That's a good explanation.

Captain
10-28-2015, 07:19 AM
That's a good explanation.
Muddy, is it a good explanation because it answered your question or because it less than 10,000 words? ;) :D

Thumper
10-28-2015, 09:10 AM
Muddy, is it a good explanation because it answered your question or because it less than 10,000 words? ;) :D

I have only TWO words for you. I think you can figure out what they are. Now go get your stool ... I'll wait. ;)

Big Muddy
10-28-2015, 09:11 AM
Cap, in Thump's case, I would have to say BOTH. ;)

Bwana
10-28-2015, 09:25 AM
Any chance you have any Tritronics remote dog collar transmitters sitting around in your inventory Thump?

The transmitter for my old dog's e-collar appears to be fubar and given she is getting older I don't want to spend the coin on a new unit so decided to look for a used one. So far no luck.

Thumper
10-28-2015, 09:47 AM
Awww dang! I just went to a sale a few weeks ago that had a PILE of training collars and tracking collars. He had a ton of hunting gear and it was easy to tell he was a dog hunter (big down here, especially in swampy areas). I tend to shy away from much of the electronic stuff like that because I have no way to test anything. It's a roll of the dice, but I'd have to think most of the stuff works, it's just that I'm not much of a gambler. Crap! I don't remember the brands, but he seemed like a serious dog guy, so I'm sure there was no junk there. Bummer.

Thumper
10-28-2015, 09:52 AM
BTW, I just glanced at eBay and there are a few used one's for sale. I don't know what you're looking for persactly or what you want to pay, but you might keep an eye on the listings. They change daily.

There's a LOT to wade through here, but you can narrow the search down by putting the specifics of what you want into the search window.

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=m570.l1313&_nkw=tritronics+dog+collar&_sacat=0

Hombre
10-28-2015, 01:28 PM
Bwana, message me I have one

Bwana
10-28-2015, 02:11 PM
Did and done if I still have the correct #.

I have an old G2 Sport 60 if I recall the model # correctly. It has a dial with 5 or 6 settings and three operating buttons for tone, momentary, and continuous modes.