PDA

View Full Version : Hey Thump

Bwana
10-28-2015, 08:46 AM
Is there any market on the 'bay for old wrenches?

I bought a pile of them for a pittance on my dad's sale last weekend (he was pissed I didn't just grab them before the sale started) with the intent of giving the good ones to my two boys. That being said there are several OLD wrenches in the bunch I thought I would try to sell or just toss, any chance they are worth anything?

Thumper
10-28-2015, 09:30 AM
I sell a TON of wrenches. Many of the old one's are grabbed up by collectors. I bought one once and had no idea what it was until I researched it. Turned out to be from a tool kit on a WWII Jeep and brought mega-bucks! Those WWII collectors pay through the nose to fill out a set. Especially if they show the vehicle and get penalized if it's not a correct part. Check to see if any of them have the FORD logo, I sell a ton of Model T, Model A and vintage tractor tools ... the old cars/trucks/tractors came with tool kits. Cappy collects FORD tools also, but I think he has most of them. BTW, keep the Craftsman tools for the kids, you can't give them away (too plentiful) and can barely cover postage unless it's rare or special in some way. Snap-on sells well and other misc. vintage tools. Many are only worth their weight in scrap. So, that didn't tell you a darn thing, did it? ;)

BarryBobPosthole
10-28-2015, 09:45 AM
If you find any old wenches, kindly keep them to yourself.

BKB

Thumper
10-28-2015, 09:56 AM
I send those to Cappy. I should see a few around here on the 31st. ;)

Bwana
10-28-2015, 11:41 AM
Will have to sort through the 40+ wrenches I bought to see if there are any treasures or just tools.

Thanks Thump.