PDA

View Full Version : Anybody want a couple hunnert pallets'o "stuff"?

Thumper
10-28-2015, 07:33 PM
I've been on this mailing list for quite a while, but have never done anything with it. I did play around with a State auction once and I won! I'm thinkin' I may have been the only bidder because I paid pennies ($350.00 maybe?) and got one heck of a deal on a frigging truckload of outboard boat motors! It was about 3-4 pallets of outboards (mostly 10/15HP up to about 35HP or so) ... seems like they were all Mercs and were in all sorts of various conditions. They were from the Fish & Game Dept and various other State agencies. Some appeared to be brand new ... like they'd been mounted on a boat but never used ... maybe emergency rescue stuff that never got called out. (?) Evidently they only keep stuff so long before it gets replaced whether it saw service or not. Anyway, I made a small fortune selling the stuff, but I had to arrange my own transportation. So, I hooked up my trailer and headed to some State Prison in North Florida (no clue why it was stored there). They were kind enough to provide a forklift and got me loaded up in no time flat. What was cool, I had a couple of the motors pre-sold to some guy on the Gulf Coast (I delivered them on the way home) and the proceeds paid for my bid PLUS my transportation costs, so it was all pure profit from there on out!

Anyway, this is something like 200 pallets of Home Depot stuff. Seems if someone had a mom & pop hardware store or even a second hand store of some type, you could accumulate quite a bit of inventory at these sales. BUT ... ya' gots ta' figure in transportation costs. They sometimes have car parts, appliances, electronics, tools ... name it, it'll pop up eventually. I wish I had the front money and storage space to play with stuff like this.

http://app.liqimg.com/e/es.aspx?s=1526081490&e=187225&elq=d267ed4cdea240b28125bacfed26a6a6

Captain
10-28-2015, 07:42 PM
I wish I had the front money and storage space to play with stuff like this.

Told you to buy a four door truck.... :D

Thumper
10-28-2015, 08:09 PM
Store it in my truck??? ;)

Captain
10-28-2015, 08:13 PM
You said you need storage space. ;)

Thumper
10-29-2015, 07:50 AM
Sorry ... left to sit in front of the tv and get ready for the debate last night. The moderators at CNBC should be lined up a shot. What a joke.

Well Cappy, I was gonna be a smart-ass and throw the extra bed length at'cha, but I just learned sumpin' new. This year, Toyota has two options for the 4-door, a "short" wheelbase as well as a "long" wheelbase. My Access Cab has a 73.7-inch-long bed. The 4-door has a 60.5-inch bed ... BUT, they also have a longer wheelbase 4-door with a 73.7-inch bed. I didn't know that. Prolly 'cause I don't want/need a 4-door so I never paid it no nevermind. ;)