PDA

View Full Version : How to determine your religion......

Big Muddy
10-30-2015, 09:54 AM

Bwana
10-30-2015, 12:28 PM
That works.

Thumper
10-30-2015, 12:50 PM
Well .... I DO like bacon. ;)

LJ3
10-30-2015, 01:08 PM
I'd like to wind up a Buddhist but they don't have bacon in the flow chart. This is BS!

BarryBobPosthole
10-30-2015, 01:17 PM
There's no agnostic on there. And no pink pants either.

BKB

Chicken Dinner
10-30-2015, 02:57 PM
Bacon is proof that Jesus loves us and not the Muslims.

BarryBobPosthole
10-30-2015, 03:09 PM
Bacon is also one area where we are head and shoulders above our Canadian neighbors.

Their single payor bacon is only good for pizza topping.

BKB

johnboy
10-30-2015, 04:42 PM
What's a "single payor bacon"? Canadian bacon? Peameal bacon? Don't care much for it myself but the Missus loves it for some reason. I've been buying packs of bacon ends or trimmings instead of the regular sliced stuff. Good!

airbud7
10-30-2015, 05:22 PM

Big Muddy
10-30-2015, 05:36 PM
The ultimate sammich is a PBJ-Bacon sammich....it's even a health food....fruit, nuts, grain....and, pigs DO eat corn. ;)

airbud7
10-30-2015, 05:52 PM
The ultimate sammich is a PBJ-Bacon sammich....

lmao^ I gotta try it :lmao

Hombre
10-30-2015, 09:28 PM
Johnboy I do the same, love bacon ends.....just a more there to love...a little thicker..

Thumper
10-31-2015, 12:18 AM
The ultimate sammich is a PBJ-Bacon sammich....it's even a health food....fruit, nuts, grain....and, pigs DO eat corn. ;)

I'm right there with ya' Muddy. On occasion I even throw a sunny-side-up egg on there!

When I lived in California and was working in Hollywood, there was a burger joint where I'd sometimes have lunch. I can't remember the name of it, but it was close to 30 years ago. They had a menu of a bazillion different gourmet burgers and one of them was a PB&J Burger. I made some comment about it while ordering my lunch one day and the owner dared me to try it, then added if I didn't like it, I not only wouldn't have to pay for it, he'd give me the burger of my choice free! I took him up on it and it was one of the best damn burgers I'd ever eaten! It then became my regular order when I ate there. I still request one from time to time when Lynn makes burgers. (PB&Grape Jelly).

(One of my dad's favorites was a mayo and banana sammich.)

Big Muddy
10-31-2015, 08:31 AM
Good 'un, Thump....when in high school, I'd get off the school bus after school, and head straight for the kitchen, before getting on a tractor....I'd make me a double-decker(Dagwood) sammich, using only two big slab slices of Vidalia onion, in between three slices of Mom's homemade sourdough bread, and slathered with her homemade mayonnaise....man, that big ole sammich would keep me wide-awake, driving the tractor to pitch dark. ;)

BarryBobPosthole
10-31-2015, 08:39 AM
I thought I was the only one who ate onion sandwiches.

BKB

Big Muddy
10-31-2015, 08:43 AM
Speaking of your Dad, liking banana sammiches, Thump....there's a widow woman in our church who makes the most awesome banana-pecan bread....she uses bananas which have ripened so far that they are totally black and mushy....most folks would throw them in the garbage.
I, occasionally, take her a too-ripened bunch of ours, and she'll make us a couple of loaves....wifey will warm it up, and put a big dollop of Cool-Whip on top....it's great with a big cup of black coffee.

Big Muddy
10-31-2015, 08:47 AM
I thought I was the only one who ate onion sandwiches.

BKB

It's an acquired taste for sure isn't it, Phole???....good stuff !!!! ;)

Thumper
10-31-2015, 10:40 AM
My grandfather (Dad's side) ate onion sammiches ... in fact, I've seen him many times take a fresh onion from the garden and eat it (onion only) like an apple! I'm not a big raw onion fan ... or if I eat 'em, they need to be mild, preferably Vidalias. On sumpin' like a burger, I'll usually opt out (I'll even pick 'em out of my salad), but finely diced on a hot dog or taco, no prob. Now sauteed onions? I'll eat them on darned near anything from onion soup to liver & onions. I also love onion rings. Cook 'em, I'll eat 'em. Go figure.

As for the banana-nut bread, Lynn makes a killer version (usually pecans or walnuts) and we have an endless supply of bananas. People are kinda strange sometimes. They have free breakfast at the Hyatt and the hotel buys bananas by the case. BUT, people will not eat the damned things if they have a tiny little brown spot on them. I'm not talking about a bruise, I mean a "freckle" on the peel. They'll choose an unripened banana with a flawless peel over a perfectly ripened banana with spots. Most get trashed (just too many of 'em to keep) but she brings home tons of the "rejects". We'll eat what we can, but we'll freeze what we can't. The skins can be totally BLACK, but they're perfect for banana-nut bread! The only downside is I make sure I'm up on my Prilosec ... that stuff gives me KILLER heartburn if I'm not careful!

Big Muddy
10-31-2015, 10:58 AM
Yep, same here, Thump....you gotta chew up any kinda nuts really good, or they'll lodge in the passage-way of your duodenum, and keep it from closing properly, and you'll get the acid reflux....sucks big time!!!

BarryBobPosthole
10-31-2015, 10:58 AM
We eat a lot of bananas too. They usually don't stay in the bowl long enough to get overripe.

BKB

BarryBobPosthole
10-31-2015, 10:59 AM
Yep, same here, Thump....you gotta chew up any kinda nuts really good, or they'll lodge in the passage-way of your duodenum, and keep it from closing properly, and you'll get the acid reflux....sucks big time!!!

Is this a fancy way of saying your butthole slams shit?

BKB

Big Muddy
10-31-2015, 11:13 AM

BKB

HA, yep, and your turds won't have those nice tapered ends. ;)

Thumper
10-31-2015, 11:27 AM

BKB

Now THAT'S kind of a fitting typo! :D

BarryBobPosthole
10-31-2015, 11:32 AM
Hahahaha you're restored to Junior Noticer status!

BKB

Thumper
10-31-2015, 11:37 AM
Do I get a badge?? :hello