PDA

View Full Version : Rock Chalk Jayhawks

BarryBobPosthole
10-31-2015, 08:29 AM
I still don't know what the hell that means. Maybe Hombre can explain it since he speaks Kansanian. I guess they weren't witty enough to make up some plain language yell like 'Boomer Sooner'.

So we play the Basketball school from Kansas. Sooners are hoping for a football-basketball sweep of the Jayhawkers (Fess Parker) over the next few months. We just might have the basketball team to do it this season too!

Today's game is going to be a laugher. We'll hang half a hunnerd on them by halftime. Kansas is rebuilding. They wouldn't know how to handle a good football program there though. They are a basketball school!

Any good matchups elsewhere today? I see Ole Piss is playing Auburn. That might be a good one.

BKB

BarryBobPosthole
10-31-2015, 09:39 AM
Hahahahaha....poor Urban. I don't know what an OVI is compared ro DUI/DWI but Ohio States QB is MIA afer getting arrested. The OSU AD says its totally up to Urban how long his suspension will be.

Any bets on what he gives him?

I'm betting zero.

BKB

Big Muddy
10-31-2015, 09:55 AM
Ole Piss is a 7-1/2 point favorite....just depends if QB Kelly got a piece of azz, last night ;)....they say he plays better, after getting laid.
They playing at Auburn, so the Aubbies might have a fighting chance.
I see Auburn only winning one more game this season, against Idaho....a 5-7 record and no bowl appearance is gonna send Malzahn to Soggy Creek Junior College....Muschamp will be Auburn's new head coach.

Big Muddy
10-31-2015, 09:57 AM
Hahahahaha....poor Urban. I don't know what an OVI is compared ro DUI/DWI but Ohio States QB is MIA afer getting arrested. The OSU AD says its totally up to Urban how long his suspension will be.

Any bets on what he gives him?

I'm betting zero.

BKB

What's up, I haven't heard???

BarryBobPosthole
10-31-2015, 10:03 AM
Their starting QB got arrested for OVI, whoch sounds like the drivng impaired charge that you get if flunk a field sobriety test but blow under the legal limit. Maybe Deppity Dawg can clarify the Ohio terminology.

So it wasn't serious, but he was booked. Details are still coming out. And somehow, this doesn't fall under the OSU drug and alcohol policy. Go figure that one.

BKB

Big Muddy
10-31-2015, 10:08 AM
WTF!!!....sub-Urban won't do sheeit about it.

Just looked it up....according to Ohio State Bar Assn:---"""The acronyms DUI, DWI, OMVI and OVI all refer to the same thing: operating a vehicle under the influence of alcohol or drugs."""

I.E.:

Q: What happens if I test well over the legal limit for alcohol?
A: Ohio currently has enhanced minimum penalties for so called “high tier” test results (alcohol levels that are considerably higher than the legal limits). The high tier test results are .17 for breath and blood, .204 for blood serum or plasma, and .238 for urine. The enhanced penalties for “high tier” offenders double the minimum jail time requirement.

Q: If I’m under age 21, are the legal limits different?
A: Yes. If you are under 21, the legal limit is much lower: .02 for breath or blood, .03 for blood serum or plasma, and .028 for urine. This means that even the slightest amount of consumption of alcohol can place you over the legal limit.

Q: Can I be convicted of OVI if I refuse to take a test of my breath, blood or urine?
A: Yes. The law presumes that, if you operate a vehicle and are found to be at or over the “legal limit,” you are guilty of OVI. However, Ohio law allows you to argue against this presumption of guilt, within limits, in court. If it is proven that the alcohol level in your system is at or over the legal limit, you can be convicted of OVI even if you show no other signs of being under the influence.

Serious sheeit!!!

quercus alba
10-31-2015, 10:28 AM
Arkansas vs Tenn Martin will probably be a lot closer than it should be.

Thumper
10-31-2015, 10:52 AM
Arkansas vs Tenn Martin will probably be a lot closer than it should be.

Tennessee Martin ... my alma mater (Mech. Eng). Go Skyhawks! ;)

UTM is in a dry county and I used to make a small fortune boot-legging booze and cigarettes out of Fulton, Kentucky. I could almost retire after a coupl'a runs for Homecoming weekend! I should'a kept and framed my old fake ID from back in the day ... that thing was worth it's weight in gold. (I seriously doubt the liquor store owners ever thought it was real, but I did a TON of business with them, so I don't think they cared) :D

Big Muddy
10-31-2015, 11:10 AM
Liquor store owners prolly figured anybody who'd go to school at UTM needed all the liquor they could get. ;););)

Thumper
10-31-2015, 11:18 AM
Ha! Yeah, here I lived in Memphis at the time and could have stayed in town ... but UTM had the best Engineering program, so that's how that came about. It worked out fine ... I was dating two sisters at the time ... one went to Murray State (Kentucky) and the other went to Lambuth College (Jackson, Tennessee), so I was based right between the two schools!

Ohhh the good ol' days! ;)

Chicken Dinner
10-31-2015, 11:24 AM
My Wolfpack has Clempson today. Our only chance is that the game is in Raleigh. I'll be rooting them on anydamnway.

Go Pack! (For you cheer impaired fans.)

Big Muddy
10-31-2015, 11:25 AM
I was dating two sisters at the time ... ;)

Oh yeah, I remember you talking about them....Sister Angelica and Sister Celeste. ;)

Thumper
10-31-2015, 11:30 AM
Oh yeah, I remember you talking about them....Sister Angelica and Sister Celeste. ;)

No, that was the "mother/daughter" team ... Sister Celeste and Mother Angelica. (Oh boy ... I'd better stop this right now, or I'll for sure go to Hell! YOU started it!) ;)

Big Muddy
10-31-2015, 11:35 AM
Yep, real quick, you better say three hail Marys, and ask blessings on the pygmies in New Guinea!!! ;)

BarryBobPosthole
10-31-2015, 11:58 AM
He actually said 'crumbsnatchers', referring to Temple.

BKB

DeputyDog
10-31-2015, 02:21 PM
No, that was the "mother/daughter" team ... Sister Celeste and Mother Angelica. (Oh boy ... I'd better stop this right now, or I'll for sure go to Hell! YOU started it!) ;)

You mean this Mother Angelica?

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/wTzKf70MkEg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Thumper
10-31-2015, 05:09 PM
Ha ha ha! She looked a LOT younger when I knew her. ;)

quercus alba
10-31-2015, 05:33 PM
Ole miss is licking their chops looking at this crappy arkansas defense.

Chicken Dinner
10-31-2015, 09:58 PM
Sure we're an awful lot of points scored today.

Big Muddy
10-31-2015, 10:18 PM
Phole, I was curious about that Rock-Chalk-Jayhawk yell, myself, so I googled it:

"""The chant was first adopted by the university's science club in 1886. Chemistry professor E.H.S. Bailey and his colleagues were returning by train to Lawrence after a conference. During their travel, they discussed a need of a rousing yell. They came up with "Rah, Rah, Jayhawk, Go KU",[1] repeated three times, which later became "Rock Chalk Jayhawk, KU".

By 1889, "Rock Chalk"—a transposition of chalk rock, a type of limestone, that exists in the Cretaceous-age bedrocks of central and western parts of the state as well as on Mount Oread, where the University is located, which is similar to the coccolith-bearing chalk of the white cliffs of Dover—later replaced the two "rahs." Those responsible for the change are unknown, with Bailey himself crediting the geology department,[2] and others an English professor.[3]

Kansas troops have used it in the Philippine-American War in 1899, the Boxer Rebellion, and World War II.[4] In the 1911 Border War football game, over 1,000 fans gathered in downtown Lawrence to listen to a "broadcast" of the game by telegraph and participated in cheers including the Rock Chalk.[5]

In the 1920 Summer Olympics, Albert I of Belgium asked for a typical American college yell, and gathered athletes replied with the chant."""

Chicken Dinner
10-31-2015, 10:58 PM
I'm no 'Canes fan, but that was the most amazing ending I've ever seen. Right up there with the Flutie play. Holy cow!

Chicken Dinner
11-01-2015, 09:23 AM
I was a little embarrassed at how little defense NC State and Clemson played and then I saw the highlights from Okie Stare and Texas Tech. Does anybody tackle in the Big 12?

Hombre
11-01-2015, 11:26 AM
Postie I'm no Jayhawk, I'm a Wildcat...which their football team ain't much better this year. It's been a rough season to watch for a Kansas City Chiefs fan, and Wildcat fan. I did get to make a game at Levi stadium and watch the SF vs SEA game this year. That stadium is nice, but who ever decided to put a stadium in a city with 120,000 people oughta be shot. The infrastrucuture of a 120,000 person town is not set up to accommodate 75,000 new people in a day. Getting in and out of that stadium is horrendous. To top it off I think the SB is there this year.