PDA

View Full Version : Thumper

BarryBobPosthole
10-31-2015, 03:28 PM
Watching the truck race waiting for my ballgame to start and there was a Nemechek starting on the front row on a restart. A son, nephew or what of Joe Nemechek? Looks to be a well backed young driver. Driving a Yote too I think.

BKB

Captain
10-31-2015, 04:47 PM
Is it John Hunter Nemechek? If so that is Joe's son. They live just north of me in Mooresville, NC

Captain
10-31-2015, 04:51 PM
You sure it's a Yote? I thought they had Chevy horses in that barn?
Maybe it's someone else?

BarryBobPosthole
10-31-2015, 04:52 PM
I think when they listed him they used his initials, JH so must be him.

BKB

BarryBobPosthole
10-31-2015, 04:52 PM
I was thinkng I saw 8 running a Toyota. Might have been 88 come to think. I don't follow the trucks.

BKB

Captain
10-31-2015, 04:59 PM
Unless they switched over (I don't normally follow trucks either) they were running good trucks. ;) Chevy. :D Oh 8 and 88 are both are their numbers in the truck series

Thumper
10-31-2015, 05:31 PM
John is Joey's son ... he's named after Joey's brother (John's uncle) who was killed at Homestead just a few months before John was born.

I've pretty much lost contact with the family (I still run into Joey's mom, Martha every once in a while and occasionally Papa Joe). Joey is a "third' (three Joe's) and Papa Joe has a big machine shop locally. There's a bunch of 'em and if you don't know the family, it can get confusing.

I knew Joey's bro-in-law (George Crenshaw) ... married to Joey's sister (Marti Nemechek) and used to hang out at their house quite often for pool parties, BBQ's or just to watch a race. (George also raced for a few years in the Dash class until a bad crash at Daytona kinda scared him off) George is the nephew of a bazillionaire here in town ... the George Jenkins family of Publix Supermarket's fame (the stores are only in the S.E.).

Anyway, Joey finally built a house and shop in N.C. because ... well, because that's where ALL the race teams are. George and Marti sold the party house down here and moved up there to be closer to the action. Mom Martha and Papa Joe are still down here, but have a place up there also and spend a good part of racing season there.

We all used to hang out every Wednesday night and many Friday nights at a Wing place down here (Beef O'Brady's). That was a regular thing for many years, but has pretty much fizzled in the past few years.

Here's George's crash. He actually fielded two cars .... the 07 and the 70 ... Edward Howell drove the 70. He lives here locally also and was a regular at our Wednesday night beer and wing fests. ;) I was in George and Edwards pit for many of their races, but wasn't at Daytona for this one.

<iframe width="854" height="480" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/jPZUPOeQioY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

BarryBobPosthole
10-31-2015, 06:01 PM
Dang, my noticing skills must be hurting today, I could have sworn that both 8 and 88 were Toyotas. Must have been some sort of optical illusion Toyota is doing to make everything look their trucks.

BKB

Captain
10-31-2015, 06:22 PM
Probably an Optical Conclusion!
You been drinking that Toyota koolaid too much, or perhaps been mixing it with Jeremiah Weed... :D

BarryBobPosthole
10-31-2015, 06:26 PM
I have been having a hankering for some Weed. When college basketball starts I'll get a bottle of their bourbon liquour and sip on it a bit.

BKB

Captain
10-31-2015, 10:16 PM
I have been having a hankering for some Weed. BKB
Some of your reasoning on several topics of late would lend itself as evidence you have had plenty of weed... :D
Just saying. ;)