PDA

View Full Version : Kindle Question

Buckrub
11-01-2015, 04:41 PM
I have an Amazon Prime account (needed some stuff in 2 days, and tried the trial account, and liked it so kept it for now)............ but I can't figure out how to download (or even FIND) any of their 'free' books to download. I put the Amazon app on my phone, but that won't do it.

Friend of mine said (and he was NOT sure) that he tried it on his iPhone like I did, and it wouldn't work........that it ONLY works with a Kindle Fire tablet thingy.

Does anyone know for sure? I always try to buy a book or two to take to deer camp for nights when the guys can't stop watching 1980's movies and Fox News all night............and this would be ideal since I already have an account.

???????

Trav
11-01-2015, 05:12 PM
Bucky do you have the kindle App on your phone? You have to do that first and then you can go into Amazon and have the books downloaded to your device. Amazon has tons of free books, mostly the classics. I have about a hundred of the free books on my iPad, Samsung Note 3 and iPhone 6.

Buckrub
11-01-2015, 05:18 PM
OK, then I'm an idiot. And so is the guy who told me this won't work.

I have Note 3, and can't download a book.

Maybe you can talk me through it someday.........clearly Op Error.

Trav
11-01-2015, 05:40 PM
Sure no problem call anytime, I will pm you my ph #

DeputyDog
11-01-2015, 05:49 PM
I've got the Kindle app on an Ipad and Iphone and they work fine. The cool thing is if you read on one and then go back to the book on one of the others it will tell you that the "furthest read is at so and so location on whatever device, would you like to go to that location?".

Buckrub
11-01-2015, 06:41 PM
The Honorable and High Exalted Tech Support Guru Mr. Behrens fixed my problem over the phone. Cockpit error. Wrong account signed into on phone. Too many accounts, too many numbers, etc.

Bill is being sent to me in the mail.

Thanks, bro.

Trav
11-01-2015, 06:43 PM
You are welcome, I will let you buy me a frosty beverage as payment one day.