Thumper
11-01-2015, 05:53 PM
Ha ha ha! Now THAT is NASCAR justice!

Thumper
11-01-2015, 06:24 PM
Good win! That was really cool!

BarryBobPosthole
11-01-2015, 06:25 PM
You could see that coming from a mile away too.

Martinsville is a brawl ain't it.

BKB

Thumper
11-01-2015, 06:35 PM
Always a lot of scrap metal after Martinsville. I wonder if Danica was called to the trailer?

Captain
11-01-2015, 07:14 PM
Missed most of it. But got in just in time to see the 22 car get punted! I LOVE IT! What a great payback.

Captain
11-01-2015, 07:17 PM
What happened with Danica???

Thumper
11-01-2015, 08:03 PM
David Gilliland gave her the chrome horn earlier (she was holding him up) so she smacked into him in retribution, but f'd her own car up and had to go to the garage for repairs. When she came back out, she chased him up the track and smashed him against the wall. Problem is, she totaled her own car! :)

She needs to learn how to "f" with people without taking herowndamnself out!

Captain
11-01-2015, 08:06 PM
Ok. I did not see that one. I guess THAT would have been the news if the 20 and 22 event had not happened.

Thumper
11-01-2015, 08:11 PM
Actually, the announcers didn't make a big deal out of it and barely even mentioned it, although it was pretty danged blatant to me and they both should have ended up in the trailer. The funny part is, in the first incident, she came in behind him and was going to bump him in the rear ... so he stopped! She hit hard and tore the front end off her car! When she came back out of the garage, she was a loose cannon! Great show!

Thumper
11-01-2015, 08:18 PM
Here ya' go ...

http://www.nascar.com/en_us/news-media/franchises/all-videos.sprint-cup-series-martinsville-speedway-danica-patrick-retaliates-against-david-gilliland.4590479709001.html

BarryBobPosthole
11-01-2015, 08:24 PM
Martinsville tends to do that! More of a meat grinder than a race track. I can't decide if I like Bristol or Martinsville best.

BKB

Thumper
11-01-2015, 08:25 PM
Yeah, they both bring out some major frustrations and there are usually fireworks ... and I don't mean the aerial type. ;)

Captain
11-01-2015, 08:40 PM
Thanks for the link Thumper. Yep that's about as obvious as it could be. Wonder why they are not talking a lot about that one. ????

Thumper
11-01-2015, 09:01 PM
No clue. Maybe because it's typical Martinsville?? ;)

DeputyDog
11-02-2015, 08:44 AM
Probably because it was two also-rans and not any of the good drivers involved.

Thumper
11-02-2015, 09:02 AM
True Deppity ... I think Danica has run her course ... would you mind taking her back? ;)

BTW ... I assume you know Tony Stewart is retiring next year.

Chicken Dinner
11-02-2015, 09:10 AM
I thought we started a "NASCAR" forum for this motorized soap opera?

BarryBobPosthole
11-02-2015, 09:19 AM
True Deppity ... I think Danica has run her course ... would you mind taking her back? ;)

I wonder if we'll see a lift in the team with Smoke as a full time owner vs owner/driver. He's been kind of mailing it in since the accident. And by the way, I know it has to be tough but I also thnk the parents of the kid who got killed suing him is just plain bad.

BKB

Thumper
11-02-2015, 10:28 AM
I thought we started a "NASCAR" forum for this motorized soap opera?

Ha! And as I scan down the page I see at least THREE ball posts! ;)

BarryBobPosthole
11-02-2015, 10:31 AM
I just scratched my balls.

Now there's four.

BKB

Thumper
11-02-2015, 10:32 AM
Yeah P-hole, it seems these days, racing is becoming like ball ... "old" drivers just don't cut it anymore and youth has pretty well taken over. Dang, it seems these kids come in and kick ass, then start fading once they start pushing 30. It's a different era for sure.

Thumper
11-02-2015, 10:34 AM
I just scratched my balls.

Now there's four.

BKB

I guess I'm getting old too ... to scratch mine these days, I have to pull 'em up off the floor. ;)

BarryBobPosthole
11-02-2015, 10:44 AM
It makes me feel old to think that Smoke and Junior and Harvick among others used to be called The Young Guns and old fellers like Bill Elliot had to show them young smarties some manners once in a while.

BKB

Thumper
11-02-2015, 11:08 AM
I was talking about that with my neighbor just last night as we were both taking our trash to the curb at the same time (he's also a NASCAR fan). I remember watching Gordon come in as a YOUNG kid and immediately start kicking ass. Now he's retiring this year. Makes me feel old ... ok, ok ... older than I feel! It was good to see him win yesterday ... it's nice to get another one under his belt on his final year. Man-o-man, the crowd sure was into it!

BarryBobPosthole
11-02-2015, 11:14 AM
A big difference from when they were throwing beer cans and bottles at him at Talladega!

BKB

Thumper
11-02-2015, 11:40 AM
Ha ha ha! Yeah, Talladega was NOT the best race in the world to break Earnhardt's win record. He had a pretty loyal fan base there ... to say the least! ;)

DeputyDog
11-02-2015, 12:26 PM

I honestly don't think anyone would take her back. Yeah, the sponsor money is huge, but the schedule has too many road and street courses on it now, compared to when she was still in Indycar. There are 5 ovals, 5 road courses, and 5 street courses on next year's schedule. Danica wasn't very good when she had to turn both left and right despite coming up through the lower series in Europe. Unlike the tin-tops she's driving now, it takes a lot of upper body strength to sling an Indycar around, they don't have power steering.

Thumper
11-02-2015, 12:46 PM
Unlike the tin-tops she's driving now, it takes a lot of upper body strength to sling an Indycar around, they don't have power steering.

Yeah, but they only weigh 137 pounds! That's why they have those itty-bitty steering wheels. :D

BarryBobPosthole
11-02-2015, 12:48 PM
The G forces is what is amazing in Indy racing these days. When they first built The track in Texas, the Indy racers were having trouble passing out on the turns they were pulling. so many g's.

BKB

DeputyDog
11-02-2015, 01:00 PM
Yeah, but they only weigh 137 pounds! That's why they have those itty-bitty steering wheels. :D

Wouldn't those itty bitty steering wheels also make it harder without the PS? The real reason for the little steering wheels is that if they were any bigger there wouldn't be room for the driver's balls. ��

Thumper
11-02-2015, 01:07 PM
Wouldn't those itty bitty steering wheels also make it harder without the PS? The real reason for the little steering wheels is that if they were any bigger there wouldn't be room for the driver's balls. ��

And they'd cost a half million bucks instead of just a quarter million! ;)

When a NASCAR driver loses his cool, he throws his steering wheel! You don't see much of that in Indy car. :D

BarryBobPosthole
11-02-2015, 01:19 PM
I drove a '62 Chevy Impala SS for a while and I'd put a little bitty steering wheel in it. A buddy of mine and I swapped the 327 engine and tranny that came in it with an older 348 out of a '59 and put the 327 in a '55 we were building. That was a strong ass engine, but we'd basically ruined the car for any resale value. I sold it for $400, which is what I'd paid for it.

Man I loved that old '62. Had a comfortable back seat!

BKB

Thumper
11-02-2015, 01:35 PM
Ha! That sucks! I think the convertibles are bringing close to 100K nowadays! I remember the 62's well, I think that was the year they went from the 348 big block ('61) to the 409 that the Beach Boys sang about. ;)