PDA

View Full Version : Never call her a liar.....

Big Muddy
11-02-2015, 05:21 PM
I should have learned by now, never call Sandy a liar....even with most of the green leaves still on our trees, I just had to get in the woods with Sandy, this morning....she treed 6 squirrels, two reds and 4 blackies....I seldom shoot those because I want them to propogate.

I called Sandy a liar on two of the trees, but after a long wait, both squirrels finally showed themselves.....I put these two reds, both young males, in the freezer for squirrel and dumplings, when cold weather gets here.

We put in about 3 miles in four hours of walking, and we are both plum tuckered out....but, in a good way. ;)

She's a little over 9 years old, now, but hasn't slowed up nearly as much as I have. ;)

I don't have the photo skills of Hide, but it is what it is. ;)

jb
11-02-2015, 05:33 PM
Our most common squirrel are the all blacks. We get visitors from other parts of the US and you'd think they saw Big Foot when they see their first black. :bj
Hey Big Muddy are you over the drought yet ?

Big Muddy
11-02-2015, 05:39 PM
Our most common squirrel are the all blacks. We get visitors from other parts of the US and you'd think they saw Big Foot when they see their first black. :bj
Hey Big Muddy are you over the drought yet ?

Yes, JB....it took 120 days to break it, but it is over....6-1/4 inches 10 days ago, over a 4 day period, from that messican hurricane, Patricia....then, another 3/4 inch this past weekend.

It was unbelievable, how fast all of it soaked into the soil.

Thanks for asking.

Nandy
11-02-2015, 05:46 PM
Good shooting!

Buckrub
11-02-2015, 05:47 PM
ML hunting at the farm, it was so dry.......and the squirrels were so numerous.....that you couldn't hear anything but squirrels in the leaves. Hoping it's better on 11/14.

I've seen Jerry's black ones. Maybe some day he can come down here and see ours! :)

Captain
11-02-2015, 07:49 PM
We have had over 4 inches of rain just today. Flooding again!
From famine to feast

BarryBobPosthole
11-02-2015, 07:58 PM
Dumplins tonight!

BKB

HideHunter
11-02-2015, 09:10 PM
Lookin' Good! I wish you lived closer.. I need a buddy with a squirrel/coon dog - and one with beagles .. and one with bird dogs.. and a nice boat.. and a liquor store.. ;) Congrats!

Chicken Dinner
11-02-2015, 10:14 PM
We have had over 4 inches of rain just today. Flooding again! From famine to feast

How'd your set up down in the Peedee holdup after the water sent down? I don't think u ever heard.

Captain
11-02-2015, 10:26 PM
Only the shed survived. The 300 gallon minnow tank and chiller system l, table and chairs all went down river. The little bushhogging tractor was OK.

Nandy
11-02-2015, 11:02 PM
Only the shed survived. The 300 gallon minnow tank and chiller system l, table and chairs all went down river. The little bushhogging tractor was OK.

At least if it is deep enough it will make for good fish attractors....

Fido
11-03-2015, 08:49 AM
You sure those aren't Fox squirrels? We call reds that are half that size.

Big Muddy
11-03-2015, 09:39 AM
Yep, Fido, these are in fact fox squirrels....it's just a local terminology thing....we just call 'em either reds or blackies or grays, in my neck of the woods.

Buckrub
11-03-2015, 09:47 AM
Thinkin' Ed needs to be a Squirrel Monitor:

http://www.projectsquirrel.org/faq.shtml

Big Muddy
11-03-2015, 09:59 AM
Thinkin' Ed needs to be a Squirrel Monitor:

http://www.projectsquirrel.org/faq.shtml

Nope, can't do it....your link refers to their scientific name, "Sciurus niger", and I don't wanna be accused of being racist, and saying the "N" word. ;););)

quercus alba
11-03-2015, 10:10 AM
A racist in Mississippi? Perish the thought

Big Muddy
11-03-2015, 10:14 AM
A racist in Mississippi? Perish the thought

Hee hee hee hee. ;)

Thumper
11-03-2015, 11:07 AM
Ha ha ha! Boy did I get an "education" shortly after moving to Mississippi! I was working (after school, Saturdays and summers) at a Cadillac/Buick/Pontiac/GMC (and later took on Opal) dealership. I was first approached by a fellow employee to join the KKK. Of course I'd HEARD of the KKK, but never thought I'd actually work/live in the midst of actual members! I thought it was just one of those obscure thingies you'd see mentioned on the news from time to time. Oh well.

Not long after that, I was asked by another employee if I wanted to join the John Birch Society. WTF? I was clueless and "thought" it was some sort of "bird watching club"! (I assume I was confusing it with the Audubon Society) When I asked for details, I received a real education! I began to wonder what sort of new world I'd moved to! Don't get me wrong, I LOVED Mississippi ... the wimmins were HOT and I probably had more fun there than anywhere I've ever lived.

BUT ... the KKK?? John Birch Society?? Heck, this was 1967 and I was only 15 years old!!! :crazy