PDA

View Full Version : Its All About The Benjamins

BarryBobPosthole
11-03-2015, 09:58 AM
Ohio votes on whether to legalize weed today. Their approach is kind of unique. The vote is also kind of strange since there are two measures on the ballot, one to legalize it and allow only ten competitors in the business, and another measure thrown together by the legislature in a hurry that effectively kills the measure to legalize it. So they legislated a vote to counter a measure created through a public referendum process. Go figure. Its complicated.

Deppity and Fido, what's gonna happen in Ohio today?

BKB

Fido
11-03-2015, 11:32 AM
Just got back from voting. We usually have a good turn out, couple tax levy's one that I think will pass but voted against it. senior citizens levy to do everything for seniors including mowing your lawn, house cleaning, etc. Wayyyy toooooo much entitlement involved if it passes. Not to much talk on the POT issue, this is redneck country and we have a VERYYYYYY BIGGGG drug problem here in Cambridge.

Thumper
11-03-2015, 12:51 PM
I have a buddy who's a Police Chief in Ohio ... I think I'll call him and see how he voted. ;)

DeputyDog
11-03-2015, 02:54 PM
I'm from Indiana, but I hadn't heard about it even though I border Ohio. I guess it depends on where the voter turn out is. If it's from the larger cities and college towns, it will pass. If it's from more of the rural parts of the state, it probably won't.

It's kinda like how Obama won Indiana in the past two elections. The only counties that he won in were the one's with either a big city or a large university campus.

BarryBobPosthole
11-03-2015, 03:27 PM
Sorry! I'm not sure why I put you over one whole state. Maybe its because you pull for the Reds! Or is that the Indians?

anyway, thanks for the feedback.

BKB

DeputyDog
11-03-2015, 04:36 PM
It's the Tigers. I am right on the border with Ohio and Michigan. Right exactly in the very extreme NE corner of Indiana.

Thumper
11-03-2015, 04:45 PM
It doesn't matter. Once you're north of the Mason-Dixon Line, it's all the same anyway. ;)

BarryBobPosthole
11-03-2015, 04:50 PM
North of the 'Frost Line'.

BKB

Captain
11-03-2015, 04:57 PM
I wish they would legalize every bit of it. Everything they can smoke, chew, drink, pop, shoot, snort etc.
what we do now making criminals out of people that want to slow kill themselves is stupid

Thumper
11-03-2015, 05:01 PM
Cappy for President! ;)

LJ3
11-03-2015, 05:04 PM
I wish they would legalize every bit of it. Everything they can smoke, chew, drink, pop, shoot, snort etc.
what we do now making criminals out of people that want to slow kill themselves is stupid

Should we tell him he's a Libertarian?

BarryBobPosthole
11-03-2015, 05:11 PM

Purty much my thoughts exactly.

And I'd go one step further. I'd unlock all the gates at the power substations. We'd be rid of half the tweaker population in no time. Might cost us a little copper but....

BKB

Chicken Dinner
11-03-2015, 05:27 PM
Free grass.
Free yourselves.
Free the world.

airbud7
11-03-2015, 05:30 PM
I'd unlock all the gates at the power substations. We'd be rid of half the tweaker population in no time. Might cost us a little copper but....

BKB

Lol...^ that would do it...

:angryfire
5994:angryfire

johnboy
11-03-2015, 07:16 PM
The "War on Drugs" might be the biggest failure ever thought of by any politician ever. Unless, of course, you happen to be in the production or distribution of said illegal drugs. Then it has been a huge success.

BarryBobPosthole
11-03-2015, 07:28 PM
I'll offer only a partial defense, because the whole viewpoint of our society towards drugs of all kinds, both illegal and legal is sick sick sick. We have a huge epidemic of prescription drug abuse here in Oklahoma and many of those same peole who are addicted would be horrified if you accused them of being a drug addict. But they are among us, and there a shitload of them.
But crack cocaine hit the US in the 80s and the effects it had on inner cities caused a huge knee jerk reaction to try to stem the tide. As for pot, it should have never been illegal, much less added to the same schedule of some very dangerous stuff. Even the best quality, most potent marijuana is nowhere near the danger or effect of almost all other drugs its associated with.
But I agree, we could have fewer drug problems in our communities if we'd never fought the war on drugs. We NEED to be figuring out how to control whats happening in the presciption drug arena as its costing us a lot of money.

Anyway. I agree!

Nandy
11-03-2015, 08:16 PM
I think the reason marijuana is so high in the schedules is because it is considered a "gate drug".

Thumper
11-03-2015, 08:23 PM
I think the reason marijuana is so high in the schedules is because it is considered a "gate drug".

Alcohol is one of the worst "gateway" drugs available. Why is it legal?

A recent study conducted by researchers at the University of Florida has shown that alcohol is far more of a “gateway drug” than marijuana is.

http://thefreethoughtproject.com/study-shows-alcohol-marijuana-major-gateway-drug/

Nandy
11-03-2015, 08:37 PM
Alcohol is one of the worst "gateway" drugs available. Why is it legal?

http://thefreethoughtproject.com/study-shows-alcohol-marijuana-major-gateway-drug/

I dont argue that point at all... however, that still leaves marijuana as a gateway drug. Im sure if the marijuana were legal you would see lot more use of it. Heck, it is a lot easier to plant marijuana and make your own joint than what it is to make a decent tasting alcoholic beverage...

BarryBobPosthole
11-03-2015, 08:58 PM
A gateway to what is my question. Its probably true that most heroin junkies smoke pot. And yeah they drink too. Heroin suddenly is back in vogue in the midwest. I just lost a nephew to a fatal OD to it just this summer. I can't say if MJ led him to heroin or not because I honestly don't know. His was a type of personality that I think would have led him to it regardless the choice of path to it. One of those people who craved a little higher high and went directly down that path. He was into prescription pain pills before heroin as well. Take your choice.

None of this shit has pat answers. We're all responsible for our own health and safety. I don't need a nanny telling me what I should or shouldn't do. And I don't anyone moralizing about how I choose to get into an altered state either.

BKB

Thumper
11-03-2015, 08:58 PM
I guess EVERYTHING is a "gateway" to something. Heck, as a kid ... loping my mule led to sex. Getting my license led to street racing. Halloween led to my chocolate addiction. Getting a BB gun when I was 8 years old and shooting the Official Daisy paper targets led to me shooting a bazillion holes into Mrs. Wilson's prize Desert Angel Cactus plant .... NO WAIT!!!! I told her it wasn't me! I really don't have any idea who did that! :hair

BarryBobPosthole
11-03-2015, 09:00 PM
Thump led a thread about drugs into one about him squeezing his weasel in 20 posts. He's slippin!

BKB

HideHunter
11-03-2015, 09:32 PM
We, here in Iowa were among the leaders in same sex marriage.. I'm assuming we'll move right ahead with legalized drugs. I fully support medical marijuana.. and with a couple reservations.. recreational. I never smoked much pot..some. The era was right - but this was deep, redneck rural Iowa. We drank beer and whiskey - lots of it. I'll tell you this, though - I liked it. They pass either one here - I'll have some..

especially now - I have eye problems you know. ;)

Arty
11-03-2015, 09:49 PM
We, here in Iowa were among the leaders in same sex marriage.. I'm assuming we'll move right ahead with legalized drugs. I fully support medical marijuana.. and with a couple reservations.. recreational. I never smoked much pot..some. The era was right - but this was deep, redneck rural Iowa. We drank beer and whiskey - lots of it. I'll tell you this, though - I liked it. They pass either one here - I'll have some.. especially now - I have eye problems you know. ;)

That last line made me chuckle.

Hoping for the best for you and yer eyeball.

Shooting lefty isn't bad. Just ask me. I'm a lefty.

Chicken Dinner
11-03-2015, 10:09 PM
It's certainly helped my glaucoma as I've never had a problem.😇

BarryBobPosthole
11-03-2015, 10:10 PM
I can give you some advice. I'm a left eye dominant that shoots righty. And I can't hit shit wingshooting.

The more I drink the less I care about it.

That's my best advice.

BKB

LJ3
11-03-2015, 10:14 PM
Weed is most definitely a gateway drug. BUT. It's a gateway drug because it's illegal, in my opinion. Trying blow, crack, heroin, acid or other crap isn't much of a leap because hey, you're already a lawbreaking drug user. If weed was legal it wouldn't have the appeal to those who head that way just to be a rebel or bad boy. It would take time for things to settle down to that point but I firmly believe hard drug use wouldn't be affected at all by weed being legalized.

BarryBobPosthole
11-03-2015, 10:27 PM
MDMA is pretty prevalent around here in the bar scene. I'd bet the frequency of pot users among that crowd isn't hat much different than the general population.

BKB

Arty
11-03-2015, 10:30 PM
MDMA is pretty prevalent around here in the bar scene. I'd bet the frequency of pot users among that crowd isn't hat much different than the general population. BKB
I'm sorry. I don't know what MDMA is.

So what is it?

BarryBobPosthole
11-03-2015, 10:31 PM
Ecstacy.

airbud7
11-03-2015, 10:37 PM
I don't know what MDMA is.

So what is it?

Man Dat Marijuana Awesome....

Thumper
11-04-2015, 08:19 AM
Well, looks like Ohio rejected it. Get with the 21st century folks! ;)

airbud7
11-04-2015, 08:31 AM
Well, looks like Ohio rejected it. Get with the 21st century folks! ;)

I bet the drug dealers are happy...

Thumper
11-04-2015, 08:37 AM
Weed is most definitely a gateway drug. BUT. It's a gateway drug because it's illegal, in my opinion .... If weed was legal it wouldn't have the appeal to those who head that way just to be a rebel or bad boy.

I agree. Kinda related story ... back in the day when you could only get Coors Beer "out West", it was in high demand in the EAST. When I first moved to Texas, I regularly returned home to Memphis (persactly 500 miles between my apartment and my parents house) for visits. I was driving a '60 Pontiac at the time with a trunk as big as an Olympic sized swimming pool and I NEVER once returned from Texas without that trunk completely packed full of Coors Beer. I'd have the whole load sold within minutes! Heck, I was doing that in 1970, way BEFORE Smokey & the Bandit ever got the idea! ;)

Anyway, the profits would pay all my travel expenses! Odd thing is, now that Coors is available Nationally, I doubt if I could name one person I know who drinks the stuff!

DeputyDog
11-04-2015, 08:42 AM
I'm sorry. I don't know what MDMA is.

So what is it?

Mollie also.