PDA

View Full Version : CFP Rankings

BarryBobPosthole
11-04-2015, 11:53 AM
Bullshit. Pure 100% bulla sheeta.

How are one loss teams ranked ahed of unbeatens? Somebody splain that.

BKB

Chicken Dinner
11-04-2015, 12:35 PM
I don't know the specifics. But, I guess it's about who you've played and who you lost to. It's only week one. Relax.

BarryBobPosthole
11-04-2015, 12:59 PM
Oh I know its early. And that's exactly the point. If they screw it up this early, they'll screw it up later. The playoff advocates all said this bllshit wouldn't happen once we got rid of the BCS.

They lied I reckon.

BKB

quercus alba
11-04-2015, 01:06 PM
It's Paul Finebaums fault

BarryBobPosthole
11-04-2015, 01:07 PM
I don't know who that is.

BKB

Big Muddy
11-04-2015, 01:10 PM
Pretty simple, Phole....the committee said at the onset that "strength of schedule and quality of wins and losses" were their #1 criteria....contrary to all the AP, Coach's, and ESPN polls, that's the very reason the committee dropped Ohio State down to #3....they seem to be using a common sense approach, unlike the commentators, pollsters, bookies, and money grabbers who consistently drool and slobber over sub-Urban and Ohio State.

Ohio State hasn't played a single top 25 team, and won't, until they play both Mich. and Mich. State....and, I firmly believe that one, or even both of them, will pull off an upset.

Just wait until this weekend is over....you'll see them change a buncha sheeit....#2 LSU at #4 Bama for instance....a Bama loss will send them to pergatory and prolly the Toilet Bowl....and, what if Ark. upsets Ole Piss, like they did, last year???....Lord knows, I hope that happens!!!

Chicken Dinner
11-04-2015, 01:11 PM
Just look at the NCAA Basketball Tournament. Somebody is always gonna get screwed no matter how many teams you let in. Before, we were arguing about which two. Now, we're arguing about which 4. Once they expand it to eight, and they will, we'll be arguing about that. From the NCAA's perspective, that's probably a good thing.

quercus alba
11-04-2015, 01:13 PM
Paul Finebaums is on the SEC network supposedly an authority on all things SEC. Big Bama homer

BarryBobPosthole
11-04-2015, 01:16 PM
Apparently playing East Popcorn State doesn't in non conference doesn't affect your rankings. And neither does losing. There's not a nickel's worth of difference in the top ten or twelve's non conference schedules, but yet there's unbeatens ranked below one loss teams. I don't think that's right.

My opinion, FWIW, is that if you're trying to predict now who might end up in the final four you might end up with something close to this list. But if you're ranking teams on their body of work up to now, you'd have a different list. I think the latter is the way they should rank them, not the former.

BKB

Chicken Dinner
11-04-2015, 01:24 PM
Yeah, but us getting fired up about it in early November, clicking on links and watching games because of it is their entire point. So, I say they've got the exact system they want.

Thumper
11-04-2015, 01:26 PM
Bullshit. Pure 100% bulla sheeta.

How are one loss teams ranked ahed of unbeatens? Somebody splain that. BKB

Maybe it's like Bush beating Gore in 2000. Do they use the Electoral College system? :D

Big Muddy
11-04-2015, 01:44 PM
Phole, surely you aren't saying that 8-0 Houston should be ranked higher than 7-1 Bama or 7-1 Stanford, just on the basis of their records.

BarryBobPosthole
11-04-2015, 02:03 PM
Well, yes. For this early in the season I would. If its as they say, and strength of schedules and stuff will eventually lead us to the best teams, then it might work out where that'd be the case. What weight does wins and losses carry in the selection that its outweighed by what conference they are in?

If you look at who they've played and won/lost to, Is there really that much difference in the teams they've played? Bama might carry a slight edge there but not enough to overcome their loss this early in the season. By the end of the season, it will assuredly be different and there's no doubt that Bama is a better team. But there's no rationale in the published rules to take the sunjective into account.

That is, unless you take all the AP and USA Today rankings up to now into account.

My point is, its still a mythical national championship.

And all this talk was BS.

BKB

LJ3
11-04-2015, 02:11 PM

BarryBobPosthole
11-04-2015, 02:13 PM
I have more hair than that guy.
BKB

quercus alba
11-04-2015, 02:41 PM
After ole miss decimates the hogs this weekend, they'll drop for not beating us worse thus causing Alabama's loss to the rebel black bears look worse and drop them out of the top ten.

Big Muddy
11-04-2015, 03:00 PM
QA, remember last year???....let's pray it happens, again!!! ;)

Big Muddy
11-04-2015, 03:05 PM
Phole, you keep saying, "It's too early in the season for this bs"....day'um, the season is 75% over with....only four games left in the regular season.

quercus alba
11-04-2015, 03:20 PM
1) LSU
2) Bama
3) Florida
4) Georgia
5) South Carolina
6) Tennessee
7) Kentucky
8) Auburn
9) Missouri
10) Vanderbilt

I would have listed Arkansas but I didn't want to look like a SEC whore

Chicken Dinner
11-04-2015, 03:59 PM
Ha! One potential scenario I saw had the SEC getting shutout. Very unlikely, but that would be a hoot for the rest of the country!

BarryBobPosthole
11-04-2015, 04:03 PM
http://sports.yahoo.com/news/playoff-committee-shows-brand-name-bias-still-in-full-effect-with-first-rankings-release-013807710-ncaaf.html

Big Muddy
11-04-2015, 06:18 PM
HA, let the envious haters hate!!! ;)

Chad
11-04-2015, 06:22 PM
Based on all this logic, Iowa has got to feel like they've been really screwed over.

DeputyDog
11-04-2015, 06:35 PM
Who is this stranger?

Big Muddy
11-04-2015, 07:13 PM
Based on all this logic, Iowa has got to feel like they've been really screwed over.

Chad, #9 isn't bad, at all....they oughta win out, and if so, they'll have a strong case.

quercus alba
11-04-2015, 08:39 PM

they oughta move to the SEC, then they could get in with three losses

Chad
11-04-2015, 08:51 PM
While #9 isn't bad.... They have just as many quality wins as Alabama and are undefeated. Just don't see how Alabama got to #4. Makes 0 sense to me. Hell, Florida beat Ole Miss and had their loss on the road against LSU. Why aren't they above Alabama? It will be interesting to see how they continue the shuffling.

Buckrub
11-04-2015, 09:10 PM
While #9 isn't bad.... They have just as many quality wins as Alabama and are undefeated. Just don't see how Alabama got to #4. Makes 0 sense to me. Hell, Florida beat Ole Miss and had their loss on the road against LSU. Why aren't they above Alabama? It will be interesting to see how they continue the shuffling.

Hey man. Good to see you. How's Detroit?

And........what quality wins do they have? I was looking and........um..........well, which ones are quality???

And what is a 'win', exactly??? I've forgotten.

BarryBobPosthole
11-04-2015, 10:03 PM

I guess Iowa and Ohio State doesn't play this year unless its in the Big Ten championship game. Ohio State still has to make it by MSU though and that might be a tall order.

What did Urban decide to do with his drunk driving QB?

BKB

Big Muddy
11-04-2015, 11:15 PM
What did Urban decide to do with his drunk driving QB?

BKB

Suspended for one game, against Minn.