PDA

View Full Version : Perplexing

BarryBobPosthole
11-04-2015, 01:11 PM
I managed to crack my toilet tank. I tried to fix it with epoxy but its just too dang far gone. Its an American Standard and is 17 years old. Nowhere anywhere can I find the model numbers on this damned thing to match up with any of the American Standard model numbers on line.

I am just going to replace the whole shooting match. Which begs the question, where does one get rid of an old toilet?

Being retired is hard, man. None of the business problems I worked on was this tough.
BKB

Chicken Dinner
11-04-2015, 01:13 PM
Around these parts, we put it out to the curb with the rest of the garbage. Out in the country, I thought you guys just used them for planters out in the yard.

BarryBobPosthole
11-04-2015, 01:18 PM
Hahaha, I mentioned the planter idea to my wife and got the stinkeye. I actually said it'd make a great mailbox planter.

BKB

Chicken Dinner
11-04-2015, 01:22 PM
Sounds like the reaction I got when I suggested we put a urinal in the basement bathroom we're remodeling. For the life of me, I can't figure out why that woman is against it.

BarryBobPosthole
11-04-2015, 01:29 PM
That'd be called a 'sink' in some parts of the coutry.

BKb

Thumper
11-04-2015, 01:32 PM
We used to be able to put them by the curb and they'd get picked up during trash collection. But that all changed ... now we have those big bins on wheels and the truck with the lift-arms picks up the bins and dumps them. Everything has to fit in the bin to be picked up. If I have a larger item, I have to call for a special pick-up ... and I only get so many of those per year. So ... the last toilet I replaced, I took a sledge hammer to it and it only took about 2 blows to get it all to fit into the bin. ;)

Thumper
11-04-2015, 01:34 PM
Sounds like the reaction I got when I suggested we put a urinal in the basement bathroom we're remodeling. For the life of me, I can't figure out why that woman is against it.

CD, my buddy is getting ready to build a house right now and that's one thing he insisted the architect draw into the plans ... a urinal in the master bedroom bath! He's been telling me for years that if he ever builds a house, he wants a urinal. He's a "big ol' boy" and I suspect that's part of the reason he wants one.

BarryBobPosthole
11-04-2015, 01:35 PM
Prolly what I'll do.

BKB

BarryBobPosthole
11-04-2015, 03:47 PM
Well, I found a good deal on an American Standard Champion. So I have a Champion shitter. How many people can say that? Only its not a CFP ranked Champion, its s real Champion.

The semi funny part is when I was at Home Depot the older gentleman who I asked all about the shitter obviously didn't care for my looks and was being kind of....well, shitty. It was marked 25% off he said because it was a demo. So, me being the smartass I am asked him how many people he thought had shit in it to demo it. The fucker wouldn't even help me load it in my truck. The curmudgeon.

BKB

DeputyDog
11-04-2015, 04:01 PM
Well, it's nice to know that you piss people off in person too, not just on the internet. :lmao

Chicken Dinner
11-04-2015, 04:01 PM
Some people have absofuckinglutely no senses of humor.

Chicken Dinner
11-04-2015, 04:04 PM
I'm still wondering why my Mrs. Balked when I showed her this:

BarryBobPosthole
11-04-2015, 04:04 PM
Well, it's nice to know that you piss people off in person too, not just on the internet. :lmao

Well, I can't abide dawdling service from surly Home Depot fuckers.

BKB

Nandy
11-04-2015, 05:21 PM
Being retired is hard, man. None of the business problems I worked on was this tough.
BKB

That's be cause the wife will not accept "NTF, send to the other end." as an answer...

BarryBobPosthole
11-04-2015, 07:23 PM
Nandy, you sound like an old long lines guy!

bKB

Trav
11-04-2015, 07:42 PM
Barry you can dump it at the city of Owasso recycling center. You just turn South on Main st, south of 76th street and follow it around till you are facing East. It's on the left/North.

BarryBobPosthole
11-04-2015, 08:27 PM
Thanks Trav. Wasn't sure if they'd take it or not.
BKB

Arty
11-04-2015, 08:36 PM
Did you call dibs on "christening" it once you install it? I think the man of the house has first right of refusal on something like that.

LJ3
11-04-2015, 09:44 PM
Barry you can dump it at the city of Owasso recycling center. You just turn South on Main st, south of 76th street and follow it around till you are facing East. It's on the left/North.

Dump it? Seriously? :)

Captain
11-04-2015, 09:48 PM
Are there not any dirt roads near Owasso ;) :D

Big Muddy
11-04-2015, 10:28 PM
Are there not any dirt roads near Owasso ;) :D

Haha, thinking the same thing, Cap....around here, we just put stuff like that at the end of the long gravel driveway, with a for sale sign on it....it'll disappear overnight....if you don't put the for sale sign on it, nobody will touch it. ;)

BarryBobPosthole
11-04-2015, 10:32 PM
Haha, thinking the same thing, Cap....around here, we just put stuff like that at the end of the long gravel driveway, with a for sale sign on it....it'll disappear overnight....if you don't put the for sale sign on it, nobody will touch it. ;)

That'd work here too!

My snooty ass HOA would prolly give me the chair for that though.

BKB

Nandy
11-04-2015, 10:32 PM
Nandy, you sound like an old long lines guy!

bKB

Well, I see that all the time in the tickets I get to work to because no one find the trouble, i can see days of NTF but no one cared to put loops or a simple T-Berd on the ckt...

anyway, glad you got your crapper taking care of...

BarryBobPosthole
11-04-2015, 10:42 PM
I kept thinking all day of Randy Quaid hollering 'Shitter's full!'.

Back in the day of private line networks, we built a lot of CCSA (common controlled switchng arrangements) networks for companes like GE and Rockwell and such. They were made up of hundreds, sometimes thousands of voice channels. And every morning we'd get hundreds of tickets generated from the switches for supervision problems. 'No wink'. The first thong our maintenance guys would do is refer them all out to the distant end so the tech there would end up having o fault isolate the problem. So we'd refer ours out, they'd refer ours to us, and we'd both get really righteous about having to work tickets on problems in their house.

And that was about the stupidest way ever to do business. But nobody would ever stop!

Sorry for the Thump story,but that NTF has been around a long tme!

BKB

Nandy
11-04-2015, 11:25 PM
Long time in deed, I think that was the first abbreviation invented by the telecommunication industry and you know how much we like our abbreviations.... time to snap out of it....

I found my son last ipod in the shitter... I had to take the whole thing out since it was plugged. needless to say, I didnot try to save that one....