PDA

View Full Version : Who has been to Zion Canyon?

BarryBobPosthole
11-04-2015, 10:35 PM
Watching a NOVA program and they were showing how it was formed. I gotta go there. Can you fish there?

BKB

Chicken Dinner
11-04-2015, 11:03 PM
I think I was watching the same show. I've driven through it, but spent much more time in the Grand Canton and Bryce. Geology is very cool and there is an amazing variety of intention a three hour drive of Vegas.

BarryBobPosthole
11-04-2015, 11:44 PM
We took a float down the Colorado below the dam out there and I always thought it'd be cool to rent a boat and make a few excursion stops along that river. There's quite a few geothermal springs and like you said, some awesome geology.

BKB

Big Skyz
11-05-2015, 10:26 AM
I've been there a lot. I used to live only a little over an hour away from Zions Canyon. I don't recall any fishing there, but then again, I wasn't looking for a place to fish either. It's beautiful, but if a guy is going to visit Southern Utah he main as well visit Bryce Canyon, Cedar Breaks (Cedar Breaks is my favorite of the bunch), and Kolob canyon along with Zion's. They are all within a few hours of each other. A guy could see them all in two days. It's worth the trip out there.

Thumper
11-05-2015, 10:38 AM
Yep, been there a few times, including most all the National Parks in Utah. There is tons of fishing all around that area. In a related note, some buddies and I spent a week on Lake Powell (6 couples on a house boat) just before I moved back to Florida. That trip was one of the highlights of my lifetime.

Big Skyz
11-05-2015, 11:15 AM
Thump is right there is fishing near there, but I thought you meant is there fishing in Zion's Canyon and I don't recall there being any in the park itself. However not too far away is some great trout fishing and Quail Creek Reservoir has exceptional large mouth bass fishing.

BarryBobPosthole
11-05-2015, 11:15 AM
Its now officially on my bucket list.

BKB